G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members

Fabergino to Waller

West Australian Racing
Whether this is the right move or not for the horse, can someone explain the howling and outrage from people regarding this move. This decision, which is made by the OWNERS, who incidentally pay their bills and 10% of prize money to the trainer for a service, surely is their decision and theirs only in the their best interests? Also, 50% of trainers prize money going forward is going to previous trainer. Not a bad deal. And I'm sure T Robertson isn't losing too much sleep. Leave that to all the others that are outraged on her behalf...

The cries of "dog act" etc and the outrage against the owners for a seeming lack of loyalty is laughable. It's a business transaction and that is it. If the owners think this is a better option, what is the problem?

I hear they want to go to Royal Ascot as a swan song. 
+1 -1

hash, Chris, thefalcon likes this post.

Comments

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited March 2021
    can only imagine the level of care factor this horses next prep will get with only 50% of prizemoney on the table. Bobs good ones were treated like poo.

H-BOMBER, thefalcon likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    i believe some of the owners are in the UK arent they? maybe a lot of them...
    On face value it seems a pity as she has done a sterling job with Fab but in no way is it anything like a dog act etc.I'm with you Tiarnna would be fine with this and wish them well..no malice in this move at all i would think looking on from the outer.
    And ultimately it's the owners perrogative and their offer of 50% of prizemoney back to her highlights no bad blood at all.

H-BOMBER, hash likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    “tiarna would be fine with this” tiarna has liked everyone comment regarding the poor treatment from the owners she has copped

paraletic likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Fabergino is a rising 7yo and isn’t up to the them at group one level unless everyone single thing falls into place. Ever heard of a horse named nature strip which will probably be eye balling Fabergino in most races from now on

“tiarna would be fine with this” tiarna has liked everyone comment regarding the poor treatment from the owners she has copped

yep seen this too. Shes been liking those comments all day
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    ok well i dont read the soapbox social media sites so i'll have to take your word for that, still don't see it as a dog act though that is just an overreaction but if she agrees like you reckon why doesn't she speak up and tell them to get phukd and shove their 50% offer? lol

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    paraletic said:

can only imagine the level of care factor this horses next prep will get with only 50% of prizemoney on the table. Bobs good ones were treated like poo.

How do you know how they were treated?

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

I think Fabergino was the last remaining horse she had from the same owner(s) so I'm sure there is zero love left in that relationship

paraletic said:

How do you know how they were treated?

listen to last years all star mile after race interview
    edited March 2021
    Your bias is clutching
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    edited March 2021
    Judging from her tweet, she doesn’t sound impressed

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    first i've heard of it...
    i recall the owners being "salt of the earth" from northern england. recall they came here for the weekend to see their horse race.
    the move to waller is a bit odd. a) you would think a victorian trainer would be the logical pick. b) i did not think waller would be interested in a 7yo mare, no champ but a handy one. c) a chat to bob peters before the move may have swayed their decision.
    whatever, the deal is done so all we can hope is the horse is treated well and is happy in her new home.

Manchild, LETSDOTHIS likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts

Let's Go Racing coment;

And just back to Waller for a moment. It is an owner’s privilege to have who he likes train his or her horse but Perth trainer Tiarnna Robertson is entitled to feel bitter about losing star sprinter Fabergino.

Owner-breeder Jim Anderson has transferred the horse to Waller’s Flemington stables declaring there were ‘exciting times ahead for the six-year-old’. Wonder what he calls the 12 wins from 19 starts that Robertson has guided Fabergino to?

“We are also in discussions with several potential buyers including a part sale with Chris Waller’s clients,” Anderson told The Races WA. “Chris has big plans for Fabergino including a career-ending finale at Royal Ascot.

“She will then commence her next chapter as a broodmare and a service in England to one of the best European sires at the time. Part of Fabergino’s ownership crew include John Tierney and Martin McDonough who live in the UK. They will have the opportunity of seeing her run in the flesh again.”

Here’s hoping he provides Robertson with a replacement. As for Waller well the champion trainer is an opportunist who has obviously long forgotten his days with the bum out of his pants trying to train winners in New Zealand.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Did i read somewhere that Coolmore had brought into Fabs ownership?
    maybe chris is just eying an all expenses paid gig to the UK, swanning around Ascot in top hat and tails and hobnobbing with all the pommie uppercrust.
    it'd be business class for he and his stunning missus, living in a top hotel, all meals and liquid refreshment....nice if you can get it...
    :-B

bookielover, JimmyPop likes this post.

You think he needs Fabergino to afford a trip to Royal Ascot 8-}

JimmyPop likes this post.

bookielover dislikes this post.

i don't know his financial situation but i can tell you this..no matter how well off you are you always grab a freebie with both hands.

now come up with another smart-**** comment ya dropkick...
    [-X

bookielover likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    LIL Casear ---richey call & collect ---- liam prior knowledge---- plus numerous possies --bad choice.& the record with short course horses  he struggles,. Sale price as broodmare  may  offset.?

bookielover likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts

LIL Casear ---richey call & collect ---- liam prior knowledge---- plus numerous possies --bad choice.& the record with short course horses  he struggles,. Sale price as broodmare  may  offset.?

Allegedly, have to say that, got away with a fair bit I reckon STG :-O

savethegame likes this post.

when will people learn that a good race mare is normally a flop in the breeding barn.
    just think of makybe diva, black caviar..there are a ton of them if you think about it.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    thefalcon said:

when will people learn that a good race mare is normally a flop in the breeding barn.

just think of makybe diva, black caviar..there are a ton of them if you think about it.
    CHAMPION race mares are flops Falc.
    Good race mares can produce champion horses and Fab is only a good race mare. She is no champion.

oldhendo, JimmyPop, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• shothrushothru    243 posts
    thefalcon said:

maybe chris is just eying an all expenses paid gig to the UK, swanning around Ascot in top hat and tails and hobnobbing with all the pommie uppercrust.

it'd be business class for he and his stunning missus, living in a top hotel, all meals and liquid refreshment....nice if you can get it...
    :-B
    Pretty sure he could pay his own way anywhere
  • shothrushothru    243 posts

i believe some of the owners are in the UK arent they? maybe a lot of them...

On face value it seems a pity as she has done a sterling job with Fab but in no way is it anything like a dog act etc.I'm with you Tiarnna would be fine with this and wish them well..no malice in this move at all i would think looking on from the outer.
    And ultimately it's the owners perrogative and their offer of 50% of prizemoney back to her highlights no bad blood at all.
    50% of prizemoney or 50% of trainers % ??
    jum, years ago when living in sydney i asked an old racing man why great mares were flops in the breeding barn.
    i can hear him now...."well geoff, all during their racing life  gawd knows how many chemical additives have been through her system. do not for one moment think i am referring to illegal drugs. just think of the many, many chemicals, i'd say they must have some affect on her female reproduction system, her offspring missing a gene or two.....thats my take on it.."

jum likes this post.

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    the cackle was Tiarnna was going to lose the horse 5 or 6 months ago, they had a change of heart, but to think she could win a Gr 1 in UK is dreaming, people don't realize just how much time she spent on the horse and still won another 2 listed races with her, she's left a paddock where she was trained from to a box at flemington, Good Luck Jim and partners ( I don't really mean that)
    for the life of me i cannot fathom why the owners have done what they have. what more could have tiarnna done? she's loved and nurtured the mare almost all of its life, has been patient with her, spaced her races and the mare in return has produced the record she has.
    the poor animal will be in a box in a barn with 20 or so others, her diet will change and the personal attention out the window....
    if the mare returns to her wonderful form, i for one, will be stunned.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    The owners have done this because they OWN the horse. Full stop. 

The trainer doesn't own the horse. The trainer is paid a fee to do a job the best way possible. That is to train the horse, look after the horse and place the horse in suitable races, to make money for the OWNERS. And the more money the horse makes, the more money the Trainer makes. And T Robertson has done an amazing job with Fabergino. 

The horse has won 800K and won good sprint races in Melbourne. So the trainer has recieved 80K for their training efforts etc etc over the journey and has been thrust into the limelight both at a state and national level. T Robertson is a fantastic trainer who manages and treats horses with the utmost care and gets the best out of them what ever quirks they might have. A great thing for her business right? Its a two way street, both parties have got a lot out of Fabergino. 

Is it the right thing for the animal and its career? Who knows? Personally, i agree that the way the trainer has managed Fabergino is, from the outside, the reason the horse has done so well and to change this up seems like the wrong move. But dont bring loyalty into it. 

Again, its a business and the OWNERS have the right to do whatever they want. 

Look at Bob Peters. He is chucking Celebrity Queen into the Inglis Sales. POOR old Grant and Alana, what they have done for the horse and Bob is amazing, winning a group 1 only 2 starts back. They have managed the horse wonderfully blah blah blah blah. And Bob thanks them by getting rid of the animal.....proposterous! 

Where is the outrage here? Because its Bob everyone goes "Oh yes, splendid business acumen here, Bob runs a bunsiness etc blah blah".....

Rodent, spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

get out of the wrong side of the bed, bomber?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Nah mate, all good. Just cannot understand why this isnt seen as solely a business decision and why loyalty is brought up as such a factor in all this. Dont get me wrong, I completely value loyalty. But i dont think it applies in this business transaction. 

spinking, Manchild likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Owners prerogative. Only time will tell if it was a good decision. If Fabergino flops, she will not be the first good horse to flop when changing to a big name stable.

H-BOMBER, spinking likes this post.