G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Blue Diamond 20th Feb. 2021

East Coast Racing
Thoughts??

Noticed Jum has posted a BB entry for Enthaar assume he may be sticking up for her?.
Not entirely useful information because i dont recall who the bloody trainer was but there was a query put forward about her getting a strong 1200m? Idk but he suggested the gear she wears is of interest especially wearing same in that 1000m race which she won very well.Maher didnt sound super convinced as i recall either..but i guess most aren't super bullish in what is usually a high pressure race for these babies.

Not a huge knock but at 2.25 currently and second up into the big one having never gone beyond 1000m i'm quite wary, plus getting burnt by Hanseatic last year who looked a better thing imo has me fairly convinced to look elsewhere.
I have my eye on General Beau, liked his win back to the inside in the BD preview he was strong late on maybe inferior ground that day and i will be watching closely how he fairs in the Prelude up to 1100.He is not nommed but they will do so if he wins i'm sure, dont know whether i will have an all in spec at the $10 on offer now or not but his quote maybe halves if he wins..

Profiteer is a watch too but they have gone to Sydneyso are they chasing the big bucks, a wet track(or both)then coming back to Melbourne for the Diamond or what? idk really but he would be the other favourable chance if he won up there and came back for the race.

Comments

• jumjum    3,512 posts

I have my eye on General Beau, liked his win back to the inside in the BD preview he was strong late on maybe inferior ground that day and i will be watching closely how he fairs in the Prelude up to 1100.He is not nommed but they will do so if he wins i'm sure, dont know whether i will have an all in spec at the $10 on offer now or not but his quote maybe halves if he wins..

I like one in this race with a bit of confidence too Thunder.
    MARINE ONE.
    Watch the replay against General Beau last start beaten 1.5 lengths. Was wide straightening, then hit the line really well out wide. extra trip will suit too. $26 and $5.50 
    My best eachway bet tomorrow 

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yes i recall him finishing off well that run was good an the odds appeal, it could be a fairly open race some are stumping up for Jigsaw, Animoe and Extreme Warrior too..but i just think GB is a bit of a bull of a colt in presence and up for the fight when it gets tough.
    However i could well be wrong and may have to go back to the drawing board after Saturday lol

jum likes this post.

"Bolted in" the General :D phew! They smashed the clock too no filly from the other race is a hope, in 2 weeks and ridden a pair or two off the likely hot pace in the big one he is a genuine chance.
    I took the 10's all in betting.
    [-O<
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Great bunch this year

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited February 2021
    Agreed Chris, a few good boys taking on the star filly(dont think the fillies winner today can match them on times)it will be an even better contest IF Profiteer 1.wins today in Sydney and 2.comes down for the race.

Bit biased but i think the General can "monster" Enthaar the last 150(as long as JK takes a sit ffs)
    General needs to front up first
    he should be there, they can just pay the late entry fee out of the 120k they won today.
    Profiteer ...WOW he smashed them he is certainly right in it if they want to travel south again.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Mick Price said no after the race, Setting for Slipper.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

yeh fair enough i guess too much travel AND roughly twice the prizemoney there, seriously killed them today.

oldhendo likes this post.

edited February 2021
    General Beau accepts, Profiteer likely to be out.Couple of corporates have GB at $12 all in with Profiteer not in their market and he is $9 elsewhere with Profiteer in? can't work that out thought the ones at $9 would come in a bit if Profiteer doesn't accept?

Anyway i **** my Neds account off but Ladbrokes have the same price so i've bet again, @3.75 the drum if he places i win and significantly more winnings go in the kick if he salutes.

Final field determined tomorrow and the barrier draw takes place also.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^ 8-X
    edited February 2021
    Get on the General El Falc, star jockey on in the form she is in a Blue Diamond is almost "in the cards" drew gate 3 as well, JK can can stalk the speed this time and hopefully go BANG late..is STILL $11 
    :))
    Not a big disadvantage at Caulfield but the fav Enthaar drew 14, may have to burn a bit to cross Dosh(8) or breeze it.
    actually $8 on Sportsbet sorry.Tabtouch havent put the final field market up as yet.I would have estimated he is a 6 or 7 dollar chance so that's fair to a little bit of gravy.
    Enthaaar is $2.30, The Cummings pair Anamoe and Ingratiating are $9.50 equal 3rd in the betting.
  • I think it’s a lay at the price Thunder
    The General @ $7.50? Why so? Already has firmed 2 points.

• Tbh that means nothing mate. I don’t think it runs a drum but that’s just off my numbers. Not being a killjoy. We all rate things differently
    Fair enough whose your top three then? 

I've been wrong plenty of times before but i'm a query on the fav at 1200, Dosh could well and truly give her the schitts but short priced fillies historically do go well.

My top 3 or 4 :
    General Beau
    Enthaar(prob will have a saver want 2.50+ though)
    Ingratiating, blinkers going on were a big plus he can make up ground on the filly imo.
    Anamoe

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited February 2021
    I don’t have a top 3 Thunder. It’s a good race to play in so I’ll be backing 5 or 6 horses at value
    Tipping an upset of sorts too then? Good luck.
    Ingratiating is the knockout i reckon...
  • I think the favs are unders so the spread is there to profit off the race. I’ll be having something small on it, but if you like Integrating then you need to be having something on Finance tycoon at double the price. Not saying it wins but it’s a better play if you like integrating
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

I don’t have a top 3 Thunder. It’s a good race to play in so I’ll be backing 5 or 6 horses at value

Is Marine One, one of them NSS.
    Im a massive Enthaar fan. but i think Marine Ones runs have been super coming wide last two runs and running on OK.
  • No it’s not one I’ll be backing Jum
    Lameness cloud over Enthaar

One over @Nevershowsurprise usually too
  • Doubt it will start.

You still drunk @Chris?
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Enthaar passed fit this morning

Manchild likes this post.

F Me she just loves going back to the inside on it :-q X(

Luke Currie was the profiled in form jock on 3 wide no cover the other day going at 40% or 6/15.