G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members
R1- REQUISITION is in great form and loves 1000m. Has been placed at each of his last five runs including a strong win over subsequent winner Westernize three back. Has bumped into a couple of talented mares his last two in Miss Conteki and Amasenus which stacks up fantastically in this. Can sit close from the gate without being wide like he often finds himself and looks hard to knock.

R2- Best Bet: ISEERED ISEERED gets his chance to stalk what should be a genuine tempo set by Spiced Delight. Bolted in last start when allowed to control the race and showed a real turn of foot to run the fastest last 600 outside of smart filly Miss Vasari. Took a sit of a moderate speed two back and ran the fastest last 600 against a similar field to this. Should be able to find the leaders back here and if he gets a split he is electric.

R3- SPECIAL VIEW has been unbeaten since joining the Ballantyne yard. Ex Peters horse who trialled well for the new stable and bolted in at 1216 first up despite getting lost at the cutaway. Went straight to 1690 second up and bolted in again. Has looked to appreciate being ridden forward and should roll forward again to find the breeze. Like the step back to 1400 here as it should allow him to be strongest in the finish.

R4- CUBALLING never looked comfortable back at 1000m last start in a strong 66+ event. Was a two time winner including a win in this grade two back when able to show a powerful turn of foot after looking in trouble. 1200 looks a good move after last start and from barrier five he should get a nice run in transit without getting too far back. Continues to look well placed in this grade after Corver’s claim.

R5- CLAIRVOYANCE will be the star attraction on Karrakatta Plate day. Was an all in favourite for the Winterbottom at one stage after producing some outstanding speed figures from her four runs to date. She travels so sweetly in her races she looks like she’s going slow which is dangerous for rivals. Her recent trial, although over 400, was brilliant and provided she jumps clean she can put on a show for patrons.

R6- COCKYJOY may have to work to find a spot but is racing in good form. Third in a Pearl Classic, within 6L of the winner in the Pinjarra Classic, winner in this grade and an unlucky third in a strong 72+. Has been sitting at her recent starts but from a wide gate on a track that should suit leaders suspect they may come out running to find the breeze or even lead if they have to. From there she should run another honest race.

R7- NO APOLOGY had been racing well and got a well deserved win last start. That was a determined effort to gun down the leader who had skipped clear in Koranis who is a subsequent winner. From the wide gate his chances look like coming down to whether they go forward or back. They went forward from a wide gate in this grade two back when placed so expect they do the same here. Without much other tempo in the race he can call the shots and that suits.

R8- HE’S GOLD is bulletproof. He jumps, runs and saves something to be strong to the line. Has already proved himself at 1200 two back when bolting in before a determined effort to hold out Storm Whisper the whole length of the straight in the Perth Stakes. From barrier four he gets first crack at the fence and don’t think he’ll be handing up. Pateman elects to ride him over Spin The Knife and that looks a big sign.

R9- LUKE’S GOLD comes from the Bunbury Stakes and Grandstand Cup which are strong form for this 78+. Ran third in both of those events despite being wide the trip in both and draws to get a softer run in this. They should go pretty quick in this with Wrinkly engaged which allows him to show his turn of foot rather than grinding to the line. Rarely runs a bad race and he deserves another win the way he’s going.
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33, H-BOMBER likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2021
    Just the one race and it’s two of them each way at a bit of odds in the Karrakatta.

Spin The Knife - Jason Brown good Collingwood supporter and like the Pies needs a bit of luck to win this but can!
    And
    Hoi An - Clint Johnston-Porter in top form yesterday @Thunderstruck, a convincing winner of the Jockey Challenge with 10 or 11 points. Classy hoop that fella.

Ridersonthestorm33 dislikes this post.

edited April 2021
    Just one more for a place only. Race 5.

Went terribly last start, but been consistent and just the 8 runners with a long odds on favourite, barrier one might help and forgive for one bad run at Bunbury, back to Ascot.

Around $3.50 for the drum - Plutocracy.

Ridersonthestorm33 dislikes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Happy Karrakatta day

Scooters Machine $6.50
    Sassy Trader $5.50
    Standout Rose $6.00
    Prized Nemesis $9.50
    Clairvoyance $1.45 (best)
    Yadreamin $34.00 (best each way)
    No Apology $6.00
    Policiere $12.00
    Watch Me Dance $5.00

Quaddies

Early
    1-2-5-6-8
    1-3-5-7-11
    3-6-7

Late
    4-6-7-9-10
    2-3-6
    2-3-6-8-10-11-13-15
    2-3-5-6-11

Good luck all

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• SeagullSeagull    39 posts
    edited April 2021
    Ascot BB’s: Requisition, Iseered Iseered, Standout Rose, Nobel Laurence, Denim Pack, Prized Nemesis, Cuballing, Pletto, No Apology, Trump This, Liwa, Watch Me Dance, Jericho Missile, Tycoon Storm. Good punting
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Anyone that is a follower of Shooter McGruddy that’s backed any of his rides already is in for disappointment as it looks like he’s being replaced on all his rides today, 1 of my 3 bets today was Export Man (not happy) #-o
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    I agree with Train, am sticking with He's Gold again in the big one..very open race.

Martin Allan scr from yesterday with Spiced Delight to run in R2 against some handy ones, fantastic trial he sure must have an opinion of her.Iseered Iseered hardest to beat tipping Mitch Pateman will have a decent day.

R3 Nobel Laurence can win again.

Great to see Clairvoyance back should give them a galloping lesson best of luck with her Team Dmac.

R6 can't ignore Tinsnip's flashing light run hopefully the Hyphenator(like his nickname @riders?)
    redeems on him today.

I see Seagull is on the Trump This train welcome aboard, Mcnaught will be back last(just not as far off them as last time that was ridiculous)and launching down the middle hopefully, again Mitch rides the biggest danger and i will be throwing Bonneville Black in a Tri.

Last chance saloon for Not To Be Mist in the lucky last, will need a little luck hope CJP can win one for me today if not two please.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    the falcon is patient...he'll swoop on liwa and jerico missile....hopefully  :!!
    edited April 2021
    Yes @thunder and was looking up some nicknames for hoops the other day, and Luke “Sausage” Rolls in NSW was one didn’t know.

Jason “Stubby” Holder. That’s been a great one.Paul King - the duck another ripper from the past.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Sky 2 split screen with a  race from Riverton and no sound. FFS!
    WISH i had of backed up on River Beau, won that fair and square as far as i could see.
    Yep exactly. No excuses on first glance.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Cue Whatisthepoint

Thunderstruck, H-BOMBER likes this post.

LOL yep...
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    More the surprise River Beau three-deep the trip.
    wow..there are some err journey horses(code for camels)winning at Atomic Ascot
    how they bet 7 bucks river beau i'll never know....the fave was a huge risk, first up after a long lay-off, a lot of talk when she first went out, has never met this class and has never won 1200m.
    All valid points AFTER the race =D> :-\"
    lol except for 2 of the 3 points..the race was 1100 and she has won at 1200 how many you had Falco  :P

thefalcon likes this post.

hash said:

Anyone that is a follower of Shooter McGruddy that’s backed any of his rides already is in for disappointment as it looks like he’s being replaced on all his rides today, 1 of my 3 bets today was Export Man (not happy) #-o

Still not happy?

hash likes this post.

He's Gold was bulletproof until today...maybe an issue but gave up very quickly.
    Liwa.... X_X
    it will be worse if jerico missile wins the last...had an all-up....
    ~X(
    You were unlucky mate, thought it was home
    edited April 2021
    Jim Taylor, Ash Maley and Steve Wolfe trained the three rough ones in a row at 20/1+ three hard working blokes if there’s ever been.

Fair dinkum looked at Majinika didn’t have much luck at the midweek last run, but nah not that smart.

Two liked in the Karrakatta Spin The Knife and Hoi An not much to report there.

Plutocracy think if the rails run could had have come immediately may have run third, he wasn’t too bad close up in fourth spot. Just a battler, does his best.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Tipped Black Shadow on here last start and followed up today, Lovely Jubbly  \:D/

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    I don’t think anyone could convince me that Black Shadow was a place chance let alone a winning chance today.

why didn't you chuck it out today, slip.... [-X

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited April 2021
    Point taken but I had other priorities today Falcon. Lunchtime wedding to attend.  I didn't see the race live I had to record it. Have watched the replay a few times  :D

Great ride by Jason 'living the dream' Brown
    edited April 2021
    No offence gents but lets make it an Easter resolution - no more winning tips AFTER the event. We’d all be millionaires.

Never read on PTT as much as have lately great wins after the race. Give it up.

thefalcon, Thunderstruck, spinking likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    One hell of ride Troy Turnrr missed kick,but somehow got off fence, and was able to pounce the last bit.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

thefalcon dislikes this post.

edited April 2021
    Haven’t seen replay but when missed the kick thought that’s one that won’t be winning.

Another time said that was Belle De Joure in a Golden Slipper how it won still don’t know. Bungled it badly.