G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 4 Non Members
R1- TALLINN went well enough fresh to be given another chance in another weak Saturday. Was dictated outwards to the worst part of the track in a slowly run race last start and finished off well enough considering. Pateman seemed keen to try and find the front last start from a low draw so expect he will try to be forward again from the wide gate which looks like being a very good spot early in the day.

R2- TALKABOUTYOU was a late scratching after breaking loose last start but looked hard to beat there and meets a similar field. Bolted a fair portion of the track so should take something out of it fitness wise and his trials have been really good including a soft win at his most recent. Draws outside of AMELIA’S CHANT again but she was a disappointing last start with excuses. Thinking he can sit outside if need be and still be too good.

R3- ALL DAY SESSION has been struggling to find a spot in his last couple but has been racing well. Began uncharacteristically slow last start and settled back in a high rating race. Had been jumping well prior to that and if he can do that here should be able to find a spot in the first four. From a spot like that any of his last three runs would see him thereabouts in this field.

R4- LAST OF THE LINE looks incredibly hard to beat off the back of his easy win last start in a very similar field. Sat outside the leader, went straight past it when asked for an effort and lumbered to the line to win soft. Drawn low he can again sit anywhere in the first four but if the leaders are winning early Hill likely will put him there despite believing him to be better with a sit. Is still improving and should continue through the grades here.

R5- RECAPITULATE can mix his form big time but his best is always very hard to beat. Won with a leg in the air three back against 70+ opposition in Albany before never firing a shot at his next start. Last start ran along in Esperance 68+ grade and fought on strongly late to win. Gets a chance for a soft lead here if he can jump cleanly and gets in really well with 57kg after the claim.

R6- MOOD SWINGS worked to get outside the lead last start before being run off the track in the straight. Draws to sit just off the speed here behind EXCELLENT DREAM to take advantage of that gallopers waywardness. His first up run in this grade was good enough for a race like this when being ridden more conservatively early and gets regular jockey Jordan Turner back on board.

R7- CAROCAPO has handled the step into listed grade well having placed at his last two over the shorter trips. Gets out to his right trip now and draws further out which looks a positive. Didn’t seem to appreciate racing on the fence last start and copped a few bumps trying to get into clear air. They went quick and he did a big job to hold onto second under the circumstances. Should be able to sit in the breeze here which looks ideal as does what looks like being a slower tempo.

R8- Best Bet: TIME TO SIZZLE won nicely enough first up in what was arguably a stronger field. Jumped ran and although looking to paddle late always seems to have enough in hand over the short course. Again will look to jump and run and even with plenty of other speed horses in the field she should still find the front comfortably. Will be a few lengths in front and her market rivals at the top of straight and won’t have any obstacles in her way either.
+1 -1

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    Few roughies in there
    R1-1&3 ew
    R2-1 ew
    R3-9ew
    R4-6 w 1 run a cracker at odds
    R5-3 ew
    R6-3&6 ew
    R7-1w 3p
    R8-2 w 14p
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited January 2021
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i reckon i've got a couple of ruffies, i'll study further and let you all know...if i have any mates left..
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Guns of Navarone being kept very safe in the market. I was hoping for 50s...$17 currently. I'll wait for a drift but C Parnham might have something to do with the price

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Kennedy
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2021
    R5 Beat The Bell to win. Danger is Classy Macro and I notice an early move $23 to $6.
    R8 Santiago Gal each way special at long odds
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    What About Moi,mightn’t be a bad type .
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited January 2021
    Yeah I'm with you Slip.
    Santiago Gal in the last. 4 of her 6 wins are at Ascot over this trip, goes well fresh and Kristy is riding well enough. Barrier 9 sucks, but will be up there for sure.

Samizdat is cherry ripe to take out race 7. Again, the barrier is a dog. I'm throwing the 12 in my quartet, TT has never ridden the mare, she's drawn a gate and she's better than what she's recently shown. Carocapo is very hard to beat. Box 1, 3, 5, 6, 9 & 12.

Sticking with Excellent Dream in race 6.

Always on the lookout for some value, I took the 25/1 about Starfield Impact in race 3, will be fitter for the last start run, loves the 1100m and has some talent IMO.

Happy Punting trendsetters.

Day 352 alcohol free and boy oh boy, any fitter and I'd be dangerous!

:-S

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    :)) wrong emoji.... was next one
    B-)
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    thefalcon said:

i reckon i've got a couple of ruffies, i'll study further and let you all know...if i have any mates left..

Bugger them falc just email them to me where they will be appreciated and won’t go unnoticed :)>-
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited January 2021
    Sticking with the kickoff with a winner in the maiden theme, today i reckon Molly Magee can win up in trip hopefully the gear change will make her race more professionally.Unsure why Ponty isn't on but think maybe the trainer is fairly loyal to Fish(who i concede isn't one of my fav steerers).
    BIG watch R3 with In The Boat for Harvey/Smith has scratched or not accepted from two easier races so it is either a throw at the stumps or this Nostradamus 3yo is training the house down i'll be punting it's the latter, while the sticky gate is of some concern Pont may not lead if they zoom early.

R6 I liked Downforce's turn of foot in his last win he can definitely repeat today, actually could be a pair closer in running with luck but am trusting Chris Parnham will make the right decisions early i.e going back won't be the end of the world vs getting posted.

Good Luck taxdodgers(another Rodney Rude reference for fans..)
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Cmon Falc you have had time to study. Spill the beans need a descent priced winner

bookielover likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Surprised no one has tipped Sichern in the first, thought his first race was sensational.  If he can settle mid field don’t see why it doesn’t finish over the top of them
    Blackbookers
    Sichern
    In the Boat
    Amelia's Contraire

Roughies
    Double the Pro
    Guns of Navarone
    spinking said:

Cmon Falc you have had time to study. Spill the beans need a descent priced winner

must still be on the crapper studying Spink..  :D
    edited January 2021
    underwhelming that race and some runners...What About Moi form quickly unfranked.
    Well Sichern can eat a bag of dicks after that

Thunderstruck, Chris, detonator likes this post.

ok spinking my 2 for today are r5 rocky path and r8 nobelium...

i'm going to back essential spice and have a few cents e/w on start glitter, i know he's as old as Gods dog but could pop up..
    that'll do me...
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Yeah, a couple of shillings for me on Star Glitter.

paraletic, thefalcon likes this post.

Smart move sticking with the Pontiff @Skids, in full cry there the great man.

Wow did Downforce motor late after being under the pump most of the trip! 

SKIDS likes this post.

i'm heading for some soup kitchen...or maybe buy some black and gold sardines... :(

H-BOMBER, spinking likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Hi Falc, Black and Gold also was a beer in N.S.W. You need that more than sardines.. 

• thefalcon said:

i'm heading for some soup kitchen...or maybe buy some black and gold sardines... :(

For the long term PTT’ers this reminds me of our old mate Punting Patto and his “Dartboard of Glory”

Drippin sandwich for me Falc. Black gold sardines a luxury after today
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    SKIDS said:

Yeah I'm with you Slip.
    Santiago Gal in the last. 4 of her 6 wins are at Ascot over this trip, goes well fresh and Kristy is riding well enough. Barrier 9 sucks, but will be up there for sure.

Samizdat is cherry ripe to take out race 7. Again, the barrier is a dog. I'm throwing the 12 in my quartet, TT has never ridden the mare, she's drawn a gate and she's better than what she's recently shown. Carocapo is very hard to beat. Box 1, 3, 5, 6, 9 & 12.

Sticking with Excellent Dream in race 6.

Always on the lookout for some value, I took the 25/1 about Starfield Impact in race 3, will be fitter for the last start run, loves the 1100m and has some talent IMO.

Happy Punting trendsetters.

Day 352 alcohol free and boy oh boy, any fitter and I'd be dangerous!

:-S

Good work there Skids.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2021
    thefalcon said:

so much for posting those tips Falcon. 

It is beyond me how you forumites liked this post .. 8 of you twats 8-} 8-} 8-}.. Yet I can tip you all a $61 winner on here with hardly a hint of positive feedback. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!   

Further to that I have witnessed forumites raving about others tipping $4 and $5 winners.

Might be time to give it away.   :-B

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

thefalcon said:

It is beyond me how you forumites liked this post .. 8 of you twats 8-} 8-} 8-}.. Yet I can tip you all a $61 winner on here with hardly a hint of positive feedback. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!   

Further to that I have witnessed forumites raving about others tipping $4 and $5 winners.

This forum needs characters like you Slip. Don't go anywhere. Be fair to say PTT is not whay it used to be so to lose you would be a big blow

Toughen up Slip. Feeling a bit unloved are you mate. Why wouldn't you like a post about a bloke that reckons he's got a couple roughies. Did you notice how many twats liked his posts with the tips?

thefalcon said:

I still love ya slippy

:)) funny asf!