G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

• tony   7 seconds ago
1 Members & 15 Non Members
SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
edited February 2021 West Australian Racing
My Tinder date let me down  :)) :)) so I was able to have a look at tomorrow. Did this meeting replace Narrogin? I think it has.

R2 Indian smoke signals are in the air for Sioux City
R5 Light In The Black each way at odds
R7 Mirth'n'Music an each way special
R8 Alcina to win a very weak race. Shackleton specked at long odds despite woeful form. Drop in class perhaps?

Hang on a minute......... The Grindr date has made an appearance.   :)) :))
+1 -1

rooboy, Ridersonthestorm33, H-BOMBER likes this post.

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Left one out;

If rain affected track then R6 San Crispino is the best bet for the day
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    I’m assuming getting stood up on a tinder date at this point in time might be a good thing... she was obviously too good to hide her pretty face under a mask and wants her first impression to last with the blue faced comedian :))

Dodgey94, thefalcon, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• Dodgey94Dodgey94    125 posts
    Race 7 Patys forecast I never trial my horses have given this horse two trials and set her for this race horse has never been better been running in much harder grade to what she meets today ????
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Underwhelming card explained by being a Narrogin substituted meeting.Although maybe not easy to find there are winners to be had.

Even money for Type Won is a decent bet today should be the day but when if at all is the rain(apparently 20 to 40 mill expected there only 1.2 mill has dropped so far?)expected?

Anyway up to a point i'll back this fav in R1 and hopefully that will fund a bet on Northern Chill R2 Guarded could win but @2.45 fuggedaboutit!

If it gets too wet i'll abort i think.
    @Dodgey is Paty going To Mingenew next month? she goes ok that girl and should figure today depending on the track being not a slop by R7.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    If Ascot too underwhelming to bet on, there’s a very good Double Jackpot today and might be worth having a crack at, if refer to Tabtouch Jackpot page it’s on the Gawler Greyhounds Races 1 and 2 the Jackpot amount is $0.01. Good on you Tabcorp look after every penny, literally!

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

edited February 2021
    Just the one for me race 6 - You Am I wasn’t too bad a a few times lately, although some contrasting comments in relation to its last run.
    Tab Form guide - “Raced behind leaders and appeared to have every chance....”
    Stewards report - “Raced wide throughout”.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Yeh their a bit average and often miss the fact that the horse may have been wide the trip.One of the recurring one's that annoys me and it's just a general comment is the "poised to bounce" one..bounce off what the running rail :D it's poised to POUNCE ye dills.

thefalcon likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Having a spec on All on Black on Race 6 with the weather around. Step to 1800 from last start and gets 3.5kg off. $26
    edited February 2021
    Another one in race 6 Flying Target can recall 19 starts ago when Willy Pike aboard, best ride you’d ever see, got it into second placing at a healthy 25/1.

In 18 runs since been placed once!

edited February 2021
    Dodgey94 said:

Race 7 Patys forecast I never trial my horses have given this horse two trials and set her for this race horse has never been better been running in much harder grade to what she meets today ????

Gossage declared Paty's Forecast a certainty on 6PR this morning.

Bomber you're in form and it may continue today but I couldn't tip that jockey or trainer on principle.

Dodgey94, H-BOMBER likes this post.

Track and weather looked A ok for R1 at least, bit of a shame that leader hung on...
    Well and truly deteriorating now, cue in the rack for me i'm 1/1 at Singapore safer betting there vs these umm "gallopers" 
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    don't blame you thunder..i'm at a loss to recognise any of the acceptors....only the needy, greedy and can't hepl 'emselves today...

• Dodgey94Dodgey94    125 posts
    Yeah I know he likes it mate :)

She’s going to be really hard to beat first trial was easy let her have a good hit out the other day with the girl on she’s ready today
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited February 2021
    Why can they never, ever start on time?

Goodluck Simba.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

one last small spec on..Goodluck Simba  X_X

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

^^^ Is a DH  :\">
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Reckon Richie Bell was on the 2nd horse. Took the words out of my mouth. :-&
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Dodgey94 said:

Yeah I know he likes it mate :)

She’s going to be really hard to beat first trial was easy let her have a good hit out the other day with the girl on she’s ready today

Bad luck. Looked home  :(

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Alcina money hard to believe
    LUCKY!!!!! goes boom
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Had a mystery late quaddie for 20% and jagged it! It's probably the way to play these meets. Just lucky
    edited February 2021
    Three of my selections that I posted last night were very well backed. I have a following on this forum  :D They were too short for me to back bar Mirth. 

Thankfully Sioux victory was a result as well as Shackleton place and quinella.

edited February 2021
    You two did bloody well, not only selecting them but collecting on slik piks as well!
    Fair dinkum bomber that’s getting your bread buttered on both sides.

It’s funny when your lucks in can remember gaining a protest third against first and second and both being upheld, that was a decent collect.

Then there’s the other days ( these tend to outnumber the good luck days for some reason ) Hay street tab in the city when it was on the other side of the road, just a quick dash from work in i go and on i get, wins with the proverbial leg in the air, ( that’s unusual when I’m on ) so i punch air, normally hang around until correct weight, but no problems here, it bolted in, if don’t get back to work soon I’ll miss morning tea.

Roll on lunchtime to collect - hello the numbers are up wrong, what’s going on here, then heard the chilling words from the tab agent - “weighed in light.”

Lucks a fortune.

thefalcon likes this post.

I remember being on the winner at 60-1 and the 3rd horse as well. Protest 3rd v 1st upheld  ~X(

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited February 2021
    ^^Haha that’s the best!
    I’d say I’m about 50/50 on protests over the years, recently lost one, but had them go my way too.

Remember being on a horse called Paint ( was a very good two year old ) later in his career, was last race of the day at Moonee Valley on Cox Plate day think it might have been the year Damien Oliver won on Dane Ripper at long odds, anyway Paint ran off the track for 200 metres goes down narrowly, protest goes for 40 mins - dismissed!

You just never know how they’ll roll sometimes, got a good result on a Sydney Cup about 10 - 15 years ago on a minor protest being upheld, ring a ding ding Pumper’s the King Jim Cassidy protested and got it!!
    edited February 2021
    Photo finishes of a nose - reckon am only 40/60 on them at best. Not the luckiest in photos.

Weighed in light and disqualified that was the only time, has never affected my result either way again. Must be a great surprise if you’re on the second horse.
    edited February 2021
    Best bit of luck I ever had was at Esperance a few years back. I thought I'd been knocked out of the quaddy yet at the end of the day my corporate bookie balance had swollen by about 14k. I thought it was a mistake until I found out that the leg I got beaten in had been declared a no race because the barriers were too slow moving off the track!
     p.s just found this old post from 2016
    RodentRodent 5,765 posts
    February 2016
    Well today was the luckiest I've ever been in 40 years of punting. I left Fresco Friar out of my quaddy but got the other 3 legs. I didn't even know the 7th had been abandoned until after the last. Talk about a nice bonus. That makes up for the hard luck stories over the years!
    Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Ridersonthestorm33, thefalcon likes this post.

edited February 2021
    Haha yep i like those punting anecdotes, I’ve read a lot about the nose finish between Dunaden and Red Cadeaux and the individual bets worth hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the result.

That photo finish one of the best ever, even better than Might And Power v Doriemus and Viewed v Bauer.

What I don’t like about the above post is that I’m now 4 years older!