G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 7 Non Members

Golden Slipper day, Rosehill 27/3/2021

East Coast Racing
Well it's been a long wait but their racing tomorrow thank goodness. 
My guess earlier this week was they would get to a Soft 7 and that is looking fairly likely now just hope the track play's fair experts are thinking it should...may chop up on the inside but that would be anticiapted after Noah's Ark stuck to the fence last week.

Cracking fields and a couple more tips to follow but a couple i like one is the gun filly of Tony Gollan's and a long time blackbooker
Isotope in race 1.See how she fairs against some good Sydney gallopers will have conditions she won't mind at all. 

In the Slipper i am sticking with Four Moves Ahead middle gate and she good wet form too and with Nash Rawiller on, should be right in the finish.

It is a cracking card the whole day, also can't wait to see the Verry Elleegant  Addeybb rematch it's on early our time too being R4 at around 11.30am. i love this mare and if she is close enough to the Pom nearing the turn and gets an unimpeded run i give her a massive chance of beating him.
+1 -1

oldhendo likes this post.

Comments

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Hope it dries up a little i have been on Private Eye since day one and i also like Isotope.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    just heard the english horse is lame...how disappointing..
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    The connections say he always appears slightly lame after shoeing and that they have little concern that he will not be fine in the morning.

Have heard similar excuses from trainers before, will see tomorrow if this time is OK
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    IF in vic would probably fail the vets but their less anal in Syd apparently.

thefalcon likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Golden Slipper I am very keen on Captivant at odds no luck last start and another roughie even though I don't like the trainer.... Mallory as a saver
    R4 Master of Wine. A Chardoneigh selection
    R8 Order of Command each way all day
    R9 Alison of Tuffy a wild flutter but can run a cheeky race
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited March 2021
    Got a free bet on the slipper and have put it on the omen bet after last weekend's rain. Stay Inside.
    Tough tough tough race to pick the winner.
    One sure bet though.....after the race I will be saying geez that winner was so obvious. Why wasn't I on. =))

Soft 7 and Addeybb is good to go which is great news, looks a two horse war again Collette back on Soft and one mentioned below are in the mix for the minor prize, can't find a spot for yours Slip..does go in the latter boxes of a first four "justin".

As above it's not one of mine and i knocked hard when he went average at 1400 but i may have a rare First 4 and Sir Dragonet(who was quite ok very late in the ASM)will go in several boxes of the the bet slip.Bit of money around for it too one thing for sure it's a 2000m+ wet track horse.
    i don't want to appear to be a stick in the mud...(yeah, yeah, i know  [-X ) but if you have a bet at rosehill today you've got a snout on yer dough...
    you could throw a dart at the slipper field...and still miss...
    edited March 2021
    BANG goes Isotope she is a gun in the making :x

Soft 7 loaded with quality animals all day Falc why you say this? Slipper i concede is maybe an iffy betting race otherwise far better quality there across the day there are strong good horses and good bets.Only query is how the track holds up, looked fine and Isotope stormed from midfield to win.

oldhendo likes this post.

Ran 1.10.77 quite decent time on a Soft 7 track.
    thunder, my comment was based entirely on the state of the track.....except for the slipper field...

gotcha..the track is quite good seems to be fair.

Semi butcher job just now on She's Ideel geezus.
    :x :x what a GREAT farken race that was she is a mare for the ages best horse around in Aust.
    Emotional too was C.J Waller, love that passion too.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Terriifc win. Addeybb is some sort of horse so its great to frank the form of the mare. 

Good luck with Mo'unga Thunder as presume you are sticking. I've had something small on the Kiwi and Khloekhloe. 

YOU PHUCKING BEAUTY !!!!!!!! 

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    UNGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 
    :x

oldhendo, detonator likes this post.

edited March 2021
    now for Funstar, i reckon she can win the Ryder.
    patience son, patience....... :-B

the main reason i'm iffy regards the slipper is that they are 2 yo's and were primed to be at their peak last saturday, tuned to the minute as you can with 2yo's.
    the week off could be good or could be bad for some of them..
    tommy berry hasn't positioned them very well today even mo'unga, with funstar was at least 2 pairs further back than anticipated..oh well there goes a 3 in a row scenario.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    So You Think's first open age G1 winner (Think It Over in the George Ryder Stakes). Also, So You Think as a sire so far as of right now: 32 stakes winners who have won 50 stakes wins
    You didn't mention VE beating one of your beloved european stayers who are apparently better ?? It seems like you might be upset about this? 
    :D
  • PCPC    2,190 posts

You didn't mention VE beating one of your beloved european stayers who are apparently better ?? It seems like you might be upset about this? 
    :D

Addeyyb is better. The ratings say that. The leger is 2-1 in Addeyyb's favour. Plus Addeyyb has got the job done in both hemispheres. VE hasn't left the comforts of home (hopefully she does).

If you seriously think Australian racing as a whole is better then Europe at 1600m+ then you need to take your blinkers off. As ive told you before - Australian racings strength is speed - sprinting. But there it ends. The depth in quality at a mile onwards is poor..no depth in quality. B and C grade horses from Europe win G1 races in Australia at 1600m+ plus countless other Group/Listed races. Go and look at the record books - its not like im making any of this up.

VE Elleegent is still a good horse though. Would be interesting to see how she would go in the 1990s when Aust racing was good at 1600m+

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

ratings smatings mate blah blah blah and soon it will be 2 all want a side bet on that??
    edited March 2021
    IDGAF about the overall i am talking about one horse and she is far better than a good horse LMFAO your biased i have no idea why are you an aussie or a ring in?
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    I wouldn’t jump the gun on that Thunder, Addeybb has improved 4 to 5 lengths on his first up run the last couple of preps where I think VE was at her top today.  Get another soft track and I think Addeybb will towel her up in the Queen Elisebeth and the best part is well likely get $3plus
  • PCPC    2,190 posts

IDGAF about the overall i am talking about one horse and she is far better than a good horse LMFAO your biased i have no idea why are you an aussie or a ring in?

I am only telling you facts. Everything I say on this forum is based on facts and I've said it for years on this forum...people on here know how I operate but you clearly don't get it....dont you.

Sadly your line of thinking is of one operating in a small silo. Aust racing is indeed part of the world racing circuit...whether you like it or not.

Finally, you say "ratings smatings".....would you be churning out the same response if VE was rated higher? All handicappers around the world (including Australia) rated Addeyyb accordingly and VE accordingly. Ratings is based on horse performance - not by the amount of G1's they win. The other fact is that ratings rule the roost in world racing....that is in every racing jurisdiction in the world. If you can come up with a better mechanism to assess horse performances then please do tell us.

That being said - VE is still a good horse. I just think Addeyyb is better. VE could may well beat Addeyyb again and if thats the case then the leger would be 2-2 which would be level pegging. There isn't much between the two. But I think you need to start acknowledging that Aust racing is not the only racing jurisdiction in the world that has good horses...

One other thing, I'm Aussie, I was born and in Perth and live in Perth. But I love Australian racing AND other racing around the world. Im not solely focused on one racing jurisdiction. For me world racing is where its at and I won't be veering off from it.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Your opinion is not fact
    available for side bets ...  :P 

PC seriously stuff your "small silo" dribble you have a boner for european racing but i don't so idgaf ;)
    Each to their own but i like and follow australian racing and australian greats, she is a champion here NO DOUBT.
    edited March 2021

I wouldn’t jump the gun on that Thunder, Addeybb has improved 4 to 5 lengths on his first up run the last couple of preps where I think VE was at her top today.  Get another soft track and I think Addeybb will towel her up in the Queen Elisebeth and the best part is well likely get $3plus

going to recoup you reckon after losing today are ya? she was pulling away late today whereas last year SAME RACE likely nearly SAME CONDITIONS the pommy horse pulled away late no??? she has improved markedly from last autumn take your blinkers off.
    VE had an unsuitable for her 4 week break so she will improve too.