0 Members & 48 Non Members

Good Friday - Ascot & Kal

West Australian Racing
Let’s have them.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    oh you philistine!! [-O<
  • TrainTrain    186 posts
    R1- ALLMAMONEY looks like she’ll get favourite punters off to a good start. Has yet to put in a bad run from four career starts including last start in a strong Saturday 3yo race. Stretched the neck of Magical Dream and beating Hot Zed and Indigo Blue and now finds herself in a small and limited line up. May look to hold the leaders back to avoid trouble and the mile looks to her liking. Price is very short but almost looks generous when you look down the page.

R2- BIG SCREEN has found the sprint trips a little sharp in his three career starts but has shown potential. Ran a handy race leading on debut before struggling against Saturday 3yos. Trialled enormous for his return in another Saturday 3yo race but wasn’t disgraced finishing around some talented types. Comes back into an all age maiden and jumps straight to 1500 where he should be able to lead comfortably and control the race.

R3- BE OPTIMISTIC wouldn’t have looked out of place in the Karrakatta but finds a more suitable race as she likely doesn’t gain a start. Was a game third in the Magic Millions Classic two back when working to get outside the leader before another brave effort in the Gimcrack when midfield. Now faces midweek 2yos and gets 1400 which should suit her down to the ground. The wide barrier makes things tricky but she can roll forward and is tough.

R4- SNIP’N’TUCK was good enough first up at 1400. Her two trials prior were quiet but looked nice and second up at 1600 she should be open to plenty of improvement. Gets a chance to race more forward drawn wide in a race with little tempo which should suit as she is a little one paced but looks to have come on from her initial campaign. Will likely be better over even further but gets her chance in a weak mile race.

R5- Best Bet: KORANIS has put two really good runs together since being ridden forward. Two back he made No Apology really work to get past him when nosed out and they gapped third. Last start was forced to chase a brutal speed towing up the field to the leader before going straight past that leader and winning with authority. Back out to 1800 looks the minor test but he’ll be right on top of the speed again and gets his chance to go back to back.

R6- JUST A PINCH looks the real class runner in this field. Has some quality 3yo form behind Madam Torio, Brooklyn Pier, Acromantula and Chantorque. That is leaps and bounds better than her rivals and she hardly ran a bad race behind any of those listed. Great use of Dhurun’s claim and with the apprentice on expect them to come out running from the wide draw which should suit her as too should the 1000m trip.

R7- QUEEN TAKES KING proved herself as a real stayer winning with 60.5kg over 2400 last start. She got a lovely run in transit but was good to see her do it after a strange and interrupted campaign. Meets a stronger field here but get a little weight relief and comes back 200m. Brad Rawiller is riding in outstanding form at the minute and will need to ride another good race from the wide draw but if she can find any luck in running she looks hard to beat.

R8- MEDIA BARON has been racing well with limited luck through the primary form races for this. Ran the fastest last 600 outside of SAMIZDAT in the Pinjarra Classic before finishing off well in both the Bunbury Stakes and Grandstand Cup when running into backsides at various stages in the straight. Won this race last year when in grand winning form and he seems to be going just as well this year. The smaller field helps here.

R9- KING’S AUTHORITY has been in good form like the entire stable of late. Flew and just missed runner-up Esperance horse of the year Arsinoe before coming to town and looking home before being gunned down by an inform Downforce. Won over 1000m two back for Laqdar before racing without luck again over 1000 in a strong class three. Gets back out to 1200 here from a low draw which look big positives as does Laqdar getting back on. Drops weight up in the grade but the race looks weaker.

Better find one at Kal for the holidays
    Kal R2- ANOTHER DEMON has looked back to his best at his last two when jumping clean. Should lead these up at a very moderate tempo and can give a big kick. 64+ grade is absolutely perfect for him there just aren’t a lot on the calendar.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited April 2021
    R3 Kempy Gold should relish 1400.
    R4 Main Engine(will wait and see if American Grin franks the form in R2)
    R5 Sheikh It, query on the gap between runs but will trust dmac and assume the horse has had enough work, if so should be ready to produce.

Agree with the tip for Media Baron, one key ingredient missing again(pilot)but today at 1600 he should be steaming late trouble is he will have some company in a busy finish.
    Pretty handy field and quite an appealing race really.Arctic Stream can also figure at his best and i've dismissed Serenity Bay possibly at my peril.

R9 King's Authority can win more races now the city duck has been broken(still think 1400 would suit if they persisted for more than one try anyway...)but i've gone with one at better value which is more of a spec that horse is He's A Gunslinger first up.Sticky gate so maybe they try and trail OR Mcnaught could ping the gates and breeze or even lead which is more it's pattern.Trainer and jock are due a win, trainer at least has a decent winning strike rate.

To follow the trend a couple at Kal, R3 Knight Tempest and a spec in R6 on Busy One, quite possibly leads and should give a sight with 52.

Beers bets(lots of both)and plenty of League or Afl on it's how Easter Friday should be goddamit 
    :D

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• SeagullSeagull    39 posts
    Ascot Good Friday BB’s: Allmamoney, American Grin, Lady of Babylon, Winsalot, Rock This Country, Unending, Admiral Promo, Imprudent, Queen Takes King, Final Chill, Great Waters, Samizdat (best), Blankenberge.
    Hmm two of Martin Allan's 3 runners have been scratched including He's A Gunslinger late...
    i've had my peepers on media baron for a few weeks...today could be the day..... :-\"

thanks for the great preview, train. you are going to be a busy boy with ascot again tomorrow.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    R9 Best and only bet is No Mean Feet. Folded very close to the finish last start. Fitter now.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    No one can bump us off Sky 1 today. No one.
    Staples Again gets posted 3 wide in a very small field...  8-} why i remember is because probably the last time i backed her was at Gero 18/2 when she replicated this shitshow.

Gilgamesh, thefalcon likes this post.

• WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Just watched knight tempest sits 3 wide the trip in a 5 horse field and gets beat online give me a spell i am not a jockey but really mmmm.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Just watched knight tempest sits 3 wide the trip in a 5 horse field and gets beat online give me a spell i am not a jockey but really mmmm.

Even if she just rode it with a bit more vigor from the 400 to the 200 it would have won, just happy to pick up the riding fee.
    edited April 2021
    i need to get her number so i can gauge when she is going to ride one well  :)) seriously not good enough so i shouldn't be laughing but it stops me swearing more...
    How is Guarded $2
    Tyla getting a Kal leg up by the looks
    Good to see the Klun stable chalk one up

hash, Gray likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Train back on track
    Great start!
    i've got a tattoo "do not back a staples".... :-B
    7/7 winners ridden by women at Kal hats off to them.
    Gee pike has lengths on these jockeys  red hot tip give me a spell.
    $-)
    Arctic stream beat all these horses  home at bunbury  and cant run a place looked great  behind gate give me a spell.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Media Barron loyalty punters step up to the plate. Well done @thunder.

Arctic stream beat all these horses  home at bunbury  and cant run a place looked great  behind gate give me a spell.

mate..how many tips for MB do you want lol check train's tips maybe just follow him rather than your own? lol

Media Barron loyalty punters step up to the plate. Well done @thunder.

he is back mate  ;)
    Ok champ  cheers for that advice u do know it beat that horse home at bunbury was first up should have been fitter looked good backed in market the winner drifted so in my view was very average.run but cheers.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2021
    Train in dynamic form.

your welcome, just trying to help as you seem to need it lol 
    Cheers all good thats punting Train going good.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    My old mat Zack has got me out of a big hole.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Me too!

Rodent likes this post.