G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Golden Nugget & Dainty’s Daughter Classic - change the date by 3 days.

Harness & Greyhounds
Why not have this on Monday 15th Feb when we can have a crowd. 

With no one there on Friday 12th it won’t be as exciting.

Just a thought.

Comments

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited February 2021
    What about moving them to Friday 19th Feb?
  • licklick    305 posts
    Be three weeks between runs - not ideal - but yes worth thought.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    What about having some heats on Feb 12 with the finals on Feb 19th? God forbid, we cannot possibly try a proven formula from the past can we?

Also, on the shift of Bridgetown to Bunbury on Sunday. Finding the logic of stating heavy rain as the reason for the move a bit hard to accept:

From the BoM website forecast for Sunday:

Bridgetown 15 - 30 mm rain, winds to 55 km/hr
    Bunbury   15 - 30 mm, winds up to 90 km/hr

All a bit academic I think as unlikely to proceed.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJay said:

What about having some heats on Feb 12 with the finals on Feb 19th? God forbid, we cannot possibly try a proven formula from the past can we?

Also, on the shift of Bridgetown to Bunbury on Sunday. Finding the logic of stating heavy rain as the reason for the move a bit hard to accept:

From the BoM website forecast for Sunday:

Bridgetown 15 - 30 mm rain, winds to 55 km/hr
    Bunbury   15 - 30 mm, winds up to 90 km/hr

All a bit academic I think as unlikely to proceed.

Bridgetown can’t handle rain...at all.

It was a good decision to give the industry the best chance of racing.

Royboy, Rocket_Reign likes this post.

JayJay dislikes this post.

• YilgarnaYilgarna    32 posts
    JayJay said: What about having some heats on Feb 12 with the finals on Feb 19th? God forbid, we cannot possibly try a proven formula from the past can we?

Did you catch the heat racing at Melton last night JayJay? They ran the trotters heats and final on the same night! They stepped out in races 3 and 4 for the heats and then the $300K Great Southern Star final was race 9. Tornado Valley wins his heat in 1.53.1 and the final, two and half hours later, in 1.57.1. These runs are first-up off a four month spell. Incredible. 

Standardbreds are the most amazingly durable and toughest horses. 
  • licklick    305 posts
    What about having this meeting Sunday 14th Feb- lockdown finishes at 12.01am. 

Actually, it should end 59.999999999999999999999 seconds earlier than that.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts

Daintys Daughter is on 19th
    edited February 2021
    Well it looks like GPHR & RWWA Harness are pushing ahead with the Golden Nugget this Friday the 12th Feb despite Perth/Peel regions being under Covid restrictions of a maximum of 150 people only being allowed at venues until 12.01am on Sunday 14th Feb.

Pretty disappointing the club didnt think to move our time honoured Group 1 4yo race to a date where crowds could attend (eg 2 days later or the next Friday the 19th) and watch our budding superstar Magnificent Storm plus other top local 4yo's Patronus Star, Al Guerrero, Minstrel et al.

Hopefully Sky Racing give the race the coverage and prestige it deserves?!

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    151 posts

Well it looks like GPHR & RWWA Harness are pushing ahead with the Golden Nugget this Friday the 12th Feb despite Perth/Peel regions being under Covid restrictions of a maximum of 150 people only being allowed at venues until 12.01am on Sunday 14th Feb.

Pretty disappointing the club didnt think to move our time honoured Group 1 4yo race to a date where crowds could attend (eg 2 days later or the next Friday the 19th) and watch our budding superstar Magnificent Storm plus other top local 4yo's Patronus Star, Al Guerrero, Minstrel et al.

Hopefully Sky Racing give the race the coverage and prestige it deserves?!

I'll be honest as much as it's a bummer to be running the nugget with no crowd, and having a group of owners sitting at home watching their horse go around on t.v. rather than be there to watch him in the flesh, from a trainers perspective I'd much rather run it Friday rather than put it back a week or so unfortunately this is the world we live in at the moment and at least we are still able to continue racing
    Fair enough Chopchop, I can understand you would have your horse set, prepared and ready for that date.
    Good luck, it should be a ripper race.

Chopchop43 likes this post.

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    151 posts

Fair enough Chopchop, I can understand you would have your horse set, prepared and ready for that date.

Good luck, it should be a ripper race.

it was hard having to explain to one of my owners who at the age of 77 will probably never have a horse like al guerrero again that not only did he have to miss seeing the horse race in the derby but now he is going to have to miss the nugget too but he was just over the moon to have a horse in it full stop, weird times we live in

VillageKid likes this post.

• licklick    305 posts
    They ran the Interdominion Grand Final at GP a few years ago on a Sunday afternoon, so this Sunday would/should be okay.

Just saying.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    The Golden Nugget i think it is a 2 horse race - but i will come to that in a minute 

All in Market ( so if their scratched you do you doe ) on TAB.COM

MS $1.40
     Minstrel $6
    PS     $7
    HH    $12
    Mirragon  $12 ( interesting runner - ex Emma Stewart horse )

Longreach Bay $26

Silent Major $26

Everything else upwards of $51 with El Guerro at $61

Ive had something on Minstrel e/w - taken by its run in that Sims Steel 4 yrold  classic - the horse reminds me a little bit of Vanderport . 

I liked how Minstrel kept finding the line - last 50-60 metres  it was still coming - i hope Brown keeps the drive - thats just my personal opinion
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    edited February 2021
    Barrier Draw:

POWER AND GRACE 1
    MIRRAGON 2
    SEE YA WRITE 3
    HOWARD HUGHES 4
    AL GUERRERO 5
    PATRONUS STAR 6
    TERROR IN TEXAS 7
    MINSTREL 8
    MAGNIFICENT STORM 9
    COPY N PACE 10
    LONGREACH BAY 11
    SILENT MAJOR 12
    TYPHOON BANNER (E1)
    EUPHORIA (E2)

My early thoughts to 120%.

POWER AND GRACE 1 $51
    MIRRAGON 2 $6
    SEE YA WRITE 3 $51
    HOWARD HUGHES 4 $8
    AL GUERRERO 5 $51
    PATRONUS STAR 6 $8
    TERROR IN TEXAS 7 $81
    MINSTREL 8 $6
    MAGNIFICENT STORM 9 $2
    COPY N PACE 10 $31
    LONGREACH BAY 11 $101
    SILENT MAJOR 12 $101
    TYPHOON BANNER (E1)
    EUPHORIA (E2)

Magnificent Storm has to contend with four Bond runners drawn to his inside. Swap barriers 1 and 9 and no contest.

VillageKid, Markovina likes this post.

My early thoughts to 120%.

POWER AND GRACE 1 $51
    MIRRAGON 2 $6
    SEE YA WRITE 3 $51
    HOWARD HUGHES 4 $8
    AL GUERRERO 5 $51
    PATRONUS STAR 6 $8
    TERROR IN TEXAS 7 $81
    MINSTREL 8 $6
    MAGNIFICENT STORM 9 $2
    COPY N PACE 10 $31
    LONGREACH BAY 11 $101
    SILENT MAJOR 12 $101
    TYPHOON BANNER (E1)
    EUPHORIA (E2)

Magnificent Storm has to contend with four Bond runners drawn to his inside. Swap barriers 1 and 9 and no contest.
    The club got the right draw - to make an exciting race - best 2 horses for mine - drew the worst 2  gates in 8 and 9 - another thing which spices things up - its 2500 metre start - where horses drawn wide can have a shot for the lead - so do the 8 and 9 do that at the start - and risk getting caught wide and burning petrol tickets - if they dont get the lead 

Now it has drawn gate 2 - Miiragon  is the big watch - when it was over east - Jason Boddington - the Melton form analyst labelled it the Allan Jackovich of pacing - because on its night it could be brilliant - or blooody ordinary 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

First markets up: NSW TAB Sportsbet

POWER AND GRACE 1 $34 26
    MIRRAGON 2 $5.5 5
    SEE YA WRITE 3 $26 51
    HOWARD HUGHES 4 $11 13
    AL GUERRERO 5 $51 101
    PATRONUS STAR 6 $8 7
    TERROR IN TEXAS 7 $151 151
    MINSTREL 8 $9 9
    MAGNIFICENT STORM 9 $2 2
    COPY N PACE 10 $41 41
    LONGREACH BAY 11 $51 151
    SILENT MAJOR 12 $14 9

Looks like I was very liberal with Silent Major.

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Tab Touch have hit a new low re fixed odds - actually rock bottom 

Friday night they have got the audacity to have fixed odds up already  for the illustrious Ararat  pacing cup - but are too pathetic to have a fixed odds market up for the big Golden Nugget 

The form is all out their - its not hard to frame a market - drive a bit of interest into the local product 

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Marko the same problem with the PACING CUP a member of the public had to alert them that the corporates had already started betting the previous afternoon.. You will have tell them its the states biggest 4 yearold race, any chance of a market. The Ararat Trotters cup is up also.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

Marko the same problem with the PACING CUP a member of the public had to alert them that the corporates had already started betting the previous afternoon.. You will have tell them its the states biggest 4 yearold race, any chance of a market. The Ararat Trotters cup is up also.

Twiddling the knobs like Googy Ravlich waiting for the ring to set
    Ring triple zero to run a check if the 500 on Rwwa 's payroll are they breathing---Surely someone is aware there pay packets are generated by the punters.

Slow to begin  again Tabtouch  away at -8..53.12sec. stewards have placed a warning.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Copy n Pace liberal odds of 41.
    No luck last two and has jogged to the line.
    Should get the run three back the pegs and if things don’t work out for the fav I reckon he will be the one to beat.
    This is  highly  anticipated /exciting race for a number of reasons 

The 2500 start ( unlike the 2100 met start which is a borefest with the 1 leading - and the rest grabbing hold ) gives all horses on the fron a chance t to burn to the lead 

So what happens at the all  important start - looked at a couple of Mirragon replays - its got gate speed (  led from 5 effortlessly ) however some of its shockers is when it led - 1700 metres- 1.56 which is slow - 1st beaten and runs 20- metre last - so even if it leads Frid night - it could lead all the way - or it could give up at the bell and run last - that is Mirragon 

Ive got no doubt - all Bond runners will come out - all guns ablazing at the start - and the no 8 horse will be driven like Vampiro - if one of the Bond runners find the lead ( thats a big if of course ) then ive got no doubt that the lead will be given to the 8 horse on a silver plate 

One spanner in the works is the 5 horse - now Kyle Harper is a brilliant driver - top notch - however a few times - he can get a bit of white line fever - when the lead is up for grabs . He has got a really awkward gate - what do the Kiwis call it - a sticky gate - he has got speed drawn inside him - and outside ( the no 8 ) - so does he come out hard - get the pegs and hand up - and thus a chance to run a place - or does he bail at the start 

Cortopassi will go back at the start - MS was super impressive in that Sims Steel classic - but everything went perfectly - it got the lead on its ear - however it might work in reverse this time - they go crazy up front - Aldo sits back - and then does a Manifold Bay in the last lap and just brains them 

It should  be a great race
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Would have thought the 1 will hold up and hand over to the best option, more than likely Patronus Star.
    3 runners from the same stable inside front six and the other 3 looking for cover, can’t see them tearing each other up.
    Unless Aldo goes forward the first 400 could turnout to be a bit of a bore to be honest, until the last 800 that is.
    Silent Major keeps firming.

JayJay dislikes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    $21 still the quote at Dreamland Central, much like the $51 quoted  on Matai Geordie Tuesday.it paid $1.04 fixed. If it does win, it will be breaking its city maiden status.

VillageKid, freodockers likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Would have thought the 1 will hold up and hand over to the best option, more than likely Patronus Star.
    3 runners from the same stable inside front six and the other 3 looking for cover, can’t see them tearing each other up.
    Unless Aldo goes forward the first 400 could turnout to be a bit of a bore to be honest, until the last 800 that is.

Going forward early would be a terrible decision from Aldo. Let them work it out early, then go or just hold depending on speed/landing positions.

As they say he can’t win it in the first lap but he could lose it.

freodockers, VillageKid, Offthebit likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

I thought it would need to find a hell of a lot of improvement on its first run here to be competitive, is drawn pretty well but it’s a no for me.

freodockers, Markovina likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

I thought it would need to find a hell of a lot of improvement on its first run here to be competitive, is drawn pretty well but it’s a no for me.
    Purely on its Pinjarra run that would be correct 

However if you look at its form card - its very good 

2 runs in particular - 1st at Terang 2180 m 1.57.3 - and 5th at Ballarat ( in good company ) in the breeze 2100m 1.54.8 - beaten 6 metres 

Those 2 runs - re the mile rates says the horse has got alot of ability