G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 6 Non Members
R1- SECRET PLAN resumes in midweek grade but finds himself against a horse that is almost as exciting in TRIPLE MISSILE. However think he has the edge on that galloper after beating it softly in a recent trial and having produced better performances on race day. Showed a withering turn of speed to win from last over 1000m on debut before a determined effort from near last again on a leader biased track when fourth to Kissonallforcheeks. Either of those efforts would see him go close here.

R2- MY HIDDEN JOURNEY trialled really nicely for his return and brings outstanding form to a maiden like this. Seconds behind Expressionist and Double Spice and a third in against Saturday 3yos when splitting Captain Kink and Levitate. That is lengths superior to his rivals and he’s yet to finish unplaced on wet tracks. Drops back from the wide gate and if he can find cover he knows how to let down powerfully.

R3- HOT ZED has been improving with every start and looked to have put it all together last start when a big winner. Seemed to appreciate being ridden with a sit on that occasion and with speed in the race here should get that opportunity again. The form out of the race has held up and although the conditions probably made his win look more impressive than it may have been he should be able to find a similar spot here three deep with cover and if he improves again will be hard to hold out.

R4- IN THE BOAT looks far better than a class one horse and should be able to make a point of that here. Had a handful of encouraging trials before coming and making a mess of a five horse field on debut as a $1.30 favourite. He had a couple of small set backs prior to a big jump in class to contest a Saturday 3yo race. Led, kicked but was no match for Kissonallforcheeks in that race. Comes out running here to try and find a spot and if he does they’ll struggle to catch him.

R5- ROSSO TEMPESTA was able to bolt in a maiden two back when allowed to lead and roll. He then chased a very solid tempo last start in a race dominated from the front by a couple of smart ones. 1400 looks like it’s getting a touch too sharp for him so the step to 1600 looks ideal. Drawn low he will need a another clean break to lead but has jumped really well at each of his last two. Harvey back on and a soft lead should see him there abouts at the big price.

R6- MISTY LAD was a determined effort to tramp deep and keep coming at the finish last start to run third. That off the back of two dominant Esperance wins proves he’s back to his best and wants to be racing. May not lead this field with a few others engaged that may be more desperate for that role but his win two back showed that he doesn’t need to lead in his races to win. He should still be able to position up just off the speed from barrier four and likely doesn’t end up wide throughout again.

R7- Best Bet: PUSH TO PASS hasn’t seen a race this week in more than a year having contested exclusively 70+ grade and higher. Won the York cup earlier this prep with 57.5kg and now finds himself in a 66+ with 58kg after the claim. Has looked sharper since being dropped back in trip and should now appreciate getting past 2000m again. Can position up in the first half of the field from barrier three and that looks a great spot for him.

R8- SHE’S ENCHANTED is a quality horse resuming in a class three. Has been competitive and won better races than this already in her career and stretched the neck of Bright Diamond on debut. Her trial behind Outback Jack was very soft and that horse came out and ran well in the Magic Millions trophy. Has speed so drawn low should be able to find the fence without too much work and can really control the race from there.

R9- DOWNFORCE is in career best form and looks capable of winning another class three. Had been running really well in Saturday grade this campaign before being dropped back into a class three two back and producing a massive finishing burst to win. Last start ran third behind Excellent Dream and Weaponson from last when forced to come around one in the straight. Drops back into another class three here and draws a gate to sit closer and make his job easier.

R10- SAFE TO MAKEUP has put together three good runs her last three since coming back to the mile. Bolted in at Bunbury when always looking the winner followed by a close second in a 0MWLY race before finishing in a bunch in a 60+ Saturday race. Seems to be looking for 1800 now and gets one where they should go along a genuine tempo. Drawn middle of the line and if she can find a spot three deep with cover to improve into the race from the turn she’ll be competitive.

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    “PUSH TO PASS hasn’t seen a race this week“ that’s a good stat because it’s record on the quick backup is horrible... nearly a month between runs, today will see it competitive

Rodent likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Underwhelming support cast for a 66+ race, last prep i would have been all over Celtic Diva now not so much although soft conditions should suit her.A maddie for a spec if PTP struggles is Final Chill who likes the sting out too and might improve in this up in trip suits. 
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I've been weak this week.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    Like the distance race they rarely win two in a row in these events but think Upward Others might buck the trend.
    Also same race Bold Success good run last start, kept on keeping on down the outside.
    Heaps of other hopes in the race, Hyperspace to get a soft run from barrier 1. Big chance.

Then there’s the ghostly grey, a good hope, won’t say a lot for the future of the rest if he wins at 10. Celtic Diva & Bella’s Idol as well. It’s a cracker of a betting race.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    just looking, we've had a raceday every day since gerro 3rd feb up to bunbury tomorrow.
    10 races today, the same tomorrow...where are all these friggin' horses coming from?

anyway back to bizzo..i reckon i might have the smokey Riders referred to ^^, the old grey NAK..had a spell from march to december, had a few starts this prep...have a look at his last run..well worth a dabble at 31's. plus his rider, ryan hill seems to be in a rare patch of form.
    edited February 2021
    Gimme a break Falc if that worldclass milkdrinker wins i'll ride it at its next start or die trying  :))

Edit. actually has won once(august 2019) and placed once from it's last 20 starts but i stand by the drinker comment, plus it's a headcase.
    I’ll walk to China!
    edited February 2021
    Anyone of five of them may run favourite - most likely Celtic Diva - should be at least 4/1 - 9/2 the field.
    Celtic Diva winning chance but backing as favourite, good luck.. she’s only been placed one of previous nine. Although the rest aren’t much better.

The Celtic Diva of LAST prep probably wins in this field, but yes now she is virtually completely out of form.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Speaking of headcases

Yulong Earth back to 1400m. Drawn out and will be coming home with a (hanging in) wet sail. Each way at around $13
    Had a feeling that trial was misleading, wish i had of acted on the theory.
    Sneaky Pontiff :-\"

don't like him getting under my guard lol..and Train has jumped on the Rosso express a bit later too i see  :-S
    Would have loved to see Barry Newnham get that photo huge run! , still have the odd thought about King Blitz.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    thefalcon said:

just looking, we've had a raceday every day since gerro 3rd feb up to bunbury tomorrow.

10 races today, the same tomorrow...where are all these friggin' horses coming from?

anyway back to bizzo..i reckon i might have the smokey Riders referred to ^^, the old grey NAK..had a spell from march to december, had a few starts this prep...have a look at his last run..well worth a dabble at 31's. plus his rider, ryan hill seems to be in a rare patch of form.
    Have you been down the back shed with a tin foil hat on Falc :P Meetings Feb 3,4,5 were all abandonded due to Mcgoo's lockdown 

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Chris Parnham is really serving it up to Pikey.

HUGE run by Rosso for the Pontiff!!! gave that err Oaks prospect and shortpriced fav something to catch  :P in fact it couldn't, bloody wins but for Pike uncharacteristically being up on speed.
    I've left Celtic Diva out of the quaddie today as I have sacked it forever.

I look forward to seeing it sail clear in the last 100m

Ridersonthestorm33, Rodent likes this post.

edited February 2021
    :)) i literally laughed out loud reading that thanks H, hope for your sake(and mine) that doesnt happen
    edited February 2021
    Will go a couple of steps further...
    Never leave a Ash Maley runner out - have.
    Never leave any Parnham out - have.
    Never leave Alan Mathews out in a staying race - have.

It ain’t gunna be good.
    Take them in an always trifecta @thunder.
    Rodent said:

Chris Parnham is really serving it up to Pikey.

You are right but he is off to Melbourne later this week to ride some Group 1 horses who could win big races and whilst he is no doubt a very competitive soul i'm not sure he is too cut at the moment? do you think he erred on that fav going forward, given it couldn't get past the toppie i would say it aint much good..or Rosso Tempesta is better than thought of.
    As stated many times what a bunch of crabs, the 4.7 horse wins which was as good an omen as any actual form.
    edited February 2021
    I’m A Bluebagger went 100 miles an hour and still beat half of them home! Brad Parnham too good on the winner.
    The other grey Not Again Ken, just for a moment thought hello...some ordinary runs, the well backed fave Upward Others and Celtic Diva to name two.
    Lucky is going that good he got King's Authority up for a win  :-? been knocking for a long time i thought longer was the go..feel for backers of the fav as in..why would ya, even money or shorter why o why.
    I love Yulong Time

;))
    Gee well done if you found that last winner, especially at the price
    I backed lucky haven't watched a replay yet to establish why or how he was back last...
    Lucy Warwick three seconds all at odds too.