G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

Emerald Rose.....WTF?

West Australian Racing
38 start maiden Emerald Rose today missed the kick by 3 lengths and was posted 3 and 4 wide the trip with no cover and wins. Please explain!

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    New trainer... they don’t call her the comeback Queen for nothing
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    hash said:

New trainer... they don’t call her the comeback Queen for nothing

Today was its 5th start for her. It hadn't done anything for her to suggest it was capable of that!
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    The trainer before her may have had something to do with it... wouldn’t be surprised to see them team up as a partnership in the near future
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Rodent said:

38 start maiden Emerald Rose today missed the kick by 3 lengths and was posted 3 and 4 wide the trip with no cover and wins. Please explain!

Bit harsh, add in the 10 4ths it has ran, that is 23 first fours finishes in 39 starts, of the 16 unplaced somer in Lited & Group races as a young horse. Plenty of worse ones going around, think it may be a bit shy of winning post.

One of the connections had 2 Maiden winners on the day, one being the Belmont Oaks
    Not worried that it won but worried about how it won.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Rodent said:

Not worried that it won but worried about how it won.

I just watched the replay. It didn't exactly brain them and it beat a bunch of very average horses. Not sure that it is totally worthy of it's own thread, this lowly win

thefalcon likes this post.

edited March 2021
    Horses with ability and starting odds on rarely could overcome missing the kick by 3 and travelling wide. The fact a 38 start maiden could do it more than raised my eyebrows.
    p.s it has been racing in ordinary fields for ages so not sure how relevant that is.

Manchild likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    felt good on the day, rodent.... X_X
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    There was no money for it it seems on TAB. Dont know about betfair...personally I threw it into the novelties based on last starts effort in a maiden at Esperance where it went down narrowly after flying home. Even the start before it came home well at 1400 and the jock was kind to it over the last 100m....a win didnt suprise but i guess its the manner in which it won. 
    Not sure any grounds to question the performance though, if that is whats being implied.

Flanders likes this post.