G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

2021 WA Yearling Sale

Harness & Greyhounds
There were lots of people there, and the prices were through the roof. The top two lots were sold by KTC Bloodstock; a half to Lavra Joe for $130k, and a half to Shockwave for $80k. I imagine a lot of the vendors would be quite pleased with the sale.

As was heard from a couple of people, gone are the days of picking up a decently bred horse for $10k to $15k.
+1 -1

freodockers, Markovina, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    maybeso said:

There were lots of people there, and the prices were through the roof. The top two lots were sold by KTC Bloodstock; a half to Lavra Joe for $130k, and a half to Shockwave for $80k. I imagine a lot of the vendors would be quite pleased with the sale.

As was heard from a couple of people, gone are the days of picking up a decently bred horse for $10k to $15k.
    Any lot numbers take your eye - where you thought - gee thats a nice horse and at an ok price  etc 
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Record sale with the initiatives introduced for breeders finally starting to kick in.

The days of breeding ordinary sires to ordinary mares as happened in the early 2000s appear to be over thankfully.

Gilgamesh, JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Hard to impose and wouldnt be popular but could you have some sort of tariff on mares with a certain record/price being sold to race overseas to keep the good ones here for breeding?
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Markovina said:

maybeso said:

Any lot numbers take your eye - where you thought - gee thats a nice horse and at an ok price  etc 
    Lot 439 Betting Line - Chemical Romance was a stunning looking colt.

savethegame, Markovina, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    Great to see some positivity for Breeders hopefully a great initiative in enticing breeders to upgrade to better quality mares .
    As was evident if you have the horse with good breeding & is a good physical specimen Market will come to the party and pay good money.
    Deservedly Great Result for most breeders and good for them.

What has happened to Advance Attack didn’t get many foals in this years sale I believe only
    1 was offered.

Cant_Refuse likes this post.