G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

• Frog   1 second ago
1 Members & 26 Non Members
Noticed this galloper has been transferred from Waller to a new/rookie trainer Annabelle Neasham, is owned by Aquis and have just read an article from last spring where it states "we will be supporting her heavily" as she kicks off her own training gig..no ****! has i dare say been given some fairly good gallopers to kick off with in this bloke and Prague is another i noted and who resumed with a nice close up 3rd last Saturday.

Annabelle whose name i have seen around but know not much about is from the UK i believe.Bit of digging tells me she worked for Gai in 2016 on a working holiday and never left, subsequntly ran The Maher/Eustace's Sydney operation from 2018 and with considerable success too until kicking off in her own right in August last year, so far has had 13 winners from 61 runners at 21%.

Mo'unga is dual nominated for Sydney and Melbourne this saturday last time i looked and is great odds particularly for the flemington race which i think he could win first up, do not know if he is there or in Sydney though.
Has accepted for The Apollo in Sydney also a notably bigger test but the wraps were big for him too.Interesting to watch how he goes...and Annabelle too
She has started well and i think she is VERY highly rated.Smart move would be to "sign up" Tommy Marquand for rides wherever possible(he lobs there this week i believe and will be ready too ride on the 27th Feb),i could see them forging an alliance of sorts for his time here and he used to ride Prague and maybe others for Aquis anyway.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Spelt her damn name wrong how rude  :\"> Annabel it is.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Shes a fair sort too
    yes i was going to mention that yesty lol nice looking woman indeed.

The horse is running in Melbourne their setting him for the Guineas($21 atm), is i think a very good chance tomorrow and at around $13 is well worth a bet.
    I like Dom To Shoot who is over there but he is the same price that just isn't right.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    big day for our horses tomorrow, lets hope they all go well...

Manchild, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Very nice third today, i think he can beat both those that finished in front of him over a mile.Will run a big race regardless.
    Bypassing Melbourne maybe due to the harder tracks but just a guess.Nommed for the Randwick Guineas getting the extra week break then on to the Rosehill Guineas 2000m all being equal he could smash them.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Anabel said it was mainly because the horse has never run on only a 2 week break and as she got him back to Sydney straight after the C S Hayes (in case covid interfered with her ability to go to Melbourne) it would have meant not only a 2 week gap but also another Sydney Melbourne trip.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Thanks Tony, I had a quick look for any info but sometimes it's hard to find.Makes good sense as he is a colt who will appreciate further than 1600 too.
    I really like this horse and he has heavy form so look out I reckon.

A star jockey’s hunt for redemption will provide further fuel for trainer Annabel Neasham’s bid to claim a remarkable maiden Group 1 win with stable star Mo’unga in Saturday’s Rosehill Guineas (2000m).

Premiership hopeful Tommy Berry will continue his partnership with the son of Savabeel after the pair combined for a luckless second in the Randwick Guineas earlier this month.

Berry was left with a wall of horses in front of him in the straight before finally getting to the outside and rocketing home to finish runner-up to the John O’Shea-trained Lion’s Roar in the Group 1.

The gun hoop, who has won 30 Group 1s, is determined to avoid a similar fate this weekend.

“I am excited for his chances and looking forward to redemption,” Berry said.

“He was obviously unlucky not to win last start and since that exciting run has us licking our lips.

“His only run on a wet track, he won quite well up in Brisbane and he is bred to get through the soft ground.”

Sydney Racing

Lion’s Roar and Brenton Avdulla winning the Randwick Guineas as Mo’unga (right) charges home for second. Picture: Getty Images

TAB.com.au believes Mo’unga can turn the tables and have the colt as the $2.60 Guineas favourite, while Lion’s Roar is $4.60 and two-time Group 1 winning filly Montefilia is $5.50.

Mo’unga will go in search of his maiden Group 1 in just his third start for Neasham after joining the young trainer’s yard from Chris Waller when she took out her licence last year.

The three-year-old has been stakes placed in both runs this preparation.

“He is going super and is moving exceptionally well,” Neasham said.

“He is glistening in the coat and ran very well when unlucky in the Randwick Guineas.

“This is his grand final. The 2000m will suit and hopefully he has got his flippers on if the forecast is right.”

Mo’unga holds nominations for the Australian Derby, Doncaster Mile and Queen Elizabeth Stakes and all three will be considered after Saturday’s Group 1 assignment.

“We will see how he runs the 2000m,” Neasham said.

“It is always tempting to go to a Doncaster with a three-year-old with a light weight, so that is always an option.

“There is the Doncaster, the Derby and, if he is really flying, even the Queen Elizabeth but we will get Saturday out of the way first.”

:x this colt...

oldhendo likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

:x this colt...

:\"> Me Too

Thunderstruck, oldhendo likes this post.

me three four and five  :D
    Derby or Doncaster(49kgs) next?  :-? 
    Even before Saturday i have had a small doubt on him at 2400 not sure of Savabeel's record producing winners at the longer trip, was tough as on Saturday so maybe i'm off the mark anyway Annabel will pull the right reign.
    Slight concern might be who would ride at 49 suppose she would weigh that up too, one thing for sure is i can see him charging home with that featherweight and his explosive turn of foot.
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Doncaster.
    DId you hear/read something mate? spot on because he is out of the Derby market and a 5.50 second favourite for the Donny.
    Not up to speed at all who rides that light in Sydney.

*just watched her interview on Racing.com didn't completely rule out the Queen Elizabeth THAT would be tough
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Confirmed Doncaster
    Good work thanks H.

Also saw the tweets about Melody Belle who is preparing for her swansong in Sydney then onto a broodmare sale, has been a great mare not an ABSOLUTE champion as the G1's are maybe a tier below in NZ but what a ripper of a mare all things considered..and kept on doing it for 4 seasons notching 19 wins from 38 starts.
    Smashed Pierata by 6 lengths one day at Eagle Farm back in their 2yo season probably should have more than 1 G1 Australian win under her belt really 
    Some talk of progressing on to the Queen Elizabeth too TBD after the donny, might have his work cut out there against the 2 guns but if he is 100% he would add an extra element especially after he wins the mile race by 1.5 eased down :D

oldhendo likes this post.

craig williams could get down to 49kg easily..bet  he's knocking on her door....
    edited March 2021
    true that Falc, would be a good ride for him and he would be a good booking..if a horse like Brutal can win it?.....this guy just needs to not draw the fence and it's dry as all week in sydney this week(go figure)so wait and see what eventuates with the track the following week but he is good in the wet anyway.
    any more news on if he's starting on sat?
    betya bossy puts his hand up.....as well as craig w.
    edited April 2021
    No news to say he isn't so i'm thinking it will be a goer at this stage Falc..and yes forgot about Bossy BUT can he do 49?

Is into $4.80 All In from 5.50.

weather looking ok maybe 15 to 20 mills rainfall only for the whole week
    Bossy is riding Think It Over.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    I think Robbie Dolan is riding Mo'unga in the Doncaster

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited April 2021

1MUGATOO (IRE)Kris LeesHugh Bowman456kg
    2AVILIUS (GB)James CummingsJames McDonald1256kg
    3SAMADOUBTBjorn BakerJoshua Parr1456kg
    4STAR OF THE SEAS (NZ)Chris WallerSam Clipperton954kg
    5OLMEDO (FR)Annabel NeashamTommy Berry554kg
    6SHOUT THE BARGai Waterhouse & Adrian BottTim Clark2053.5kg
    7GEM SONGKris LeesJason Collett1953.5kg
    8ZAAKI (GB)Annabel NeashamRegan Bayliss2253.5kg
    9AEGON (NZ)Murray Baker & Andrew ForsmanKerrin McEvoy753kg
    10CASCADIAN (GB)James CummingsMs Jamie Kah353kg
    11DALASANLeon Macdonald & Andrew GluyasJason Holder153kg
    12THINK IT OVERKerry ParkerGlen Boss1852.5kg
    13FUNSTARChris WallerCraig Williams1752.5kg
    14BEST OF DAYS (GB)James CummingsMs Rachel King1552.5kg
    15I AM SUPERMAN (IRE)Peter & Paul SnowdenAndrew Adkins1052kg
    16ROCKMichael, Wayne & John Hawkes852kg
    17NETTOYERWendy Roche651kg
    18YAO DASHGai Waterhouse & Adrian BottMichael Dee1150.5kg
    19MO’UNGA (NZ)Annabel NeashamRobbie Dolan2149.5kg
    20FORBIDDEN LOVERichard & Michael FreedmanDean Yendall1349.5kg
    21eICEBATH (NZ)Brad WiddupJay Ford250.5kg
    22eWHEELHOUSEChris Waller1649.5kg
    edited April 2021
    Not worried about the 0.5 raise in weight 49.5 is a winning weight, drawing barrier 21 however is a bit deflating :(