G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 43 Non Members
R1- SAVAGE ONE has been mixing his form this prep but his best is seriously good. Nothing went right last start when playing up pre race and going out really hard early before folding up. Won at both his prior runs but the two wins were contrasting. Scraped a maiden win at Geraldton at a short price after trialling super before bolting in up the Pinjarra straight. Interesting to see how they ride him from a wide gate after last start but if he can reproduce the Pinjarra win it may not matter.

R2- FLYING MISSILE has yet to run unplaced after three starts in much stronger races than this. Has beaten home horses like Liwa, Policiere and Pixie Chix who have all played big roles in 2yo feature races. Her recent 400m trial was good when stretching Spin The Knife was excellent and should have her ready to make an impact first up. Is very professional and so should be able to jump cleanly and doesn’t look like copping much pressure. From there is very hard to catch.

R3- ELECTRIC ROSE trialled extremely well for her debut. Sat three deep the trip and beat what was there to be beaten quite softly. The trial wasn’t over quick and the opposition doesn’t look super strong but she looks like winning a race early in her career. In a race without a lot of speed expect a positive ride to at worst find the breeze and that’s where 2yo racing is won.

R4- Best Bet: LET’S CUT LOOSE trialled okay for her debut when just fair over 1000m. Was immediately spell and trialled really well down the Pinjarra straight beating a couple who have run well first up. She resumes over 1200 which looks a positive as do the blinkers which haven’t been on in any public appearances. In another race with little tempo if she jumps, she should find the front and attempt run them off their legs.

R5- BEAU ZOOM appeared to find 1000m metres a tad sharp for him when first up no trial. Now comes back to class three grade at 1200 off four days which is different but may play to his strengths. Those being his high cruising speed and tenacity and in yet another race without much speed outside of him, he can run the race to suit himself from the front. Ramoly on means he only goes up 1kg down in grade and that looks great placement.

R6- SUPER EX is first up no trial over 1000m 0MWLY race. That is almost an identical race to what he won first up last prep with the only real difference being he’s now at Ascot but it could be argued that will help. Actually comes into this with less weight than what he won with last prep having shed a few ratings points at the back end of his last campaign. Is again another horse who should lead comfortably and that can allow him to produce his best.

R7- AL MAGICO ran a really good race three back when allowed to lead and roll. Since then has been a victim of circumstance in two funnily run races that have seen him get shuffled back and steadied mid race. Getting back out to 1600 from a wider gate he can roll forward to lead or breeze in race that regardless of who does lead doesn’t look like becoming a stop start affair. From there he looks a great eachway chance.

R8- KAPTAIN KAOS showed glimpses during his initial campaign but has come back better for Michael Grantham. Trialled nicely before bolting in first up beating Oceanic Rider who acquitted himself well in the Perth Stakes. Looks like getting a very soft run leaders back to wait for the cutaway but could even lead if nothing wanted to take him on. The whole Grantham yard is going well and he looks highly progressive.

R9- CREZEE broke through for a deserved maiden win last start over 2000m. Relished the extended trip fourth up when settling near last before making a searching run near the 800. Sustained that run all the way to the line to win impressively against an unimpressive field. Should appreciate another 200m and by this point in the day in a staying race sitting out the back and moving into the race out wide could be beneficial.
+1 -1

H-BOMBER, thefalcon likes this post.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Nice one @Train . I'll post mine shortly. Found it hard to find any value in a pretty ordinary card. Still there are 9 winners though
    My selections

Divine Pair
    Flying Missile
    Electric Rose
    Famous Journey
    Carabineer
    Fiery Water
    Koranis
    Holy Ghost
    Crezee

1 unit each way as usual

All up win races 2-6-8

Allup place races 3-5-6-8

0.5 unit win and 1.5 unit place

Good luck
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Holy Ghost for me - again 8-X

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Nice work steam @Train
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2021
    Race 6 - don’t know if he’s any good, not on last run anyway, but being loyal stick one more time...50 cents each way on the grey Pablo’s Poem.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited March 2021
    Thought i would throw one out in the easiest race of the day the C1 2200m lottery, again is open as umm the Sydney heads but i have two selections at well over double figure odds.
    Warcidium, i have a bit of time for this galloper and up in trip he might just be a decent bet ew i'll go place heavy, is $12 atm
    The other one i reckon(and i concede she may not be ready yet but at near 30's is worth a spec) is Royal Choisir, keep an eye on the betting she firmed significantly when winning her only race at Belmont over this trip, seems to like the distance range and as i said looks worth a crack at odds of $26+
    edited March 2021
    Reading some of the comments on Tabtouch - horse’s that “raced wide” - um actually no they didn’t. Horse’s that “weakened out of it” ...they ran on. Ones that’s “ran on”...nope they weakened.

Punters have never had better access to information, just a pity they can’t get it right in the most basic of comments on a form guide.

oldhendo likes this post.

William picks up were he left off and lifts one after coursing deep 

Race 6 - don’t know if he’s any good, not on last run anyway, but being loyal stick one more time...50 cents each way on the grey Pablo’s Poem.

Very well found  =D>

Ridersonthestorm33, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Perfect ride - goes alright that Pablo’s Poem!
    edited March 2021
    That day he resumed from a spell in the final race and drew the outside barrier and last all the way until making up good ground late was heavily commissioned starting at a short 5/1. After 50 metres was a 100/1 chance.

Next run fair dinkum ordinary, but gotta forgive them one bad one as they say. Good barriers and soft runs help too. Rode it a treat.
    Money was strong Koranis and duly salutes
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Small Speck
    Bruny Island
    These staying races are deplorable. What was that? As usual Pike sums things up the best and gets the chocolates, mean while Crezee is 25L away on the corner
    Lots of place getters today

18 out with 15.4 back. Will do it all again tomorrow
    edited March 2021
    Hard to knock the numerical form improvement with Final Chill - 7, 6, 5, 2, 3, 1.

When saw it in today thought that’s a chance at about 10/1 ( blew out the gate to 14/1 previous run when a well beaten albeit good 3rd ) then saw Pikey and outside barrier just 4/1 - pass /:)
    edited March 2021
    The average stayers races here since about 1978 - remember one thing - there’s a different winner every week!

Also final word on Tabtouch comments - no Pablo’s Poem two runs ago did not “weaken out of it” when coming from 16th ( last ) on the corner to run 12th only beaten 3 lengths and powering home late.

Neither did it “race wide all the way”, was anchored back to last hard up against the fence, and finished full of running along the paint.
    Spot on on both counts there mate.Well done on Pablo's i didnt mind Danny George in the race it will find the winners stall again soon.