G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 36 Non Members
Wasn’t on today mainly because I wasn’t following the meet due to work but good on the kid.  Have been watching him in the trials and biggest compliment I can say is he rides like Pike.  I reckon I can always pick Willie in a field even if I don’t know what colours he’s in because he gets so low and is so still in the saddle.  Jett looks very similar in his trials, not trying to say he’ll be as good as Pikey but I’ll be following and more than happy to back him especially with the claim
+1 -1

thefalcon likes this post.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Saw the post race on Twitter. Sensational stuff. His dream has come true
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    edited April 2021
    Just saw some interviews and videos after the win. Emotional stuff. Great to see.
    Coincidentally I had some dust in my eyes whilst watching

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Sand for me

Flanders likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Agree with all the comments above.
    What a moment for the kid. Shame his parents and sisters weren’t allowed on course to share in the excitement. 
    And yes....I teared up too.

thefalcon likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Were pretty thin on apprentices,since Chris Parnham,Jade McNaught,CJP, Jade McNaught,Jordon Turner,Chloe Azzopardi,but how long will he stay here before he is lured back over East.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited April 2021
    We must be slim Glamour as according to you there are two Jade McNaughts  ;))

GLAMOUR, Manchild, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Bomber1Bomber1    16 posts
    Got a couple of nice rides on Wednesday
    I agree he doe's sit on nice.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    are you 3 guys fair dinkum? getting all emotional when a young fella, probably born on a saddle rides his first winner.
    i get a bit of dust in my glass eye when i see those poor bas*ards in India...
  • RexRex    397 posts
    I think the kid sits on ok but still has a long way to go. They all take time to get into the rhythm of race riding but reports are that he is a good worker and keen to learn. Lets see where he is at in 12 months time.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    he's taller than his Dad now, might be a struggle to stay in the game for an extended time

Nevershowsurprise, JimmyPop likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

he's taller than his Dad now, might be a struggle to stay in the game for an extended time

First thing i thought when i saw him. Very tall for a jock
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts

He knows his time is limited Piston, that’s why the camp were so emotional after his first win. Doubly so because his bestie Ed Corstens got time off school to fly across from Melbourne and strap the horse.

JimmyPop, savethegame likes this post.

steve arnold was very tall and he was still riding well into his 30's....its all diet and exercise.

young Ed strapping...i thought you had to be licenced.....just a thought.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    thefalcon said:

young Ed strapping...i thought you had to be licenced.....just a thought.
    Fair chance with a last name Corstens, he would have a strappers ticket Falc
    pharque, i'll be in for it when NSS reads this thread... :-w
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    thefalcon said:

pharque, i'll be in for it when NSS reads this thread... :-w

=))  =))  :-j
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Very lucky boy. He stopped riding Miss Maranta, luckily she held 2nd. The stewards will have to admonish the kid.

Manchild, Rex likes this post.