G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members
R1- AMBERS CHANT was an interesting horse to assess out of the trials. Has trialled three times in preparation for this and all of those performances had merit. Was three deep throughout in the first before being dragged back at the second when tested in blinkers. Found traffic there before leading at the third without shades and stuck on nicely. Blinkers are on for her debut and expecting Ramoly to have her right over the speed from a wide gate and can run a race here.

R2- ANTIQUE JEWEL is becoming costly but does look a horse with ability and really should be winning this. Travelled into the race much better last start when blinkers went on and hit the line strongly to be narrowly beaten by General Grant who looks to have ability. She has shown she can hold a spot so from gate two should find the box seat and in a very thin race it looks hers to lose.

R3- Best Bet: SHE’S ENCHANTED simply had nothing go right for her first up. Jumped quickly before being shuffled back through the field and held tight with nowhere to go until it was too late. Her form from last campaign and her recent trial was more than good enough to win this. From the wide gate with a senior jockey back on expect she finds the breeze and ignoring the first up run should be winning from there.

R4- BOMBARDMENT has been racing in super consistent form. Has had some excuses at his last three and was a big run in a class five prior to bolting in four back. Has led at two of his last three on days that didn’t suit those on the fence and last start wasn’t able to get near the speed when hitting the line in a Saturday race. Should be able to settle close again here which looks a positive as does coming back to 1600.

R5- INDOMINUS has found as good an opportunity as he’ll ever get to win again back into a class one. Hasn’t raced in class one company since his first up run which was good over an unsuitable trip. Was a massive flop three back as a $2.15 favourite but his two runs since have been a big improvement. Out to 1800 last start he was able to sit back and get home powerfully to finish third in a far stronger race. Should be able to sit a little closer here from three and that could be the key.

R6- TRIPLE MISSILE has looked a serious race horse at his two starts to date. Won with a leg in the air on debut at Belmont beating a field that included No Surrender. Trialled nicely behind Secret Plan for his return and turned the tables on that galloper first up with a big performance to gun down the leader in a fast run 1000. 1200 looks much more suitable after producing a seriously good last 600 and should continue through the grades.

R7- SCOOTER’S MACHINE has been racing very consistently and broke through for a well deserved win last start. Did it the tough way, sitting three deep no cover and running away from them at the finish. This looks a very similar field to what he beat last start and he should get a much softer run in this. Has yet to run a bad race since having blinkers go on and seems to run for Bennett so expect him to run another nice race here.

R8- DARING SOLEIL was a massive run against the pattern first up at Bunbury. Had two trials late last year that were encouraging but raced two months later when hitting the line strongly behind a promising horse in Testing Love. Stays at 1400 but finds a race with a bit of speed to let her settle back with some cover and allow her to get home strongly again. Ran some super races at a price last campaign and should be competitive in a similar race here.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    Keen on race 7.
    Pablo’s Poem - win.
    Mia Dolce - win.

Pablo’s Poem very good first up, not beaten far coming from last on the corner, and if see replay seemed to be just getting warm and powering home after the finish line, although they don’t pay on that, will run fave and the one to beat, at around 7/4 he’s short enough in the betting.

Mia Dolce drifting from 6/1 to 8/1 early, she’s won over 300k in prize money, weakened out of it last start but still thereabouts at the furlong, and won’t have to have to worry about classier types Samizdat, Flirtini and Saracino whizzing past her this time. She was 100/1 SP in that race. Paul Harvey to ride, think a forgotten horse early in betting, approaching double figures and a winning hope.

Also Star Glitter didn’t realise he’s 9 years old, a bit worried about him just the same, and a saver on the bugger at around 10/1.
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Like Excelestial in the 3rd.. quiet trial n small field suites.. ew

JimmyPop likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Spot on Riders, I'm also looking forward to see how Ponty goes first time on board this galloper who has sort of been lost in the wilderness.Clearly the other one has had some issues with hardly any racing for a while had plenty of ability back in the day.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Take two $2 winners in multi,equates to $4,late scratching in one leg ,21c deduction,someone tell me what price I should finish up with??
    Rosso Tempesta can give a sight too,continually starts at a decent price since the all the way win three back.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i think mia dolce may have had a few too many starts as a 2yo..just my take, thats all.

i'm a patient bloke, i'll wait until 5.25pm and while having an ale will have a few bob on Safety Bay.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

b*ggered if i know, BAF....you tell us. bet you was robbed... >:P

Thunderstruck, BlacksAFake likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    I think 21c deduction is per dollar whch would mean 2 x 1.58 which equates to 3.16

Take two $2 winners in multi,equates to $4,late scratching in one leg ,21c deduction,someone tell me what price I should finish up with??

3.16 agree with Tony's calculations. 2 x 21c for a $2 pop
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Gee Triple Missile was impressive just then. 

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

And Ponty got over from 10 with NO issue whatsoever did they let him do that?
    thefalcon said:

i think mia dolce may have had a few too many starts as a 2yo..just my take, thats all.

i'm a patient bloke, i'll wait until 5.25pm and while having an ale will have a few bob on Safety Bay.

Spot on on that run..she IS COOKED. same same the comeback horse.
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    E/W I Hope You Dance at a price....
    AND another fn one gets butchered well done on Lording NOT.... :-q
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    tony said:

I think 21c deduction is per dollar whch would mean 2 x 1.58 which equates to 3.16

Correct thought it would be $3.58 myself,but what would I know :-?

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

To be fair it had an outside barrier and the 1400m start is a nightmare to get in. Once it jumped well, it was little to no hope. Not really the fault of the rider
    great tipping races 7 & 8, Train...... =D>

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Nearly tipped the last 5 winners, Bombardment a good send at odds then nailed the quaddie straight out =D>

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

thefalcon said:

Spot on on that run..she IS COOKED. same same the comeback horse.

I just had a look at Mia Dolce's record. The horse NEVER had a real spell. It had 35 starts and 4 trials between 8th October 2018 and today and the biggest gap between runs was less than 4 months which happened once. I'm guessing this meant this filly spent around 5 or 6 weeks in the paddock in this time.

And don't forget she is tiny. From the iutside looking in, the way she was raced seems cruel and greedy to me but not everyone will agree.

Hope she can have a good retirement and enjoy being a Mum now.

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

edited February 2021
    Flanders said:

To be fair it had an outside barrier and the 1400m start is a nightmare to get in. Once it jumped well, it was little to no hope. Not really the fault of the rider

Understand it's not easy at all and ultimately I'm a fool for wanting to stick with the best horse in the race BUT the winner drew outside her....it's annoying to put it mildly but i will concede it is often problematic getting cover...especially when I'm on them ~X(

Flanders likes this post.

i know not many of you get the West, but the pic of antique jewel winning yesterday you'd swear and bet big bucks it was Pike on top....