G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 21 Non Members

Albany Thursday

West Australian Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
Often a bit tricky in the great southern, especially the 1900 metre races but throwing caution to the wind and just two in the last race only play of the day - keen on War Class and Juliette.

Been a bit hit and miss War Class but think another win still there for the taking, seen him run some pretty serviceable races on occasions.

Juliette she was ok at Bunbury on the improve and with the good trainer/jockey combo can play a big part in the finish.

Very wide open race just the same, looks to be six or seven winning chances, should be at least 5/1 the field.
+1 -1

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    good luck mate, i backed Juliette last start myself have not checked the track conditions yet but soft ground wouldnt hurt for her.$6 gee they don't give much away do they.

Don't forget to cast the eyes over Geraldton later in the week champ 
    ;)

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• tomtom    76 posts
    2 bets for me fairly confident too Yoyos in the first and My Names Star in the 3rd Good Luck

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2021
    Bit worried about that 25/1 hope in the last @thunder - Toru Waimarie - two starts ago placed in the Mt Barker Cup then last effort very ordinary. Might have a saver on it at around those odds.

Justin Warwick continues to step Juliette up in distance, had sprint form in NZ. Think he’ll have the mare spot on to tackle the 1900.

War Class a day of reckoning for him - a perfect race to come back into winning form.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Thought Senso an excellent each way shot in the small field.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    First race a 4 horse field. 4th favourite wins. Amazing how often this happens.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ it sure does, rodent...
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Rodent said:

Was mentioned the winner was favourite on fixed odds when they on the way to the start. I had backed it at $2.85 and had to go again at $4.20, and then still got out to $4.40. Cannot fathom why, had best form in the race.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I was too slow to get it but someone offered $18 in the run Kia Ora Star  @-)
    H-BOMBER said:

Ran like a tired horse, or one that enjoys a gallop between sprinting journeys.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    2nd & 3rd Juliette & War Class - commonly known as close but no cigar. Both ran quite well. Chris Parnham too good on the winner getting out to $9.50 fixed.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Rodent said:

It was the fav in early markets at one stage
    Hence the callers comment after it passed the winning post re the horses price and how he couldn’t believe it
    H-BOMBER said:

H-BOMBER said:

Ran like a tired horse, or one that enjoys a gallop between sprinting journeys.

Seems the latter was the case. Back to 1100m wins today at $12