G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members
R1- Best Bet: SPICED DELIGHT led up Saturday 3yos at her first start in a year when tiring late for fourth last start. She’s always liked a better horse in blinkers so was strange to see them come off for the first up run and she looked a lot flatter in the straight. Now comes back to a the midweeks and back to 1000, drawn one to lead soft. Her recent trial with the blinkers on was awesome and the second horse who was beaten 4L went close on debut.

R2- SHEZACLASSYCHIX has been looking for longer trips and gets that here. Was nearly put through the fence on debut when he loomed to play a part before being stopped in her tracks. Last start she found herself last in Saturday grade but was able to charge up the rail for fourth. Looks well placed back into a maiden, drawn the middle of the line and pike sticks.

R3- KASANORI has trialled like a horse that won’t be a maiden for long at each of his two trials. Has showed gate speed in both trials before dragging back to near last and showing there’s something under the hood. In the first trial he was taken to the outside and pulling lengths off the winner in the straight before in his recent trial finding traffic before stretching Billy Ray. Drawn barrier three expect they try and hold a spot and that should see him hard to beat.

R4- FOREST WAR brings some seriously good form into a strong class one field. First up two preps ago he dropped Indian Pacific and won with a leg in the air and last prep finished within a Length of Platinum bullet and Resortman first up and produced big figures in doing so. 61.5kg is the unknown for him but he deserves it from his performances and he can likely sit deep over 1000m and still be too good.

R5- BIG SCREEN looked like he wanted further and showed that was the case last start. Stepped straight from 1000m to 1500 second up in his campaign but relaxed in the run and rolled through his gears nicely from the 600 before running away from his rivals for an easy win. Out to 1600 here looks better again and he should be much fitter to tackle a harder race. Barrier eleven isn’t a massive issue for him as he should be able to take his time and cross under his own steam.

R6- COME RIGHT BACK is a the progressive horse in this field and looks like winning better races very soon. Won a similar race to this first up off the back of some nice trials when coming to the outside at Bunbury which is a big disadvantage. Was still much too good and back to town on what should be a much fairer track he can sit wide with cover midfield and make himself hard to beat again even with 61kg.

R7- CRYSTAL VALLEY has been good at his two runs past 2000m this prep. Couldn’t get into the race at the right time two back in a fast run race but still found the line nicely before chasing home FINAL CHILL, who he meets again here, from near last on the turn when second last start. Gets a 1kg weight swing on that galloper here and draws to sit a touch closer to him in the run and the rise to 2400 looks a positive.

R8- STELLAR VISTA looks like she may have a touch of class on this field. Showed a powerful turn of foot to win a maiden on debut before chasing home Billy Ain’t Silly in a quality 3yo race. She beat home Standout Rose, Indigo Blue and Chiclett in that race who would all be incredibly hard to beat in a class three. She looks like getting a long way back but if the field bunches and she’s three deep with cover she should prove too strong.
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Just race 7 - place only - the two Friars by Blackfriars - 60 places Frequent Friar and 40 places Friar Away.

They both been around the mark, hopefully one of them can lob into the money.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    what about  friars fantasia in race 6 ? :)]
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Yep Friars Fantasia some chance was ok at Bunbury and also Great Charade been going very well too.
  • trevydardstrevydards    652 posts
    Geez Billy Ray was stiff how can you dismiss that the winner shifts out about 3 horses and stops Billy Ray completely? Zero balls to make any sort of decision. 

hash likes this post.

• SquiddySquiddy    89 posts
    Being one of bobs I would have thought it would be upheld
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts

Geez Billy Ray was stiff how can you dismiss that the winner shifts out about 3 horses and stops Billy Ray completely? Zero balls to make any sort of decision. 

Billy Ray probably ran in so had some part in the interference. He'd been under the pump for a long way and was coming to the end of his run when he got checked in my opinion.

Yankee likes this post.

hash dislikes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    edited April 2021
    Rodent said:

Billy Ray probably ran in so had some part in the interference. He'd been under the pump for a long way and was coming to the end of his run when he got checked in my opinion.

Are you on a retainer with PTT to create additional debate? Because I couldn't disagree with your post enough and am stunned that someone with your level of knowledge would say this
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Squiddy said:

Being one of bobs I would have thought it would be upheld

If it was a blacktype race then you could be guaranteed of it you’d think

Link to an interview from Julio about how the stewards came to the decision of dismissing the protest

https://twitter.com/theraceswa/status/1382270476781645825?s=21
    ^^ i'm sure chris brown is an ex-copper, i've not heard such "cop speech" from a civvie before.. :-B
    He is also a musician/dancer in his spare time aswell falc... have you not heard?
    thefalcon said:

^^ i'm sure chris brown is an ex-copper, i've not heard such "cop speech" from a civvie before.. :-B

Zero eye contact throughout as well I noticed.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    hash said:

He is also a musician/dancer in his spare time aswell falc... have you not heard?

Loves silk sheets and walks along the beach as well?
    Too much talking through one's kick. Initial shift of winner irrelevant. Beginning of the second shift legal as nothing impeded. Becomes a problem when Billy Ray zooms up but because BR runs in, it contributes to the interference. I would apportion 2/3 of the blame to winner and 1/3 to Billy Ray. Winning margin too great to uphold in those circumstances. 
     The stewards got it 100% right in my book.
     I'm trying to be objective but in the interests of full disclosure, I was on the winner.
    Rodent said:

Too much talking through one's kick. Initial shift of winner irrelevant. Beginning of the second shift legal as nothing impeded. Becomes a problem when Billy Ray zooms up but because BR runs in, it contributes to the interference. I would apportion 2/3 of the blame to winner and 1/3 to Billy Ray. Winning margin too great to uphold in those circumstances. 

The stewards got it 100% right in my book.
     I'm trying to be objective but in the interests of full disclosure, I was on the winner.
    My post was towards your statement about Billy Ray's run having come to an end. Still can't believe that you think that!
    I had no bet so don't care either way.
    hashie, you know the ins and outs of every damn figure in W.A. racing...
    wonder you did not know about the silk sheets and who he beach walks with...
    :-\"
    @Flanders I retract that statement. I can't believe I wrote that either! Talking through my kick  ;)

Flanders likes this post.