G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members
R1- YARDMAN gets another chance in an even easier race to last week. Was travelling strongly behind the leaders before being forced to come around heels and finishing off okay. Two back he led in a fast run race and up to 1600 expect they may lead again here to avoid bad luck. Has been racing really well since returning from a lengthy break and should be able to win a race soon.

R2- Best Bet: PHONEME is racing super consistently and finds a really nice race to get another win on the board. Was a winner four back before bumping into Last Of The Line twice and last start was forced to go back to last from an outside draw in what became an impossible position. Got home in a seriously quick last 600 and looks primed for 1800 here. Barrier five also allows him to sit that bit closer and that can be the key.

R3- ACERMETRIC looks like getting a very cosy time out in front in a race that lacks genuine tempo besides himself. Has been in the leading pair in some fast run races his last three and has still been able to show some fight up the straight. Last start had to contend with rail that was very slow and while he is five weeks between runs it may not be the first thing to have him a little fresh. Is racing better than what it reads and can give a sight.

R4- FANGIO finally comes to town looking for five on the bounce having bolted in her last three. Is a touch stiff not to be unbeaten this campaign and has shown a serious turn of foot that can get her out of trouble. Likely goes back from the wide gate in a race that lacks tempo but has been able to overcome that at her recent starts and in the small field looks capable of doing that again if she can be three deep with cover into the turn.

R5- WESTERN EMPIRE was never a chance last start after handing up from the inside and pulling really bad after they dropped anchor. Was okay after getting out in the straight but looks much better suited here in a race where they should go faster and where he should be able to avoid the fence. Any of his performances in the 3yo features of last year would see him win this with his eyes closed and should only be better third up.

R6- TAMBORA looks a promising stayer in the making and should appreciate the step to 1800m. Bolted in on debut before going to slow for his own good when caught napping by La Farola two back. Was freshened and sent back to provincial racing when winning last start and the form out of the race has been okay. Looks like getting a very soft lead here and Parnham just needs to lift the tempo at the right time and should have them all off the bit chasing at the turn.

R7- SOLAIA is a Saturday winner against older horses and listed winner against her own age group taking on class one and maiden winners. And at set weights and penalties concedes 2kg to pretty much the entire field however she does have to beat a cerise and white army. She looks like getting a very soft lead but suspect one of the cerise and white runners may try to apply some amount of pressure. That shouldn’t be an issue for her as she’s race fit and very tough. Does look her race to lose.

R8- LONDON MISS is in career best form. She has won three of her last five including a strong win in the Pearl Classic last start. She is incredibly consistent and is able to put herself into handy spots as she should be able to again here. Drawn seven in a big field she should be to push forward early and find a spot just off the speed. Has been able to show a sustained turn of speed in recent times and looks well placed back in grade without a big weight increase after the claim.

R9- TIME TO SIZZLE is going super this campaign. Has won two of her last three leading them and running hard and is odds on to try the same thing here. Although going fast early and paddling in the last 100 her last 600 times have still been really quick which helps her to hold on at the finish. Draws wide again which means doing extra work to cross but still went close last start crossing from 16. And in a near identical field here with a small weight drop she will give another big sight.
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    After throwing out Pablo’s Poem and Mia Dolce on Wednesday, goodness gracious, a beyond embarrassing effort, returned from punters skool, just dipping the toes in the water on the lucky last, she can get along way back, but up to 1400 should suit - mainly for the place, and small win, the mare by Helmet - Beret.

Good punting everyone.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited February 2021
    I like Hyperspace in the 3rd, been running some very honest races and looks right in is.

A little E/W on Crystal Valley in race 4 for me.

Race 6 Reliable Star looks to have some talent, another at E/W odds.

Race 7 should be fun for the caller with 5 in the famous silks,I'm liking one of them, Spritely Star to be in the finish.

Race 8 London Miss... call me nuts, but I'll be having a buck E/W on Baby Blues.

Race 9, I won't get the 100's this week, but still a sound E/W price about Santiago Girl. Hoping to have built a bank here and have a go at what should be a big first 4.

8 & 9/ S1, 3, 4, 7, & 14/ S2, 5 & 11/ FD
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts

After throwing out Pablo’s Poem and Mia Dolce on Wednesday, goodness gracious, a beyond embarrassing effort, returned from punters skool, just dipping the toes in the water on the lucky last, she can get along way back, but up to 1400 should suit - mainly for the place, and small win, the mare by Helmet - Beret.

Good punting everyone.

At least you had a go. Money lost, nothing lost. Courage lost, everything lost.

Ridersonthestorm33, thefalcon likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    I am keen on a few to win or at least each way;

R2
    Beaucount if left alone in front
    R3 Safe To Makeup is overdue
    R4 Power of St George at odds an each way special. 
    R6 Avalon Bay
    R7 Indigo Blue
    R8 Baby Blue is a great each way bet. Stable companion Watch Me Ney Ney also will be a big improver
    R9 Molten as best bet and Hoboken worth an interest at odds. Nice quinella.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    R1-5
    R2-1 Quinella with the 2
    R3-7ew 8 chance
    R4-lay the 2. Ew the 4
    R5-3 win
    R6-1 pont on
    R7-1 wins 7 runs 2nd
    R8-11 pont for the double
    R9-9 the one to catch, 1 overs and will be close. 7 can run over them
    Happy punting
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Win, lose or draw thank you for your support Bomber
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts

I am keen on a few to win or at least each way;

R2
    Beaucount if left alone in front
    R3 Safe To Makeup is overdue
    R4 Power of St George at odds an each way special. 
    R6 Avalon Bay
    R7 Indigo Blue
    R8 Baby Blue is a great each way bet. Stable companion Watch Me Ney Ney also will be a big improver
    R9 Molten as best bet and Hoboken worth an interest at odds. Nice quinella.

I'm waiting for Hoboken to draw a barrier and get to 11/1200m.
    Won't be surprised to see one lob at odds in these tips
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited February 2021
    Baby Blues has not come up at all this prep and has gate 15 and Watch Me Ney Ney can't even whinny it is THAT average :P have you got stable mail re those 2 Slip?
    Anyway since I'm knocking those I'll suggest Chatter Session will be the value runner to be right in the finish.

If there are any chinks in Fangio's armour in R4 my dart hit a nonny in the race carrying only 51.5 who is way way overdue a win, his name is(unfortunately)Trump This he should get a good run today from gate 4.
    IF No Apology was to jag a better run with cover he beats them all.

Agree with an in form @Train Races 5 thru 7 I reckon the faves win all three too, tipping Dmac to have a good day and score at least that double, also think Hyperspace will at least place in R3 if not win(a 4 leg PWWW $15.50+ multi anyone?)I'm having a go anyway.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    Chris P. could have a HUGE day. he's riding my roughie in the last...  ~X(

i'm always skeptical of a horse going for 5 straight,,,thats why i'm having little e/w on power of st. geo.
    i know solaia is all the rage but i am a fan of the pierro stock so e/w real passion...
    the dogs are yapping chatter session, incl. jay rooney...
    8-X...so i'll give it the big arrivederci...
    thats me sorted..
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Book ending with Yardman and Time To Sizzle, lock them up
    Today could be the day for Molly in R1 or sacked forever.
  • SeagullSeagull    39 posts
    Ascot Black Bookers today: Scootin, Phoneme, Porphyrio, Fangio, Reliable Star, Solaia, Fashion Queen, Beret, Platinum Bullet. Good punting

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    dear oh bloody dear, chrisso....reach for a  :!!
    Early favs getting rolled just makes it more likely Train will be on the mark later :D
    Trump This goes KAPOW \:D/ :x
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    thefalcon said:

dear oh bloody dear, chrisso....reach for a  :!!

Riding early on like he had already banked the rewards!!! Road W Empire very well
    edited February 2021
    VERY average that fav, am sure he needed to get rolling earlier or go quicker ffs but maybe it wouldn't have mattered :-q
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    Good call on Trump This @thunder, didn’t realise 9 races, although think there’s 9 every week. Have to be on each way mostly place on Plutocracy in the last, consistent as clockwork.

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Solaia is very short. Surely she won't get it easy in this.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,715 posts
    Surely Carvery gets time for that ride? He just has to.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited February 2021
    Testing Love to change its name to Sacrificial Lamb. dirt tactics.
    It's wrong but I bet he doesn't.Few for sale of Bob's sooner rather than later..this meet is like a Belmont blowout :)]

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    WTF was that from Carvery. Stable/team riding gone wrong???
    Fair dinkum. 
    X(
    edited February 2021
    Aiden Obrien type tactics. #pacemaker
    Carvery had one objective. The stewards should have one objective. But of course they won’t do anything. 

Absolutely they won't.
    If anyone can defend that ride by “carve up”  please feel free to post.
    Don’t let the fact that the horse finished 4 lengths behind the 2nd last horse put you off.

paraletic likes this post.

detonator said:

If anyone can defend that ride by “carve up”  please feel free to post.

Don’t let the fact that the horse finished 4 lengths behind the 2nd last horse put you off.

=))
    edited February 2021
    Ponty and a double figures priced winner   =D>
  • BrownbreadBrownbread    58 posts
    Did they move the ascot winning post to the 400 or did p Carberry just think they moved it