G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
After some atrocious selections lately, time for another throw at the stumps on a 12/1 chance. Been in good form down the great southern this horse, whether up to them today will find out, but mostly place: Race 5 - Starauthoress.

Gets back in the ruck and need luck even if up to them, but owes nothing so will come in again without being super confident.

Been training down in Albany since the early 80s ol Peter Western, one he brought up to Perth in recent years and can recall winning the last race midweek at Belmont Park at about 14/1 was named Jagabout.

Trained a horse by the name of Pennyweight Point late 90’s and pretty sure that won a Lee Steere Stakes with or something like that with Jim Cassidy aboard. Over the decades brought the occasional runner up to Bunbury or Pinjarra or city and they have acquitted themselves alright on occasions.

Comments

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Riders Penny weight point was G.Harper for the major part of his career.But P. Western can one to run.

Riders Penny weight point was G.Harper for the major part of his career.But P. Western can get one to run.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2021
    Yeah stg i remember Greg Harper had it as well, but Peter Western trained it in 1998 when won the Lee Steere ?

I can just vaguely remember it and all the official records show Peter Western/Jim Cassidy combination for the Lee Steere victory.

savethegame likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Look up Racenet 1998 Lee Steere Stakes results, or trainer Peter Western and his biggest win is showing as Lee Steere Stakes 1998 - Pennyweight Point, don’t worry i was surprised too, but just have a remote memory of it from 20 odd years ago.

If asked me beforehand has Peter Western trained a Lee Steere winner would’ve said not that i know of. The records show differently.
    Anything before 2000 records all over the shop Even racing Australia has Russell Cameron as the trainer the biggest punter in WA owned it J Riccardo going nuts if Harper didn't have it sure they brought Cassidy over
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I can guarantee Pennyweight Point was trained by Greg Harper to win the Lee Steere.

Manchild likes this post.

Steven Parnham has to get suspended if there is any consistency. He sat up on Tibetan Black and cost it 4th place.  [-X
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ nah, he's from racing royalty....

by the way, where have they got the horses from today...i have never heard f one of them?
    :-??
    edited April 2021
    Second rank outsider on tabtouch fixed was 25/1 and that ran 3rd then out to 150/1 for winner Richie Richardson!
    SP'd at $300 on Betfair. I wasn't on  :((

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    big fluke clearly but it had some ok wet form..and that track is getting wetter than a nuns.....

would have thought you had something on it Rodent, uppercut yaself? 

big fluke clearly but it had some ok wet form..and that track is getting wetter than a nuns.....

would have thought you had something on it Rodent, uppercut yaself? 
    You would have thought so but I didn't even have a price for it. I had the topweight one out in the quaddy after getting the first leg with just 2 picks. Went wide in the last 2 legs so no doubt Richardson has cost me the quaddy. Hopefully 2 favourites win the last 2 so I don't neck myself.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Not even @slip will rock in and say he was on that!

Yeah stg, those records before 2000 seem to be all over the shop. How they got Peter Western mixed up with Greg Harper hmmmmm.

Thunderstruck, savethegame likes this post.

Yeah stg, those records before 2000 seem to be all over the shop. How they got Peter Western mixed up with Greg Harper hmmmmm.

Western was probably the last trainer it had as its last 2 starts were at Albany.

Ridersonthestorm33, savethegame likes this post.

As for Starauthoress back to the deep south, wasn’t too bad in a congested finish. Being kind.
    beware Juliette, think it likes juice in the track too...

The dice was loaded from the start.

curmudgeon likes this post.

Would have had the quaddy for 100% if Richardson had weighed in light. Would have paid north of 3k easily  :((
    Rodent said:

I liked the winner but changed lol not....
    Thought she might end up taking the cutaway which wasn't a worry but went through the guts and looked to not get a lot of room..oh well, hard to catch is Lucy for me anyway.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Not to self, throw Greg Carige horses into the quaddie at the moment.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Rodent said:

you nearly gave me a heart attack
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited April 2021

Since you mentioned it Riders.......Yes he will.

8 - Richardson

Race No
    Meeting
    Bunbury
    Bet Type
    Win & Place - Fixed
    Go To Race
    Proj. Pay
    Cost
    $126.00 W
    $630.00
    $5.00
    $19.00 P
    $190.00
    $10.00
    Total Cost
    $15.00
    \:D/ \:D/
    Hahaha winners are grinners, or he who laughs last, laughs best.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Since you mentioned it Riders.......Yes he will.

8 - Richardson

Race No
    Meeting
    Bunbury
    Bet Type
    Win & Place - Fixed
    Go To Race
    Proj. Pay
    Cost
    $126.00 W
    $630.00
    $5.00
    $19.00 P
    $190.00
    $10.00
    Total Cost
    $15.00
    \:D/ \:D/
    It SP'd at 300s on Betfair. You would have won a lot more there. Great get but taking such unders hurts the bottom line.
    I should mention my post wasn't meant to be a brag about the wager it was just a reply to Riders comment and I presumed Riders may have required proof after his recent post regarding Rodent at least posting certain results. If not for Riders comment re the roughie and myself you would have been none the wiser as I wouldn't have mentioned it on the forum.

savethegame, JayJay likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Taking unders? How do you know he didn’t have it labelled a 20/1 shot?
    Correct me if I’m wrong but backing anything a triple figures regardless of it’s true price definitely wouldn’t hurt anyone

hash said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but backing anything a triple figures regardless of it’s true price definitely wouldn’t hurt anyone

Unders relative to what's available not relative to its winning chances. Who in their right mind doesn't want the best return available for all their winners?

hash said:

Hash you are near enough correct I thought it was $26 or $40 at max. The starting price was ridiculous.

Rodent you have to be on Betfair to begin with and I'm not and anyway you can't always wait around for the longest price you can get. There are occasions when you have no option but to place bets earlier.

hash said:

Hash you are near enough correct I thought it was $26 or $40 at max. The starting price was ridiculous.

Rodent you have to be on Betfair to begin with and I'm not and anyway you can't always wait around for the longest price you can get. There are occasions when you have no option but to place bets earlier.
    You can place Betfair SP bets early. Roughies always seem to pay better on the fair.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, Manchild likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Just to clarify - never once did i post a single word about @rodent...and quote “at least posting certain results” never said boo about that at all.

My comment was.
    “No offence gents but let’s make it a New Years resolution no more winning tips AFTER the event. We’d all be millionaires. Never read on PTT as much have lately about great wins after the race. Give it up”.

That was my only comment on the matter. If going to mention that stuff about @Rodent at least attribute to the correct poster.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, thefalcon likes this post.