Race 1-   Master Publisher,  Poisedtopounce,  Pocket The Cash,  Cordero
Race 2-   Machlani,  Tuas Delight,  Bettor Finish,  Rocknroll Whitby
Race 3-   My Carbon Copy,  Carrera Mach,  Rakasinc,  Has No Fear
Race 4-   Rock Me Over,  Walsh,  Fifty Five Reborn,  Thereugo
Race 5-   Lavra Joe,  Mighty Ronaldo,  Talks Up A Storm,  Dominus Factum
Race 6-   Texas Tiger,  Im Full Of Excuses,  Simba Bromac,  Thomson Bay
Race 7-   Alice Kay,  Major Jade,  Suing You,  Just Makemine Diamonds
Race 8-   Black Jack Baby,  Always An Angel,  Joelene,  Benesari Lane
Race 9-   Taking The Miki,  Extraordinary Mary,  Torrevean Amy,  Artistic Scribe
Race 10- Battlescard,  Floewriter,  Be Home Soon,  Seven No Trumps

+1 -1

cisco, curmudgeon, TrackBias, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    My 5 cents worth.....3 at some value off back line draws   .....One For Dave at about $5, Has No Fear at $8 and Rocknroll Magic at $9.50. Silly, silly all in Derby bet, Aussie Scooter at $201......locals are all on, can't be missing the party if the impossible happens.

cisco likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Pretty keen Fifty Five Reborn can run a really big race here. Fingers crossed they fly early and she can come with one run but can be put in to it early too
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    The 3 yo race - terribly hard race to win - with Lavroe Joe and a few others 

But Browns horse last start was an absolute eye catcher last start - looks to have a good turn of foot 

2500 - faves have a bit of bad luck - then this thing has got a knockout chance 
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    Lavra joe wow he is a beast
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    We desperately need some more widely split grade races with pref draw L to make at least some of these races have run on the premier meetings are such a hard watch with so little happening in running.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Lavra Joe is one of those whose incredible looks are equally matched if not bettered by his incredible ability on the track.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited March 2021

Lavra Joe is one of those whose incredible looks are equally matched if not bettered by his incredible ability on the track.

Trained and placed superbly by a veteran hobby trainer to boot......that ain't in the script :D

VillageKid likes this post.

• maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    No one has said anything, so here goes. Last night's run by Lavra Joe was 0.3 seconds outside the track record at GP. It set a new Australian record for 2500m for 3yos, smashing the old record by 1.7 seconds. Lavra Joe is already a world record holder when he ran 1.54 over 2130m as a 2yo. 

I hear Swandoo racing syndicate paid $500,000 for Ragazzo Mach. I think, after watching their respective runs yesterday, that they should have been offering that sort of money for Lavra Joe, as he looks a far better prospect of earning that price tag back.

VillageKid, Constantlybroke likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Maybeso.. 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

It has become a great race, The Western Gateway.....been going for over 50 years and has become a genuine insight into the future. A list of the top 15 winners over the years reads like a who's who of genuine stars.....Mount Eden, Mister Karamea, Via Vista, Smooth Dave, Manageable, Whitbys Miss Penny, Hilarion Star, Salinger, Saab, Talledega, The Falcon Strike, David Hercules, I'm Victorious, Alta Christiano, Chicago Bull.......and that's leaving out Beudienne Boaz, Flashing Star, Whispering Campaign, Hey Maybe etc etc.....And I think Lavro Joe is right up there with the best of them. That was a devastating effort last night, if he goes on with it, we have a genuine super star to enjoy watching for years and breeding from after that. Roll with Joe's best son I would think.

curmudgeon, PictureSon1973 likes this post.

• PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    Jay Jay as stated from yourself possibility of being a Commercial Stallion as I believe he
    comes from a strong NZ Family?
    A great advertisement for the Charles Family Breeding Operation and with the Sales Results could
    lead to further Broodmare Upgrades within their operation West Bred bonuses help as well.
    Hopefully their business plan in regards to their breeding business may inspire others who
    Breed & have well bred fillies racing in WA and abroad .
    Something to inspire all within the WA Industry.
    I haven’t seen him in the flesh but will definitely be attending the WA DERBY to see him
    as he is a weapon no doubts about it.
    JAY JAY did Pure Steel ever contest the W.Gateway Pace .

savethegame likes this post.

edited March 2021
    No, that year Jack Retzlaff trained Jibcho  beat Bill Whitfield's Ramon Adios and Speedy Mike for Grant Williams Grandad Les Williams when the race was an early 3yo race run at Richmond Raceway. Steelo won the 1975 Derby (at GP) beating Yerilla Court and Hodgen's Son, it was held later in the 3yo season. Quiz ......Hodgen's Son was by Hodgen's Surprise, also the sire of which Interdominion Grand Final placegetter?
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Interestingly Hodgens Surprise was a US bred horse who had a number of UK & NZ bred performers.
    Went to GP one winter morning in the dark... around 4.30am circa 1979 .... expecting no-one to be there after plenty of metro rain the previous week.
    The horse you allude to had already been worked and was being toweled down by Geoff O'Neill in the stalls near the entrance gate. 
    Things you remember....lovely horse.
    Yes, he epitomised the standardbred of the day, tough as boots and tried his heart out. Probably lacked a touch of high speed but you would want him in the trenches with you.

The 4.30am start is no exaggeration. We went in "early" one Saturday morning for Phil to track Gleaming about 4.30am......he was waiting, his 6 already worked and cooling down. It was barely light, he hinted that a certain Irish market pincher may have been watching from Nile Street and the darker the better!!!!
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    JayJay said:

No, that year Jack Retzlaff trained Jibcho  beat Bill Whitfield's Ramon Adios and Speedy Mike for Grant Williams Grandad Les Williams when the race was an early 3yo race run at Richmond Raceway. Steelo won the 1975 Derby (at GP) beating Yerilla Court and Hodgen's Son, it was held later in the 3yo season. Quiz ......Hodgen's Son was by Hodgen's Surprise, also the sire of which Interdominion Grand Final placegetter?

Was it Velvet Prince JJ?
    That['s the one VK.....toughed it out in the breeze at MV, think he was with Fred Hough early days before Chookie took him over for Lloyd Hipper.

VillageKid likes this post.