G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Bunbury 11 races 11-2-21

West Australian Racing
Run Like Fire? How? I can't find any run in its career that comes near what it did today.
+1 -1

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Just BS hey couldn't believe it watching the race....something happened that it improved.

Also of note how much cash was lunched on the heavily plunged fav i wonder..there is a trend at times of the lesser Peter's ones being 1.unders and 2.getting beat
    About time the real Axel 'R' Eight turned up.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    I was on Brave Battle.

Not sure it wins the Oaks.
    I dont even know when the race is? Improvement needed which i suppose it will derive being only 3rd up and jumping from 1600 also...suppose he will have a few going towards it and see who stands up.Winner yesty looks promising enough needs to step up in trip obviously.

Powerful Force wont be doing much of anything based on that average run today...
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Race 7 #4 Don't Show Me Up $16

Each way play 1 x 2 units

Liked how it hit the line in the trial under minimal urgings. Didn't mind General Grant either and is 21 into 13. The trial time and urgings in the straight swayed my selection. Antique Jewel will be very hard to beat at 1.50. You can never discount C Parnham in the form he is in.

4-6-9-14 for the novelties
  • YankeeYankee    299 posts
    If the Pontiff has to wait until the last race at Bunbury i guess i can wait also for my best of today. Rapidora.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Rodent said:

Run Like Fire? How? I can't find any run in its career that comes near what it did today.

Just saw the replay. Literally the only thing going for it was S Odonnell first time on in a race. Other things are first time senior jock on since its first start where it had R Forrest on. Another point of difference is first time male rider in race.

That's a big leap of faith
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

About time the real Axel 'R' Eight turned up.

When has it not turned up?
    You would have been insane to back it at its first two runs this prep.. last start it put the writing on the wall and that topped it off nicely to peak today
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Has been working back from major injury

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited February 2021
    First up it didnt.

Insane? ran 3rd first up to Queen Take King over 2100 last prep hence it started 4.20 solid in the market 2 back and went shithouse survey said  "no abnormalities" so please explain? ..unless you knew something from the inside.
    The other part of your comment makes sense tho, primed to run well today and duly saluted.

H-BOMBER said:

Race 7 #4 Don't Show Me Up $16

Each way play 1 x 2 units

Liked how it hit the line in the trial under minimal urgings. Didn't mind General Grant either and is 21 into 13. The trial time and urgings in the straight swayed my selection. Antique Jewel will be very hard to beat at 1.50. You can never discount C Parnham in the form he is in.

4-6-9-14 for the novelties

Gee whiz i was keen General Grant last night then a look this morning changed my mind to Dont Show Me Up. Why do we do these things to ourselves?
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I only took 1 horse in that leg of the quaddy. CDL  L-)
    edited February 2021
    How can Ginger Mack be a late scratching? It got a fly start and still didn't run top 4. Hardly disadvantaged.
     Can't wait to hear the reason. For the life of me, I cannot think of one. 
    Yankee said:

If the Pontiff has to wait until the last race at Bunbury i guess i can wait also for my best of today. Rapidora.

VERY disappointing? did not run on at all, won't be getting any more of mine until i see a vast improvement.
  • Horse has issues Thunder.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

Yankee said:

VERY disappointing? did not run on at all, won't be getting any more of mine until i see a vast improvement.
    Followed you in TS. I am not an expert on horses galloping action but that horse appeared to have a very unusual action. Black Caviars stride would have taken 1 to its 2.  @-)
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Rodent said:

How can Ginger Mack be a late scratching? It got a fly start and still didn't run top 4. Hardly disadvantaged.

Can't wait to hear the reason. For the life of me, I cannot think of one. 
    Without looking at reports I will have a guess that the Jockey grabbed hold shortly after the start thinking surely a false start is about to be called.
    That will do me. Ginger Mack a late scratching for receiving an unfair advantage at the start. Brainless twats. It didn't finish top 4 so why scratch it? Punters copping it up the clacker!