Race 7-   Miracle Moose,  Walsh,  Bettor Finish,  Major Stare
Race 8-   Delightfulreaction,  Kiwi Bloke,  Run For Mercy,  Jesse Allwood
Race 9-   Rumour Has It,  Royal Essence,  Black Jack Baby,  Benesari Lane
Race 10- Wainui Creek,  Queen Shenandoah,  Sheza Bromac,  Divinia Bellezza

+1 -1

Gilgamesh, JayJay likes this post.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    Despite all the negatives at the moment we have actually got a pretty good race meeting tonight.

R1: No1 Matjestic Star. For me his is still well over the price he should be, if he is somewhere near right he will be allowed to run his own race and they won’t catch him.

R2: No4 I’m Rocknroll Magic (place). I thought he could run a really good race here from the breeze, have seen over $3 a place around.

R3: No1 Carrera Mach. Don’t think Voak will have any trouble punching through then they can’t get past him.

R4: No1 Chiaroscuro 1wby2plc ratio bet mid tote. Leads, hands up, good chance of running back past them in the straight.

R5: No10 Copy N Pace 1.5wby4.5plc ratio bet. No11 Magnificent Storm win. I don’t think team Bond has the draw or the ammo to hold out Magnificent Storm. If they go mad the gaps will come for Copy N Pace, such good odds have been bet around him for a small win investment but even now he is still a good plc bet IMO.

R6 No12 Pocket The Cash 2wby5plc ratio. Going to have a decent crack at him, Lindsay will not be too far back and will pull out earlier enough, I really think he can challenge, might peak late but he will still hold on for a place at worst.

R7: No5 Walsh. He is flying, limited horse but could easily be a carbon copy of his last win.

Good luck anyone having a punt.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    I know JJ mentioned he had terminated his West subscription last week after no mention of "The West" sponsored Nights Of Thunder final nor the Ray Duffy Memorial so he will be pleased to know he has not missed a thing.
    Just flicking through a copy at work at lunch and no surprise to see absolutely no mention of the only Group 1 race in WA this weekend the $125k 4yo Classic tonight at GP.....
    But there is a few stories and photo of lesser thoroughbred races (non Group) at Ascot & Bunbury this weekend and other puff pieces all by our supposed trots writer!
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    To all the people complaining that the West doesn't write articles, why don't YOU write articles. You have the time to sit on this forum and complain about it don't you? You all seem VERY passionate, very knowledgeable, well written (mostly), well researched. 

A few years back I dreamed of becoming the Busso Margs Times and SW Times' harness journo. Wrote me an article about Bailey McDonough's first win and got it published. They were keen as mustard to have a couple paragraphs of garble to print - better yet articles that actually included interviews and no spelling mistakes! Sadly the 16hr time difference made getting articles researched, written and sent in time for printing super bloody hard so I retired triumphant as a 1 time published journalist. If I could do it from Canada, you guys could do it **** easy. I'll buy the first of you to get published a beer. 

Alternatively, tell me what to write about, give me some interesting tidbits and facts and I'll write some articles for The West. I ain't got the time but I got the inclination dawgs

freodockers, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Tell ya what KTQ I’ll give you a carton of beer if you can get a story published in the West.
    I nominate Marko as the supplier of the story.

Gilgamesh, Chopchop43 likes this post.

Actually make it 10 cartons.
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Seriously. TEN cartons. oh mate, you're on! Come on Marko - supply me a story 
    Maybe Rocket could supply something.
    He would love to see me pay out/contribute something to the industry.

Rocket_Reign, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Only bet for the night Roman Aviator.
    When you least expect it, expect it.

Tell ya what KTQ I’ll give you a carton of beer if you can get a story published in the West.
    I nominate Marko as the supplier of the story.

But it would be on the Tuesday arvo Redcliffe meeting! :P

freodockers likes this post.

You look I think it’s fair to say Magnificent Storm probably wouldn’t have any issues with Lavra Joe.

JayJay, freodockers, Chopchop43, VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Absolutely smashed a very good field......what a star.

freodockers, Gilgamesh, VillageKid, jum likes this post.

Yep thought he was a bit jaded on last run.
    Obviously not, what a horse.
    Good luck to connections what a horse they have.
    However I’m not paying up for a story on him in the West.

JayJay, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Sorry to all connections of any horse I have backed over the last fortnight, Magnificent Storm even managed to defy that anvil.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    0.1 outside the track record he’s arguably the best in his age group in the country

0.1 outside the track record he’s arguably the best in his age group in the country

I think the chariots is a week or two after the Nugget??

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Would love to see him head over, good on Ray aswell hope he enjoys the ride sure does deserve it

freodockers, VillageKid, Gilgamesh, Rex, jum likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

8 days after, $7 is the beat I can see available for him and $4.80 the lowest. Hopefully all goes well the next fortnight and they can get a flight.
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Caribbean Blaster's seem to get better with age. All The Bells couldn't run out of sight in the dark as a young horse - is now a reasonable mare and Caruba gets better and better. 

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    KTQ said:

To all the people complaining that the West doesn't write articles, why don't YOU write articles. You have the time to sit on this forum and complain about it don't you? You all seem VERY passionate, very knowledgeable, well written (mostly), well researched. 

A few years back I dreamed of becoming the Busso Margs Times and SW Times' harness journo. Wrote me an article about Bailey McDonough's first win and got it published. They were keen as mustard to have a couple paragraphs of garble to print - better yet articles that actually included interviews and no spelling mistakes! Sadly the 16hr time difference made getting articles researched, written and sent in time for printing super bloody hard so I retired triumphant as a 1 time published journalist. If I could do it from Canada, you guys could do it **** easy. I'll buy the first of you to get published a beer. 

Alternatively, tell me what to write about, give me some interesting tidbits and facts and I'll write some articles for The West. I ain't got the time but I got the inclination dawgs

Ummm KTQ The West or at least its Sports Editor has made it plainly obvious he/she has absolutely no interest in the Trots. 
    I could have written a Walkley Award winning article previewing the GROUP 1 4yo Classic at GP tonight and it would still have not seen the light of day in that fish and chip wrapper of a paper!
    If you could not find even a small space to preview the Classic which had an outstanding equine going for his 12th straight win in a Group 1 then you really have to wonder?
    Could you imagine if there was a WA galloper going for 12 straight wins leading up to a Group 1 race? 
    There would be a 12 page wrap around....and yet MS or the race itself doesnt even rate a single mention.

oldhendo likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Just watched the replays at GP 

A great win by Magnificent Storm - very slick mile rate 1.53

If you were the connections of MS - the 1st 400 metres - the race couldnt have panned out any better - the no 1 kept kicking up kicking up - and that turned out to be good driving by the no 1 - because she followed the right horse and ran 3rd - probably get 10k for that

Im not one to get carried away though - the 2nd horse Minstrel was also a mighty run - sat in the breeze beaten 13 metres and  carried a flat tyre as well 

Looking at the abbreviated stewards report - Ryan Warwick fined $400 careless driving - contacted sulky broke - that to me is a bit of a knock on him as a driver - it just seems to happen to him more than  some other drivers who also have alot of drives etc
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Challenge accepted ????. Started my article last night boys. Gonna need some help I think though. 1 week to write. Wanna know the topic or do you want a surprise.

KTQ said:

Ummm KTQ The West or at least its Sports Editor has made it plainly obvious he/she has absolutely no interest in the Trots. 
    I could have written a Walkley Award winning article previewing the GROUP 1 4yo Classic at GP tonight and it would still have not seen the light of day in that fish and chip wrapper of a paper!
    If you could not find even a small space to preview the Classic which had an outstanding equine going for his 12th straight win in a Group 1 then you really have to wonder?
    Could you imagine if there was a WA galloper going for 12 straight wins leading up to a Group 1 race? 
    There would be a 12 page wrap around....and yet MS or the race itself doesnt even rate a single mention.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Markovina said:

div>

Looking at the abbreviated stewards report - Ryan Warwick fined $400 careless driving - contacted sulky broke - that to me is a bit of a knock on him as a driver - it just seems to happen to him more than  some other drivers who also have alot of drives etc

Thought group races carried higher penalties
    Good close up shot of Minstrel running along after the replay.
    Couldn’t see any flat tyre.
  • PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    KTQ Where did the love go? ( Trots that is ! ) probably the most discriminated of all the sports