G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 8 Non Members

All Star Mile 13 March 2021.

East Coast Racing
Fair bit of water to pass under the bridge with the race 5 weeks away but i think the concept is a beauty and probably better or at least as good as the Everest albeit for far less prizemoney.My knock if any is the venue this year being Moonee Valley but as it's mainly high quality gallopers that will compete the cream should rise to the top.

I reckon i saw the winner of the race too yesterday at Caulfield her name is Probabeel.
Raced wide the trip first up with 60 yet still had a terrific turn of foot and won very soft showing she is well and truly back, is last years Epsom winner who handles all conditions and has run really well before at the Valley in a Cox Plate.Melody Belle isn't coming so she WILL get a spot and probably would have anyway so there are no worries there.
Arcadia Queen looks the main danger also having had a sighter at the track and we know how strong she is, personally am not a massive fan of Russian Camelot at 1600 in top company.
So that's my early take on the race..pretty bullish too all things being equal.
+1 -1

thefalcon, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Going to be a good race this year - you've got 3 locks in the above
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Should be the best one so far maybe quality wise, I dont know if Verry Elleegant will run be great if she was there too.Sir Dragongutz might be doubtful now.

I voted for Arcadia Queen a couple of weeks ago.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    I voted for Russian Camelot, you’d be touched to win that competition. If can’t travel there, just post the cheque!
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I chose Arcadia Queen
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    I can’t go past Probabeel at this stage as well, great horse at the distance, is there and clearly on her game.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ya gotta be in it to win it, riders.... L-)

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited February 2021
    Forgot Behemoth the big fella how rude of me he is at the top of popularity too.

Public voted top 10 as of today:

1.Behemoth
    2.Arcadia Queen
    3.Verry Elleegant
    4.Greysful Glamour(race leader almost certainly)
    5.The Harrovian(on pacer too)
    6.Probabeel
    7.Russian Camelot
    8.Sir Dragonet
    9.Still A Star(Tasmanian up and comer)
    10.Mr Quickie

Ole Kirk and Crosshaven are two notable 3 y.o's in 12th &13th positions but will need a wild card as their way off the pace.

The 5 additional wild cards are to be decided by Racing Victoria i think.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited February 2021
    If there is rain on the day Verry Eleegant would be in my tri.
    Big fan of Probabeel.
    Wouldn’t rule out Sir Dragonet with the sting out of the ground. Bossy only gets interested when it’s the main race on the card and it’s worth over 2 mill.

• Monitor3Monitor3    7 posts
    Hi guys, when trying to vote for the all star mile, it’s telling me I am not entering a valid birth date and I have tried several different ways of entering it   Anyone else have that drama

Gilgamesh likes this post.

All good I can’t read properly

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Welcome.. who did you vote for?
    arcadia queen which is very un original!! She is currently 2nd with 12500 votes

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

They were asking for year of birth, not date of birth which was my previous challange
    Think i recall that, year vs actual date unusual requirement.
    She will go very well AQ, only just read Verry Elleegant is out she is staying in Sydney, that robs the race of some star quality but i think maybe not a bad move for her preparation and a return date with Addeyyb and co.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    Tactical decision, do you vote for one you like who is popular and be one of 15000 or vote for one down lower and drastically improve your chance to one in 5000 haha.

Does anyone get the ownership experience of the wild cards?
    No i dont think so Gilga just the 10 voted by the public(i think)
    Would be a bloody great thing, good concept.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    I've voted for Still A Star.

<d
    Watching these dills stress about possible rain on the day in Melbourne and one or two stables are suggesting they may scratch if it's "too dry" or "too wet" being Sir Dragonet and Probabeel mentioned respectively(i think)i have one word WTF?!?! this is laughable it's a 5 million dollar race.
    Withdraw these horse's invites now and gtfo...it's a forgiving surface and no way will it be a bog, one trick ponies we dont need in the race.

And their still banging on about Arcadia Queen not handling the sting out also i am adamant this is INCORRECT as is Pikey!! 

jum likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Arcadia pulled a shoe this morning and returned 1/5 lame. Has been re shod and will be inspected again tomorrow by RVL vets

Hopefully she's 100%
    ohh no that is worrying ffs.Hopeful she is too, i think she is nearly a special this beast of a girl.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Lameness has worsened overnight according to the RV vets, another final inspection race morning.  Almost give her none now anyway, very disappointing.

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    sh*t!! could it be different farrier?
    FMD very disappointing indeed  :(
    Only upset I could live with is if the Tassie galloper Still A Star were to cause a big boil over.Trainer and battler Bill Ryan 73 has terminal cancer but will be on course against Doctors orders, wouldn't be a dry eye in the joint if she gets up for them.

Fingers crossed Arcadia Queen is as good as gold although did hear mention of bar plates so it is far from ideal.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited March 2021
    Scratched, be interesting to hear from Grant Williams as according to Bob he seems to think she’s 100%

George Ryder stakes over 1500m at Rosehill next week looks a logical move
    Yeh what a bummer, will not ķnow now but she would have shaken the life out of the race.
    Bill Ryan looking sharp as in an interview just now, looks like a real gentleman this fella wish him all the best.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    European bred horses run 1st and 2nd in the All Star Mile. Says it all
    :-q