G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 2 Non Members

Bunbury(Australia Day)

West Australian Racing
Well not sure if you can say the word anymore..
Can’t even make the last race Tabtouch Australia Day handicap..!!?? See Caulfield or Victoria no mention either..
Anyway do like Marochino in the 8th..

Comments

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Buddy123 said:

Well not sure if you can say the word anymore..
    Can’t even make the last race Tabtouch Australia Day handicap..!!?? See Caulfield or Victoria no mention either..
    Anyway do like Marochino in the 8th..

Its a shame that political correctness is threatening the celebration of our great country. I want to be able to celebrate Australia and everything that it means to be an Australian. We shouldn't be made to feel bad about it and certainly shouldn't have to suppress the title "Australia Day"!

If moving the date will put an end to this I'm all for it, but don't change the name of it.

oldhendo, JimmyPop likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Interesting to see if any club incorporates the Australian flag silks in races at their meeting as some have done so in the past.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

Interesting to see if any club incorporates the Australian flag silks in races at their meeting as some have done so in the past.

I noticed that they were in use at Ascot on Saturday
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    edited January 2021
    more likely they’ll have the aboriginal flag

JimmyPop likes this post.

SLIPPERGOLDEN dislikes this post.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    Race 4- cable boy each way
    Race 5- there’s a chance each way
    Race 6- cuballing win
    Race 7- red mill at big odds place chance
    Race 8- tradensia win
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Completely agree Redmill. Took $71 thought it was overs. Should start around $26
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Tidied it up boys, Falc be better

rooboy likes this post.

edited January 2021
    I’m more concerned about the Roy Rogers flag being erected

Gilgamesh, oldhendo likes this post.

^^ did you cop the run of lukes gold...after his 2 winners... :-?
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Big chance of winning the first couple of races i think, although an 11 start maiden I reckon Dancing Jack is ready to win the stayers race.The current odds are skinny due to the pilot but may drift out a little as i can see Glenaureen starting fav.
    shouldn't these meetings be reversed..ascot tomorrow and bunbury on wednesday?
    thefalcon said:

more likely they’ll have the aboriginal flag

Maybe they should. What a progressive, positive gesture for the industry that would be.

plugga likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Naidoc race-day would be better

thefalcon dislikes this post.

please boys, do not get me started.... L-)

Thunderstruck likes this post.

I agree it's a racing thread plenty of other places to jump on the soapbox.
    edited January 2021
    Sticky barrier and some speed in it but amazingly Rosso Tempesta might start double figures tomorrow =P~
    edited January 2021
    Chris quote      I’m more concerned about the Roy Rogers flag being erected

Roy Rogers.... Ripley would not believe it. He wouldn't be the only one.
    :-\"
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    thefalcon said:

shouldn't these meetings be reversed..ascot tomorrow and bunbury on wednesday?

Bunbury has had an Australia Day meeting for as long as I can remember.  

thefalcon likes this post.

edited January 2021
    3 games of Big Bash with Scorchers on from 9.30, good card East and local, life could be worse.

Might even have a refreshment or two.
    Would be un Australian not too, there is a good card at Caulfield indeed, when to start refreshments is the dilemma..

Chris, thefalcon likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    No dilemma Thunder. If Gangajang Aussie crawl Icehouse etc are not coming through the speakers between races . And you haven't got a stub in hand and the barbe cranking by midday with a mob of your mates , well that's un Australian

Thunderstruck, Chris, thefalcon, JimmyPop likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Reckon the jockey missed the opportunity on Flyin Maschine to get going about the 500m. Decided to stay inside and got blocked.  :-&
    Jimmy Pop you obviously didn't see Falcon's original post before Chris edited it.
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    detonator said:

detonator said:

Reckon the jockey missed the opportunity on Flyin Maschine to get going about the 500m. Decided to stay inside and got blocked.  :-&

correct mate. If she had of got onto pikeys back at the 700 it would have been all over
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    silky said:

detonator said:

detonator said:

correct mate. If she had of got onto pikeys back at the 700 it would have been all over

There were a few that should have been in the finish. That's what happens when you let a 100/1 pop get up outside the leader.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Can someone explain to me how we allow thousands of people to protest March and gather shoulder to shoulder to protest the Australia Day date yet we restrict crowds to 10,000 at Ascot on Perth Cup day and the BBL final to 30,000 at Optus ???
    Are sporting crowds more contagious and more likely to spread the virus than protesters?
    I call that discrimination. 
    B-)
    because, deto, anything to do with aboriginals gets the green flag. everybody is s**t scared of being called racist. the way they carry on its a very mini version of nazism.

Manchild likes this post.

edited January 2021
    The protests aren't ticketed events, hence the cricket etc are controllable.
    edited January 2021
    Double post!