G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

GP Friday 15th January

Harness & Greyhounds
Chicago Bull $1.65 and Magnificent Storm $1.95 available.

Any takers?

Comments

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

Chicago Bull $1.65 and Magnificent Storm $1.95 available.

Any takers?
    $1.90 bull opened, was a taker at that price would let him go around at 1.65 though

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Would not have been that price from barriers 1 - 5 but good shopping in my opinion.

Keeping my powder dry with Magnificent Storm after the gut buster in extreme conditions at his last start. Meets the two horses that I consider the only real threat to him in the Bond duo Petronus Star and Howard Hughes. Petronus Star drawn to provide a serious challenge and Howard Hughes will need luck from draw. 

Would not have been that price from barriers 1 - 5 but good shopping in my opinion.

Keeping my powder dry with Magnificent Storm after the gut buster in extreme conditions at his last start. Meets the two horses that I consider the only real threat to him in the Bond duo Petronus Star and Howard Hughes. Petronus Star drawn to provide a serious challenge and Howard Hughes will need luck from draw. 

Wouldn’t of been that price from 1-5 you’re right. But if I still thought he was overs I still would of bet also would of had more on
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Agree completely can’t step in to Magnificent Storm after that ran in the heat particularly with how the marbles have fallen.

I think As Happy As Larry is a nice place play.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    You sound very confident Rocket.

You sound very confident Rocket.

Just thought it was a more than reasonable price

• PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    Chariots in your opinion seeing what Magnificent Storm did in his last race and not how it could
    affect him tomorrow night are you able to give a opinion in comparison to a horse at the same stage of his career.
    I know he still has a lot to prove but what I’m really asking is on Pure Ability ?
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    I will have a stab PS.....Satinover
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Good comparison with Satinover though possibly more tractable. On speed alone, he reminds me of Chandon, those 26 quarters he runs are blistering.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Boy oh boy its early days - and few of you are talking like John Hunt and Disco Force

Then it ran into that top horse of Hallys - and the lights went out in the disco 
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Pure high speed thought lively medley was heading for super stardom and not 100% comfortably  at G.P.------hoping-- M.S  didn't suffer any long term damage,he seemed he was all out.L/S

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Picture Son I don't like comparing horses from different eras but this horse does seem to have it all. High speed and stamina and a bit quirky when he seems to switch off when he considers the job is done.

Markovina Magnificent Storm is no Disco Force and in my opinion that was John Hunt's achilles heel in that he grossly over rated precocious juveniles that were always going to struggle in open company.

Magnificent Storm does not fit into that category and has the potential to be a grand circuit competitor.

His full brother Stamford was a sound first up second at Pinjarra on Monday but does not have the imposing confirmation of his older brother.

Markovina likes this post.

• maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    I think Disco Force's biggest problem was they left him a bull too long. I remember one night at GP he was trying to mount one of the Lombo mares in the parade ring, when the mare was in her sulky. He was a 3yo at the time, from memory.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1-   Master Publisher,  Pocket The Cash,  Parmesan,  Headline Act
    Race 2-   Major Stare,  Rocknroll Whitby,  Touch Of Success,  Marquisard
    Race 3-   Bettor Be Oscar,  Miracle Moose,  Sergeant Oats,  Rock Me Over
    Race 4-   Chicago Bull,  Bletchley Park,  Our Jimmy Johnstone,  As Happy As Larry
    Race 5-   Magnificent Storm,  Howard Hughes,  Patronus Star,  Al Guerrero
    Race 6-   Vivere Damore,  Bettor Copagoodone,  Just Wing It,  Triroyale Brigade
    Race 7-   The Kraken,  The White Rabbit,  Kilowatt Kid,  Quick Stride
    Race 8-   Infatuation,  Queen Shenandoah,  Tellmetoattack,  Valbonne
    Race 9-   Thats Perfect,  Sangue Reale,  Machlani,  Blue Blazer
    Race 10- WaltzingWithSierra,  Tiffany Rose,  Taroona Bromac,  Jack William

I must admit Savethegame I got excited seeing Lively Medley the first time obviously didn’t reach his full potential I believe due to injury.
    But on 1 run and the only race that I watched him in
    I thought this horse has big upside and yes i got excited again.
    Way I see it any potential superstar is a good thing
    always a good tonic in these uncertain times.

VillageKid, savethegame likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Markovina said:

Boy oh boy its early days - and few of you are talking like John Hunt and Disco Force

Then it ran into that top horse of Hallys - and the lights went out in the disco 
    Bit harsh on John Hunt Marko for trying to generate some excitement in his calls on a "potential superstar".
    Disco Force wasnt on his Mick Malone there either- Wirrpanda, Trunkey Maserati, Talladega etc were others JH loved as juveniles. 
    There were others Hunty loved too like Chandon, Jack Morris, Hilarion Star, Norms Daughter, Lively Medley etc that did kick on and or succumbed to injury unfortunately.

Then again Cordero letting go in the back straight at
    Pinjarra in a moderate field got my attention.
    Nothing better than seeing a Pacer let go in the Back Straight rounding up the field for Home.
    Very rare occurrence but what a way of show casing
    the Trots!

VillageKid likes this post.

Then again Cordero letting go in the back straight at
    Pinjarra in a moderate field got my attention.
    Nothing better than seeing a Pacer let go in the Back Straight rounding up the field for Home.
    Very rare occurrence but what a way of show casing
    the Trots!

Radiant Oro and Royal Force come to mind from past eras and it is extremely doubtful that Cordero will reach their heights.

Markovina said:

Bit harsh on John Hunt Marko for trying to generate some excitement in his calls on a "potential superstar".
    Disco Force wasnt on his Mick Malone there either- Wirrpanda, Trunkey Maserati, Talladega etc were others JH loved as juveniles. 
    There were others Hunty loved too like Chandon, Jack Morris, Hilarion Star, Norms Daughter, Lively Medley etc that did kick on and or succumbed to injury unfortunately.

No VK  - im not anti John Hunt at all 

When he did the GP preview Frid morning on racing radio ( about 10 years ago when he was still course commentator ) they were outstanding - and so enjoyable - theyd go for about 20 minutes - and i never missed listening to them -  i actually looked forward to listening to it each week - thats how good they were eg - he would tell you - look Chis Lewis has won this race 5 times previously - and he would name the horses and the years

He put plenty of preparation into his previews ( which some dont ) and they were brillaint previews - 10 out of 10 

However he could get carried away with young horses - and as Chariots said - it is so much harder in open company

However it is exciting to have this horse on the scene at present 

VillageKid likes this post.

R3 No12 Baby Face Adda-Track Carrera Mach everywhere he goes then dive bomb him.

R4 No10 As Happy As Larry. Loved his last run, soft on the pegs. 1by5.

R6 No5 Delightfulreaction-1by5 again. She’s got me again, has to get the soft trip tonight

R7 No5 Quick Stride. I’ve probably got these couple of heats wrong but I like a couple of swoopers.

R9 No7 Blue Blazer- provided the fave doesn’t just run to the top there are some great prices around for this guy to run top two.

Good luck all.

PackedMetalPanda, VillageKid likes this post.

Where’s that Svilicich horse Gilga.
    Protecting the odds are we.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Not really keen on anything - nothing really stands out 

However i have had small e/w bet @ the $6 on WaltzingWithSierra in the last 

Historically when mares heat peak form( which it is ) they are hard to beat - been racing better oppo with quicker mile rates 

Can she sit in the breeze and still win - maybe 
    edited January 2021

Where’s that Svilicich horse Gilga.
    Protecting the odds are we.

I originally had it pegged as the leader so was quite keen but have lost a bit of confidence. I have to have a bit on, can’t have it win without me at that price.

We both know though the day it wins it will have 1 and go around $1.40 haha

freodockers likes this post.

I see Kitty Go Round in R2 at Busselton is out of Meggie Dear, has she foaled any decent ones? 

Kitty might give the flying Jill Mach something to chase tonight. 

Will be having a go at Adda Rockinheaven.

Some really interesting races with the fields spread over the handicaps.
    Funny that Gilg. They are prepared to start off 30 or 40m handicaps but don't dare put them in barriers 8 or 9.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

Parmesan
    Marquisard
    All wood Rock
    Simba Bromac
    Blue Blazer

Has Howard got his inside the witches hat free pass,gives him better then a flukers hope if produces it tonight.

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

No sprint lane STG.
    More than likely HU next his form next start.
    We he went last start was  a no go zone, they got one of them at g.p as.well in the straight.

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Race 4 Melton now theres a great photo of the finish you would keep.
    Looked like something out of the Magnificent Seven.