G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Flemington 27/2/2021 Australian Guineas day.

East Coast Racing
Great days racing at i reckon the best course in Melbourne easily.
Won't be jumping on the Tagaloa bandwagon now so although I'd like a bit bigger price why can't Dom To Shoot run a big race? Aysar is a gunna and the fave although strong last start is untried at a mile also.Zou Dancer Is maybe the X factor but this will be a sterner test.
Early tip is DTS e.w hopefully gets out a bit priceless.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I'm in the Dom to Shoot camp. $11+ on the day you would think. Great each way price on that first up run
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yes might get 12s, drawn a middle gate and Pikey on so ticks a few boxes.

A bit earlier Laverrod should also go well assuming he tracks well up the straight, has earnt the 59 for a Bm90 and will have Ollie steering from the widest gate.

Platoon steps out in R3, Neufbosc is in the Blamey and Fabergino and Indian Pacific suit up in the 1000m straight race, hopefully didn't miss any of ours.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    don,t get too parochial boys, don't let you hearts rule your head. racing is a very cold game, do not let sentiment cloud your vision....
    having said that, yes, the casey pair are not without some hope...
    as for the parnham trio, to quote darryl kerrigan..."tell 'em they're dreamin'"....
    that leaves fabergino, the best of the 6 of ours, in my opinion.
    don't forget the big guns from the east are primed....
    disclosure: i do not bet in the eastern states except if something crops up....which is very rarely.
    Yep agree on Nev's three unfortunately he won't have a lot of luck Saturday.The Casey pair are decent chances though DTS definitely gets the trip and 1600 at Flemington he should relish, "Rod" is right in his race a piddly Bm90 Ollie will do the job there I think.

Fabergino is quality so the weight won't hurt her at her perfect trip/course..however wtf is Poy on again??
    nothing wrong with Poy...got the blood to be a good hoop....michael clarkes son.
    A few better he probably cost it running 3rd in the Lightning Falc didn't you see that race(while Ollie watched the race in the jockeys room)?
    Nothing wrong with the kid but the 2kg claim isn't of use so not the best option I reckon, though less pressure this time being just a listed race I guess.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Sometimes when doing the form one can look way too deep into things and miss the obvious.
    Fabergino ran 4th to Nature Strip September Run And beat Bivouac.
    Clint Hutchison tipped Fabergino on the day against the superstars.
    Can’t see any Nature Strips or September Runs in this field.
    But having said that, I recall Fabs trainer said the secret to her horse was to space her runs as she tends to appreciate this method.
    It has only been 14 days ??? 
    :-?
    That is the query just a 2 week break but it is the only one.Analysts were stumping up for Muntaseera as the saver in case she doesn't like the quicker backup but her best beats these.

And as much as I'm a knock or moreso not in his corner I have made a stern note to save on Tagaloa.Every man and his dog says if he turns up in the same form(and he should be cherry ripe fitness wise now)he wins on times and the likely quite firm track suits.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Good run Platoon. Got in an awkward spot but came home well.
    Nev reckons he will back up in the Australian Cup next week, nothing if not ambitious is he.
    Don't think Rod liked the straight racing, round a bend give him another chance but only 1 more.
    The bonny mare does it again, needs a little break now maybe.Indian Pacific ran a race too in the WA quinella.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Good to see the locals doing well. Great effort by Tiarnna to give her horse every chance to race to its potential.

thefalcon, Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

Don't think Rod liked the straight racing, round a bend give him another chance but only 1 more.

Reckon your right TS. Veered outwards a bit around the 800m and then went back in soon after.
    Wouldn’t be discouraged by the run though.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Suppose they needed to know for sure but enjoy motherhood Mystic Journey.
    I've got a black booker in the next at Wangaratta Voyage De Lune..is way down in grade and worth a spec at $13+
    Gave a sight nonetheless was gathered in at the 125.
    edited February 2021
    MANY flops in the guineas, pissweak was DTS and a few of his companions.

1st 4 of 975K says it all....meooowww

detonator likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited February 2021
    Who are they trying to kid with DTS, its not even in the top 3 three yo’s over here. Blind ambition.

thefalcon, oldhendo likes this post.

Who are the three better here Para? Very unlucky and should have won the guineas here and ran 3rd in the KT at WFA.
    I don't blame them for having a dip got exposed today i agree but a fair donkey won it...and a just as big a cat ran 4th :D
    In Sydney their feature race and the best mare in the country is BACK baby, tough asf and is never ever gives up this beauty :x

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    Flemington Quaddie of around half a million dollars.
    A running double of 9.7k.
    First four as thunder said of about a million.

Was reading an article on how easy it is for punters to win when doing the form these days... yes with results like that looks very “easy.”

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    paraletic said:

Who are they trying to kid with DTS, its not even in the top 3 three yo’s over here. Blind ambition.

I reckon Dom To Shoot is high class but they stuffed up by travelling to Melbourne so soon after a long Ascot carnival campaign at the top level. He would've had minimal time in the paddock before having to get back on the training track. Was a big error for mine.
    ^ probably won with a mystery, most of the really big ones are...
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    The Tab are advertising that a punter got the first 4 by spending $480 and going Fd Fd Fd Fd

1.48% netted just under 15K back. Not a bad way to launder a few dollars
    H-BOMBER said:

The Tab are advertising that a punter got the first 4 by spending $480 and going Fd Fd Fd Fd

1.48% netted just under 15K back. Not a bad way to launder a few dollars

Hhaahaha if only we all had drug money
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    Also some of them with a bit of a chance in the last Quaddie leg were paying over $2million, half a mill was about the shortest.
    Victorian racing throws up roughies like no other. Headquarters at Flemington renowned for it.
    edited March 2021
    I remember a west aussie horse got up at $126 at flemington in a g1 over a mile

Puts a smile on my face when i think about it. RIP cranky, i still wish u were here with us :((

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

480 bucks is not exactly a laundry job....

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    https://www.racingandsports.com/news/timeform/timeform-news/2021-03-01/timeform-recap-2021-australian-guineas/540694

Timeform rating of 113 for Lunar Fox for winning the G1 Australian Guineas. 113 is very low for an Australian Guineas winner - roughly four lengths off the level of form that has typically won the race. Since the first running of the race in 1986, only Kenny's Best Pal (112 in 1993) and Ferlax (112 in 2013) have won the race with lower ratings.