G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

SYDNEY STAKE MONEY

East Coast Racing
heard that as from 1st april there will be 10 races every saturday. all stake money for each standard race will be 135K, naturally all group etc races will have a higher prize.
hope its not an april fool joke...
must be booming in the harbour city...
+1 -1

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited March 2021
    that would be around double Perth $$ are we even at 70K? i must confess i don't pay any attention....

Did have a reasonable glance at Annabel Neasham's stable of budding gun's over there recently to see what might be available, their pricey yearlings nearly every one didnt see anything under a few hundred grand from memory and of the dozens listed maybe only about 3 not sold out..she is a popular lass.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    It is obscene the prizemoney. The slipper highlighted that over the weekend. 

I guess when owners are paying up $150 per day for training then they've got to get something back
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ the $150 would be the top stables, bomber. when you hear that waller has 140 employees and maher has 120 they would need to charge that amount.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Pretty sure Melbourne is in that prizemoney ballpark too..
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Had a couple in MEL recently - was $160 (plus GST).
    One came back on three legs, the other in a box X(
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    "all care no responsibility" I'm sure. Sorry to hear that
  • BucksBucks    158 posts
    With 140 staff you have to ask yourself how can someone like Chris Waller have his finger on the pulse of every single horse in his stable. Is it his intimate knowledge and tailored training schedule that he puts together for every single runner or is it directly linked with the sheer weight of numbers he's been able to accumulate?

I've heard Grant Williams say the same thing as Tivers about the condition of horses when sending them over east.

I would rather earn less prize money and pay less for training and the horse itself and go with a WA horse and a WA trainer.

Manchild, savethegame, thefalcon likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    The Sydney prizemoney increase was announced a few months ago on the Sydney centric,  Racenet site which serves as Peter V's personal promotion site, Falcon.

We are all waiting for the announcements from Racing Victoria as to how they will match NSW prizemoney.

Apparently RV have got a kitty with 70 million in it, so we can  expect some big increases.
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Unfortunately the increases will only get into the upper echelon of the industry, the Waller, Snowden, Cummings etc. The owners and trainers who need the increases, the ones out in the provincials and country areas, are going to miss out. For such a huge industry it is very disappointing that ALL participants dont get the opportunity to benefit from prize money increases.

savethegame, Manchild likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    The stake money increases that were announced by Racing NSW included increases to base stakes for all provincial and country meerings as well as metro Sycney
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    edited March 2021
    Bucks said:

With 140 staff you have to ask yourself how can someone like Chris Waller have his finger on the pulse of every single horse in his stable. Is it his intimate knowledge and tailored training schedule that he puts together for every single runner or is it directly linked with the sheer weight of numbers he's been able to accumulate?

I've heard Grant Williams say the same thing as Tivers about the condition of horses when sending them over east.

I would rather earn less prize money and pay less for training and the horse itself and go with a WA horse and a WA trainer.

I’ve come to the conclusion, with the exception of sending a whole stable over like Bob, you’re really wasting your time and money taking / sending horses over east.
    Just win what you can here until they’re high in the rankings (at which point there’s nothing here for them) and sell them.
    Let someone else deal with the east stuff.

H-BOMBER, thefalcon, Manchild likes this post.