G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members
R1- Best Bet: GINGER KNIGHT comes from a high rating maiden behind Wilchino from two back is racing well. Found the Narrogin 930m a little too slick first up but finished off well before struggling to stay with a talented pair second up. Last start looked lost down the straight at Pinjarra but stuck on well and now gets out to 1100 and back around a bend which look positive. Expect him to come out running from the high draw and at least find the breeze on a track that should suit those on speed.

R2- TALKABOUTYOU trialled marginally slower than market elect AMELIA’S CHANT and is drawn outside her but did look to do it easier at the trials. Jumped very cleanly, travelled well and had something to give when asked for an effort. There aren’t many speed horses in this so he should be able to find the breeze outside Amelia’s Chant but looks good enough to overcome the slightly tougher run.

R3- LAST OF THE LINE backed up an outstanding trial with a big first up run last week. Went back from a wide and found trouble on the turn but hit the line really well for third. Backing up from a first up run isn’t generally a positive but he has done it successfully in the past so happy to trust he can do it again. Could find himself in a number of spots within the first four which all look like great places to be and can make himself hard to beat.

R4- GIANT LEAP isn’t a 1000m horse but was forced to try and out sprint them first up in a slow run race. Was a massive effort to go down by the small margin and now gets out to 1400 second up which looks his right trip. Smashed rivals over 1400 at the end of his last campaign and trialled like he had gotten better this prep. Will again have to produce a big run from back in the field on a day that looks like suiting leaders but he looks a class above here.

R5- OUR DANNI has found her best form and put together two big wins from her last two. Demolished midweek opposition two back before sitting deep on speed and finding to hold off a similar field to this last start. Gets a weight swing on the five horses she beat in this field last start after the claim of Hefel and looks like finding the breeze in this race which is a big positive and is capable of making it three on the spin.

R6- DEFIANTLY has put in two very good runs since coming to town having raced just fairly in Geraldton early in her prep. Wasn’t suited by a very slow tempo over 1800 last start in the La Trice but still ran a good race. Her run two back was super though in a strongly run 2200 that allowed her to display her staying ability. Is back out to 2200 in what looks like being a genuinely run race and from four she can sit where she’s comfortable and only has to replicate the run from two back.

R7- PRINCE DEVOUTLY is clearly a horse with issues but has a super record and looks pretty talented. Hasn’t been to the races in 474 days but trialled really well for his return a month ago. Like that he has been given a month between the trial and race and with the bar plates now off (late change) happy to trust he’s close to 100% sound. Has gate speed so should be able to find cover with a lot of the other speed horses drawn outside him.

R8- INDIAN PACIFIC did the work last start to lead them running and still gave a big kick to score. Doesn’t have to lead here with Mervyn engaged and drawn wide and may be better when ridden just off the leaders. Has yet to run a bad race in his career having even been competitive at group one level. Goes up 2kg on last start against a very similar field but he is a real winner.

R9- RATION ALY was having her first start beyond 1400 last start but was a good winner. Has always looked like a mare who would appreciate longer trips and now out again to 1800 should be to her liking. Raced with little luck in two attempts at the fillies and mares series but got herself out of trouble last start when behind a wall on the bend. Finished up winning soft and can win again in what should be a genuinely run 1800.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Will be a long wait, but Aberdeen Queen in the last for me. Has been desperately unlucky this prep.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    Ginger knight
    Tollman
    Devine beast
    Ouqba Ted
    Time to sizzle
    Mervyn
    Ration aly
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Going against Train in the opener as Pont likely gets the perfect run with Molly Magee 1 back and inside Ginger Knight who probably breezes, none of these are stars but i'm thinking she can overrun them from there in the straight.

Similar scenario for Last Of The Line who will box seat, Hill is seeing them well and should extricate this talented galloper off the fence straightening and from there he just wins..

R6 It's hard to split Ouqba Ted whom with his pilot are both in good form and Lonsdale Lady, she can go much better this time out to this trip has a bit of class I think.

R7 Spec bet on Amelia's Contraire first up in what looks a pretty open race, Time to Sizzle worth a bet too one of them surely gets some cover in running.

R9 All the main chances have drawn inside gates 1, 2 and 3 luck getting a run in the straight will be critical.
    I am thinking that tomorrow the Pontiff could end up bookending the card on Ration Aly, will obviously need some of that luck from 2 but I expect him to not give CP drawn inside him any quarter whatsoever, until he hits the go button when clear galloping room presents(I hope)and he is off for the prize.She is a quite progressive mare imo and likely the best of these.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    R3 Power of St George. Second up and increased distance suits
    R6 Celtic Diva ran on nicely last start and may be returning to old form (finished first 2 in 9 out of first 17 starts) 

rooboy, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    After getting shafted on Regal Poyse on Thursday Slip im on Celtic Diva!
    Only 2 rides for Pat today and Celtic is his only hope.Nice run last start and should get a nice sit in the 1 out line.
    She goes alright Celtic Diva, was all over her last prep.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Gees the 2yo’s are not behaving today.
    Also the one who went around at 1.40 and gave up in a heartbeat.. meanwhile Pont holds on wow that ended up close, is riding some winners lately the champ ;)

Yankee, thefalcon likes this post.

• WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Gee defiantly could not run a place pretty average.
    their all pretty average!
    Another PEACH of a ride champ  \:D/

R3 Power of St George. Second up and increased distance suits
    R6 Celtic Diva ran on nicely last start and may be returning to old form (finished first 2 in 9 out of first 17 starts) 

Nearly 3 weeks in a row. Gee whiz can find them the blue man

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Sadly wont get double figures again but Amelia's Contraire has back me next time written all over it after that ripping run today.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Think you may have followed the money into defiantly reading your post Whatisthepoint.And agree with Thunder to a degree mediocre races 66+ staying races . Could do the form 5 times and not get it right
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Nearly 3 weeks in a row. Gee whiz can find them the blue man
    To quote Maxwell Smart.... Missed it...By that much.
    I did get a result with the novelties and nice place div but oh that small margin.
    Was there a margin in the 2nd race. Apparently owner reckons they have won after running second with Green and Shady, reported by J Rooney
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Looking at the photo on cris I tend to agree with the judge.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• MinesACoronaMinesACorona    184 posts
    At first look I said the inside horse. Have had a few looks and can see a shadow, inconclusive from me perhaps a dead heat. 2nd horse really did fly late.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    gee vin walsh isn't taking this laying down....
    i agree with tony, i had 3 looks and reckon the winner just scraped in....another few cms. and the other wins...such is racing.
    what really pi**es me off is when a horse leads all the way except the last metre or so..
    >:P
    ^^ oops, the owner is eddie rigg, sorry vin...
    had a good look at the pic in todays west and you'd bet the outside horse won, ie G&S.....
    like to see the photo that sways  the judges verdict, in melb. they put it up everytime there is a very close finish...
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    edited January 2021
    I agree the west photo indicates the outside but that is taken from the TV where the camera is not exactly on the line.

The cris photo is the official photo finish

agree tony. in this case a dead heat would have been a very fair assessment...
  • shothrushothru    243 posts
    On the official photo finish picture, There is a 'shadow' extending from the inside horses nose. And the case is that the line for the finish on the photo is in the wrong place. If that is proven to be the case, the result is wrong. 
  • altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    hi guys read eddie's complaint & shot that is his dispute he believe's when u remove the shadow there's a clear margin to his horse , the issue i think is can the shadow be taken out of the photo/finish that question needs to be answered if that can't b done BEST RESULT DEADHEAT that's my altern8vu a lot at stake for eddie's horse so to speak cheers ;) :D ;;) :D
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited January 2021
    I've been watching Ascot finishes from the same tv angle for about 30 years and I couldn't come up with a scenario where the inside horse wins. I was shocked that the inside horse won
    tony said:

I agree the west photo indicates the outside but that is taken from the TV where the camera is not exactly on the line.

The cris photo is the official photo finish

The tv camera is past the post so if the outside looks to have won from the tv, it has certainly won.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Looking at the CRIS photo finish my first thoughts were dead heat but potentially could find a margin to the inside horse.  No way I can see the outside with a margin from that.  If the argument is the photo isn’t on the line then that’s opening a huge can of worms.  I’m sure we’ve all been beaten on the line when we were in front just after...........

• shothrushothru    243 posts
    altern8vu said:

hi guys read eddie's complaint & shot that is his dispute he believe's when u remove the shadow there's a clear margin to his horse , the issue i think is can the shadow be taken out of the photo/finish that question needs to be answered if that can't b done BEST RESULT DEADHEAT that's my altern8vu a lot at stake for eddie's horse so to speak cheers ;) :D ;;) :D

The shadow can and has been removed
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts
    Why does the inside horse have a shadow and not the outside horse? 

Can't believe this has got so much airtime. There is a margin to the inside horse on the official photo. Who gives a toss what it looks like on the TV

Thunderstruck, tony, JimmyPop likes this post.

Because tv is live and isn't reliant on software to "produce" an image.