Race 4-   Wildwest,  The Bird Dance,  Our Jimmy Johnstone,  Simba Bromac
Race 5-   Magnificent Storm,  Patronus Star,  Minstrel,  Howard Hughes
Race 6-   Papinik,  Valentines Brook,  Fanci A Dance,  Little Bitof Fun
Race 7-   Miss Limelight,  Weewah,  Savvy Bromac,  Intheskyrocket
Race 8-   Kiwi Bloke,  Divinia Bellezza,  Major Artist,  Delightfulreaction
Race 9-   Diego,  Carrera Mach,  The Kraken,  Roman Art
Race 10- Always An Angel,  Newsy,  Black Jack Baby,  Joelene

+1 -1

cisco, savethegame, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    R3 Dominate The Dojo odds suggest they may not be having a crack but I thought he would cross comfortably if they try so had to have a few dollars EW at the 60/1. If they did Antero might be the first one there so could be a big odds quin with VK.

Very keen Weewah in R7.

Loved Diago’s last run so something on him and Toto Picasso at Albany mid tote.

Good luck punters.

VillageKid likes this post.

• psychopsycho    652 posts
    I am not a massive Trot fan though I do like to watch them, now a friend of mine has an interest in Magnificent Storm is there much difference when they go out to the 2536m from 2130m ?? After watching the last couple of wins of this horse if it can cross it looks the winner
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    psycho said:

I am not a massive Trot fan though I do like to watch them, now a friend of mine has an interest in Magnificent Storm is there much difference when they go out to the 2536m from 2130m ?? After watching the last couple of wins of this horse if it can cross it looks the winner

I would doubt it will even try and cross, the biggest chance of it getting beaten is if it goes forward at the start and it doesn’t work out

Rapt for CD Brown there. Fantastic training performance to Iron this fella out in a pretty short amount of time. Hopefully years of clashes ahead for these two.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Huge run by Minstrel, was too good for Magnificent Storm on the night.

Markovina, savethegame likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Last half 55.7 takes a super horse to even get close let work forward 3 wide and then to the breeze.
    The barrier beat MS.

VillageKid, JayJay likes this post.

Why didn’t Grantham drive the 1 horse, he was named on it yeah?

VillageKid, JayJay likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

He got taken off because he said he would sit when he was interviewed on radio

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Well it lead and ran 70m last?

JayJay said:

Saved him the embarrassment

JayJay, VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Hats off to Colin Brown who I believe landed his first win in the Golden Nugget tonight in what has been a long and distinguished driving career.
  • Gilgamesh said:

Nothing over inflates ability like ownership

He got taken off because he said he would sit when he was interviewed on radio

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts

Hats off to Colin Brown who I believe landed his first win in the Golden Nugget tonight in what has been a long and distinguished driving career.

Yes - top class driver over a long period of time - thats why i was hoping that he would retain the drive from the Sims classic

Natural lightweight which is a big tick - for agility - and you dont want any excess weight in the cart 

And he is one hell of a competitor ( which i admire in any sports participant ) and when he is driving in any race he is not in awe of anyone ( and thats how it ought to be ) where as honestly  some blokes get bluffed out of it 

Not as good as Trevor though -  T B Warwick he was the best ever  .

freodockers dislikes this post.

JayJay said:

Saved him the embarrassment

Haha hope the owner apologised to him. Wouldn’t be holding my breathe though. Big baring on the final result.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    Excellent victory by “The Minstrel”

Excellent victory by “The Minstrel”

Haha he got it right in the last 20m
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Takes a lot of liberties with horse names lately, including just plain getting them wrong.

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

He has never been any different.
    That was a great race last night - it was shades of  the mighty Gammalite and Popular Alm  turning for home locked together in that memorable  Miracle Mile at HP 

I think the 1st 2 - will be topliners maybe even reach the champion status 

Dont buy the utter bulldust that MS was beaten by the barrier - that is just sour grapes that the boom horse got beat 

The winner was 3 and 4 wide for the entire 1st lap  - then death seated - and the time it ran - and closing sectionals thats got  future champion status written all over 

If we had a top trotting  journalist in WA - the 1st question id ask Greg Bond ( obviously after congratulating him on the win ) is what is the ownership split of that horse - because i see the Butts ( original  trainer ) and the other NZowners are still in the horse . Because that will tell you where it will do its future racing - i think it will be chasing all the big plums on the east coast and NZ 

MS - i must say i cant wait till it goes over east - gets  on a proper track - its sits 3 or 4 pegs and gets out at the 200 metres - with the sprint its got - it will be just excitement plus

savethegame likes this post.

Sour grapes my arse Marko.
    Reverse the positions in the runs and you reverse the result.
    Only difference would be the margin which would then have been 10 metres.
    It was a very clever drive by Brown who didn’t want the lead and dictated the race from the breeze.
    Just like your GOAT used to.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

A pretty good card for tonights meeting at Bunbury including the $25k Manea Classic (4yo & 5yo).
  • “The Minstrel” accepted for the Chariots. Transportation a big issue. If it clears that he will be hard to beat.

Markovina, Gilgamesh likes this post.

“The Minstrel” accepted for the Chariots. Transportation a big issue. If it clears that he will be hard to beat.

Yeah i read that in Saturdays West Australian 

Chariots of Fire - is it a mile or 2300 metres 

Watched some of the races at Menangle last night - wanted to see how the Tassie star Ignatius would go

Cant say how much i hate the Menangle racing - alot of luck comes into  - re opening sectionals - and terrible to watch 
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    A mile

Markovina likes this post.