G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

Pinjarra Magic Millions

West Australian Racing
Crowdless I hear if we bat out a COVID draw?

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Who is telling you that.
    Can`t be the govt because Mcgoo has no interest in sport and their only "go to" option is to shut everything down.
    Bunbury races on Sunday as a classic example. Shut down at 3.00pm yet everywhere was still operational until 6.00pm.

Sorry for being negative but this stay at home lockdown watching these idiots spin the the spin is getting to me.

@-)

paraletic, hash, thefalcon likes this post.

RIO dislikes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    14 days required with no community transmission means that if there are 0 by end of week, there will be a "soft opening", eg schools next week with people able to go to work, mask on, distancing etc etc. I'd be surprised if more than owners could go Saturday. Just my take

RIO likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Heard from good source, happy to be wrong
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    detonator said:

Who is telling you that.

Can`t be the govt because Mcgoo has no interest in sport and their only "go to" option is to shut everything down.
    Bunbury races on Sunday as a classic example. Shut down at 3.00pm yet everywhere was still operational until 6.00pm.

Sorry for being negative but this stay at home lockdown watching these idiots spin the the spin is getting to me.

@-)
    The decision to shut down Bunbury at 3pm was made by RWWA not by the government.

RIO likes this post.

tony said:

detonator said:

Who is telling you that.

@-)
    The decision to shut down Bunbury at 3pm was made by RWWA not by the government.
    After receiving advice from the govt ? 

RIO dislikes this post.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    I believe it was in the best interest due to the travel requirements for people to
    Return home before 6pm... but agree would of rather finished the meeting off

RIO, savethegame, Notapuntas likes this post.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    Also just my 2 cents .. j brown to ride both magic millions winners
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited February 2021
    Seems the club has pulled the pin on pre sold areas, marquees and fashion on the field.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

tony said:

detonator said:

Who is telling you that.

@-)

Seriously how the f..k would have all those involved be guaranteed of getting back home by lock-down if it went on. Serious case of "poor me" by some of you self centered muppets.

No single person is that important. No single activity is that important, that we knowingly put others at risk... Its really simple
    RIO said:

detonator said:

tony said:

detonator said:

Who is telling you that.

@-)

Seriously how the f..k would have all those involved be guaranteed of getting back home by lock-down if it went on. Serious case of "poor me" by some of you self centered muppets.

No single person is that important. No single activity is that important, that we knowingly put others at risk... Its really simple
    Are you one of those that as soon as a carton of milk hits the "use by date" by one minute and then refuses to drink it ?
    People were still getting off the beach at 6.00pm on Sunday.
    How many fines were handed out at 8.00pm because people weren`t at home? Zero I would suspect.
    I very much doubt if you were towing a float at 6.30pm heading home from Bunbury you would have got a fine or put people lives at risk by being on the road at that time compared to being on the road at 5.30 pm.

SKIDS likes this post.

I love out of date milk, has that cheesy tinge to it ;))

Easily good for at least 4 days, unless it's a small independent, then it's max 1 day :D

RIO likes this post.

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited February 2021
    Some brands are better to go over date i think Brownes may be one? And the "long life" milk lasts longer i've noticed too..but here's what i hate as a milk first then hot water instant coffee guy, when that milk is on the edge the curdle as soon as you pour the boiled water in.."i phukn hate that yeah" another Rodney Rude reference there fyi.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Deto...State of Emergency. So you want as many people as possible to abide by the interim rules. As a government body you dont want to the ones that are adding to the confusion..

As stated it is a few horse races, compared to the continuation of potentially exposing people to an insidious virus.

As for Best Before labels...I treat Best Before labels exactly as they should be treated. I dont think they are part of a State of Emergency warning!?!!? But of course they could be

Didn’t someone post on PTT that when the races were called off halfway thru the card on Sunday in Bunbury because of safety precautions, a lot of people went across the road to the local pub and were shoulder to shoulder. Where were the rules then ?? 
    Just thought they didn’t need to pull the plug on a race meeting halfway thru the card when the rest of W.A could do what they wanted at the same time.

hash likes this post.

yep @Bull posted that information.
    Early winner for saturday could be the toppie from gate 11, saver on the 9 It's Tiff's who has gate 12 she improved out of sight from an inside draw last start, if she replicates that run can win from a much more favoured draw at $13+ presently.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Deto...RWWA is part of a Government Department....The pub across the road was doing exactly what it was allowed to do...The difference is VERY considerable
    ^^^^Sorry but that doesn’t make sense.
    Why was one “allowed” to do one thing and the other not “allowed” ?
    I suppose it is like the security guard. Allowed to not wear his mask around Covid people and 2 million of us not allowed to not wear our mask out the front of our houses.
    Govt making policy on the run.

JimmyPop, hash likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    detonator said:

I suppose it is like the security guard. Allowed to not wear his mask around Covid people and 2 million of us not allowed to not wear our mask out the front of our house
    How about Dandy Andy in Victoria? One minute no normal pleb is allowed to play golf and next minute... Tennis for local and international wealthy pro players plus their coaches and hangers on. Not a problem.

bookielover, RIO likes this post.

Like Dani Bella each way and Beautiful Mind also each way. The latter was impossible to miss last strarts run.
    edited February 2021
    At the risk of a Jonah the Pontiff could have a big day.
    I don't know how they beat Gemma's Son at level weights and with Paul back on..was a tricky ride for Madi but he ran on well, see how those two who finished in front of him fair in the 2yo race.
    Can't work out why Island Charm is over 2 points longer than Iseered in that race either.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts

detonator said:

I suppose it is like the security guard. Allowed to not wear his mask around Covid people and 2 million of us not allowed to not wear our mask out the front of our house
    How about Dandy Andy in Victoria? One minute no normal pleb is allowed to play golf and next minute... Tennis for local and international wealthy pro players plus their coaches and hangers on. Not a problem.

you need to check your watch, it is running very very very very slowly.
    probably on a par with your brain.

have been able to play golf for ages.
    i don't think the tennis should have been allowed, but they were not given a free rein and had strict conditions placed on them.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Hope train hurries up and posts his Saturday magic millions preview .

jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    Slippergolden, didn't you know that Carey has been "able to play golf for ages"? 

He was probably breaking the law when, during our 112 day lockdown, playing golf was banned.

Either that, or he knew exactly what you were referring to, and being as intellectually dishonest as he always is, decided to take his usual cheap shot.
    edited February 2021
    i guess it could be taken that way, but i do NOT play golf, full stop, but it has been allowed for ages.
    thus your following assumptions are just more of what is your norm..........talking nonsense.

now you seem to know it was 112 days(surprised you could count that far at your age), so now why don't you take a stab, and tell us how many minutes it was, between NOT being allowed to play golf, and the tennis players arriving here

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Keep on Pinjarra gents, we care not for your golf war (get it?)

spinking, Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh, hash likes this post.

and i should also say that it is very funny calling me 'intellectually dishonest'.
    god, you crack me up.
    you would have put benny hill to shame.

this from the guy that has a go at me for castigating a 'gay man' that i never even referenced.
    when you want to attack me, at least get your story right.
    once upon a time, i simply thought, you liked WRITING!! 
    but now you are showing that you have more strings to your bow.
    not only do you like writing, but you like making crap up too.

Chris said:

Keep on Pinjarra gents, we care not for your golf war (get it?)

fair enough too, why don't you put them on the lockdown thread, or alternatively, tell the instigators......NO POLITICS
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Hence my post about train posting his Pinni preview . Why dony BL and Carey start their own post about covid, Victotian politicians, and their media. Or take it bake to the lockdown post . Dont think many members on a WA racing forum  give two hoots about it. Well said Chris

RIO likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    edited February 2021
    What a totally unconscionable disingenuous imbecile you are Carey.

You clearly state in a post,  that (you) "have been able to play golf for ages".

This turned out to be a LIE, as you now admit that you "do NOT play golf full stop"

The fact is, that since the end of the 112 day lockdown, golf has been permitted, as has fishing which was also banned 

This was never the point of Slippergolden's post, and you knew it. Hence your intellectual dishonesty and your lie.

As for me saying that you castigated a gay man, I, unlike the intellectually dishonest, and now proven by your own words, liar that YOU are, apologised publicly in a post for getting it wrong.

At least I can say that my parents brought me up with a sense of morals and ethics and the capacity to publicly apologise when I say, or do, or write things  which are in error.

You, on the other hand, were unfortunately brought you up to accompany each post with demeaning, rude, disrespectful and insulting comments, aimed squarely at those whom you hate, and disagree with.

You really are a morally bankrupt individual,and I won't be engaging with you any further. 

Oh, and thank you for the Benny Hill reference. He is recognised by all  comedians and those in the entertainment industry as a comedic genius. I accept your reference as a great compliment.

See, even you can be nice if you try hard enough.