G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members
R1- TALLINN seemed to find 1000m too sharp down the straight last start. Still got to the line like a horse that is capable of winning a race and gets another chance is another weak Saturday maiden. His run two back when settling near the back was a big effort and drawn low here at 1400 he should be able to settle much closer without doing too much work. Pateman sticks and that’s enough for him to get one more chance.

R2- Best Bet: ISLAND CHARM has gone to a new level this prep. Beat a classy field over the track and distance first up when winning with authority. Cruised up to Madam Torio and Iseered Iseered and went straight past them to win in quick time. Last start ran a gallant second to Gemma’s Son who looked a weights special despite having beaten him too first up. Drops back to what looks like another high speed 1000m and only needs to reproduce either of her last two efforts to be very hard to beat.

R3- BIN SHALAA has looked a very professional type at the trials. Knows how to jump, travel and find when asked which should help her to go close on debut. Beat older horses at her first trial when winning in handy time at Bunbury before winning her second trial against her own age group. This race doesn’t look to have an abundance of speed for a 2yo race which should allow her to lead or breeze comfortably and save something for the finish.

R4- DON’S LEGACY was a massive effort to finish within half a length of Resortman and Weaponson second up last start. Had excuses first up when drawn the wrong side of the Pinjarra straight but his last start effort in 72+ grade is lengths better form than the rest of the field. Third up last campaign was a luckless run behind Nerodio, again in 72+ grade. Can either breeze or take a sit one one if something wants to go crazy but both are good spots for him.

R5- ALL IN RED deserves her chance in town having won three of her last four in Geraldton. And, while the form may not be super strong, she has been winning with authority and has shown tactical versatility. She’s won from three back the fence, sustaining a wide run and leading and kicking away and so from a low draw can be ridden how she jumps but expect her to be in the first half. From she should be running another good race.

R6- RESORTMAN was back to his best last start with the blinkers on. Was taken back from the wide draw and was able to let loose with a powerful turn of foot but the most impressive part was that he was able to settle in the run with blinkers. Out to 1400 looks a positive if he can settle in run which he looks capable of doing he should be able to improve further. Barrier five should allow him to settle closer and from there he is always a danger.

R7- BELLA’S IDOL was very impressive beating a similar field to this last start. Was able to stalk the leaders the whole way before pouncing in the straight when running right through the line. Has to carry 60.5kg here but carried 59kg last start so that shouldn’t worry him. Drawing one should see him find a near identical spot to last start. Has been racing consistently well despite his numerical form and if he can hold that form can play a part again.

R8- WRINKLY was a big improver first to second up when finishing midfield in the Cyril Flower. Was coming again near the line over the unsuitable trip and actually got back past a couple. 1800 has to be something of a query but was a gallant fourth in this race last year when three weeks between runs. This year Parnham has elected to back him up into this which he thrives on. Knows one way and that is to roll and will be looking to break their hearts at the big price.

R9- RECAPITULATE was a good run at his first go in town since joining Helen Harding and gets his chance again in a similar field. Led at a controlled tempo but wasn’t able to out sprint SEMINOLE BRAVE from the corner. Both were big efforts on a day where the rail was the slowest way home and despite getting things his own way think Recapitulate is a better horse rolling. Can find the front here and hoping tactics are to run rivals into the ground.

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Can’t not put forward a tip on the race named after me.
    So having done the form for 30 secs I am tipping the fav Montelena.
    Cockney, Trap will cut each other’s throats up front allowing Montelena to come over the top.
    Nicely weighted plenty of upside and just goes bang.
    53 kg compared to the day I carried 67 kgs. Postage stamp weight. :D
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    R5 Uncle Dick was a bit stiff last start. Can win.
    R6 Proconsent is a great each way investment
    R8 Utgard Loki. Very pleased to take $51 with a bonus. Each way all day.
    R9 I am selecting a bolter each way in Scoreline. You run last at Albany then logic says hey ready to run a big race in town. This horse has run big races at long odds in town previously including victory at $51 so don't dismiss,

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Prize Pennies is my punt on Ponty at a price selection in R1, first up run was quite ok and has seemingly improved from her first average prep.1400 should suit 2nd up, I have no idea why it's more than twice the price of Petite La Femme and Tallinn has displayed no liking for 1400 in two tries.@$14 ew all day I'm in!

Up in grade but I reckon the Cruzer can run well again and is at nice odds for R5, likely sits on speed with the visually impressive Gero winner All In Red keeping it company, that one's price looks a bit short very interested to see how it fairs as the jock walked in the lead last start and won't get anywhere near as soft a run today.

R6 Very big if sometimes seemingly but if Azzopardi jags a good spot from a sticky gate Not To Be Mist can beat all of these, has plenty of ability but often doesn't get luck imo he is well and truly DUE so giddyup Smokin Joe.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    Just two 25/1 rough ones a place today.
    Race 4 - a tough one to follow, form patchy and can run his races likewise, but first up goes okay...Warfish. Good trainer combo there too.

Race 8 - this one clutching at straws too, gets a mile back but he’s a trier and was very good in the Perth Cup - Paddy’s Shadow.

Two top weights in the Detonator - Touch Of Silver and He’s A Parker, if only Detonator could’ve run today, that champ ran carrying well into the 60’s kgs when the lightweights were carrying just 48kgs!

If was in the race he’d be hitting the winning line first before some of them reached the furlong post.
  • SeagullSeagull    39 posts
    Pletto, Montelena, My Faire Ballantyne my best today at Ascot
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Ilhabela $14
    Charlton Eddie $4.2
    Stay Safe $11
    Amasensis $6.50
    All in Red $4.20
    Downforce $6
    Winifer $26
    Montelena $3.1
    Zetorio $13

Good luck
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Tallinn to get it done today
    LATE...again.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts

LATE...again.

Par for the course and most courses.
  • GoddGodd    199 posts
    edited February 2021
    R5- pletto
  • GoddGodd    199 posts
    R6-weaponson
    R7-brothers keeper
    R8-the big show
    R9-beat the bell
    Jesus how Amasenus didn't go through the rail then
    Should have won, the hero ride failed.
    Outstanding butcher job on King Cruzer #whattafndickheadyouaredonga
    Saucy Jack please ~X(
    How was that dairylover extrordinaire only16's?? Don't have to bet in them I know(and I didnt TF)but these races are diabolical as a rule...
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    How many points for Last Of The Line?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    Those two drum bets mentioned above.
    He’s a funny one that Warfish ran 5th not far off third. Seen him run where looks gone and comes again, sometimes goes forward and holds on, seen him run some bloody ordinary races too. Today was a bit patchy but found the line pretty good.

He gets a 7/10 for the effort and that’s a ✅ even though wallet says 0/10.

Paddy’s Shadow now here’s a goer. Ran right up to the very good Perth Cup run, came out of the ruck and found the line hard again today, thought he’ll run fourth for sure but thank goodness did one better, and grabbed the skinny end of the prize.

bigorangecat likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

How many points for Last Of The Line?

80 rater beat an 82 rater and an 81 rater. I'd give him 11 points. I would rate the race as an 82+ as Montelena had 53kg. So I would have LOTL a notional 86 before winning. I would give him 5 pts for winning taking him to 91. 
     That's how I'd do it. I'd probably give Montelena 2pts and give the 3rd horse 1 point.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    be interesting to see what "they" do, rodent...
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    He got 91 yes?
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    94 - 14 points
    Mont 4 to 86
    Paddy 1 to 82
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ta-ta to him, lightly raced and now a 94er. the east must beckon...
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Good race to have not won, the more I look at it now

Thunderstruck likes this post.