G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 2 Non Members

Belmont 12/6/21

West Australian Racing
R1- Best Bet: EXPRESS TIME looks a class above Westspeed 58+ opposition. Her trial when allowed to roll was very good but was held back to the field in a 66+ first up behind Amasenus. That was a quality line up and although finishing ninth she was actually a pretty good effort to be beaten less than 3L. Looks like finding the front by default here and if they let her run like in the trial it looks her race to lose.

R2- GUARD THE SAFE comes from the Same race as the two other favourites but has a few things in his favour. All three were good runs and siding with the horse I feel has the most ability. Is still very raw but has been drawing low which doesn’t really suit him. Barrier three out of seven should allow him to avoid being stuck on the fence and feel that can be the key to him breaking through.

R3- SHE’S GOD TO YOU is a talented, foolproof filly. She jumps, races on speed and can sustain a high cruising speed. Showcased all of that second up when beating a quality 3yo field in slick time before being ridden conservatively from an outside gate two back and hitting the line okay. Ran third in the Raconteur last week finishing within 3L of Graceful Girl and Billy Ain’t Silly. Super form for a race like this.

R4- BLOW ME OUT has been going okay since returning this prep but has shown she’s better than that in the past. Finished off okay in a fast race first up before hitting the line fairly when third in a race dominated by those on speed. Gets blinkers and a lugging bit added which improved a stablemate earlier in the week and draws a gate to sit a little closer. Should get a decent speed here to help her really let down here.

R5- PULI beat a strong 60+ field last when fighting all the way to the line. Did so with 60kg and running good time so although now having to carry 62kg he looks more than capable. Ran third in a class five first up but did clear out from fourth and has always promised to go through the grades. Will need to jump quick to hold the fence but can handle the pressure he’ll likely face. Looking for two on the bounce and this looks easier than what he beat last start.

R6- NERODIO proved what he can do back at Belmont last start. Ran three good placings at Ascot at the start of his campaign before a strong last start win at his pet track/trip. Was able to sit just in behind the speed, copped a little squeeze into the turn but let down powerfully when asked for an effort to win well. Looks like he may find the one one again and from there will look to go four from four at the Belmont 1000.

R7- NOT TO BE MIST has refound since a couple of gear changes three back. Won the race three back beating talented 3yo filly Watch Me Dance before an okay performance when breezing. Last start was finishing off well behind another top 3yo in Billy Ain’t Silly in a fast run mile. Like the three weeks between runs for this race and looks like getting a soft run midfield with cover. Has proven he can run well off a fast or slow speed. Interesting to see which he gets here.

R8- THE VELVET KING was ultra impressive first up in the Belmont Sprint. Elected to bypass the Roma Cup for a third trial prior to the run and was still able to sit over the top of a cracking speed and run a good final section. Took a little bit to hit top gear in the straight but once he got going he left them standing. The tempo doesn’t look as strong here but he is versatile and from the low gate should again find himself in the first four. Any overnight rain is a big bonus.

R9- LADY DUCKWORTH is looking to make it four on the bounce and remain undefeated at 2000+. Won a shocking Bunbury maiden in the wrong part of the track before belting a class one field by 5L. Was a month and a half between runs last start at 2100, although had trialled, but was impressive. Got shuffled back along the fence and had to pick up quickly. Looks a horse who will be suited from a wide gate here so she’ll get racing room and is from a family of winners.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    The Spruiker
    Apollo
    Panzdown
    Valour Road
    Decoy Noxious
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Reckon the Velvet King is a good thing, best of the day anywhere at the price.

The main man Mitch also rides Puli today, very interested to see how he navigates this galloper with that serious impost.Guess connections prefer not to claim we will see what sort of a judge Darren Taylor is.. i would ove to see him win again, there will be some pressure on speed as Train said but he should be able hold the front and kick boy...KICK!
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    That’s interesting thunder because whilst has to be a definite winning hope reckon he’s way too short and I’d actually be risking!

Terrific race that on an average day, field sizes - when is something going to be done ?!!

Saturday 14-16 horse fields - get them back.
    edited June 2021
    Think the “value” runners are Valour Road, Dig Deep, and Dance Music.
    The best roughies - Come Play With Me and Uni Time.

If Kay Cee and The Sunshine Band wins I’ll walk to China! Just 7/1 sheeeeeeesh. ( Will get one of them wrong one day, gone close a few times haha ).
    edited June 2021
    If you’d told me that Come Play With Me might one day win a Group One Metropolitan Handicap would’ve said i’d walk to Chile and China if that happens.

33/1 today and not the worst, wouldn’t leave out of first four calculations anyway. Just the Durant factor there.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Bit of Nev today for the breaky start.

Holy Ghost
    Kaycee

Best: Naughty By Nature
    Did hear Nev say on radio that this was an afterthought for Express Time because it would get the lead
    Throw City Circle into the mix too
    edited June 2021

That’s interesting thunder because whilst has to be a definite winning hope reckon he’s way too short and I’d actually be risking!

Terrific race that on an average day, field sizes - when is something going to be done ?!!

Saturday 14-16 horse fields - get them back.

Not that he was ever gone(spring trip east didn't pan out s..t happens)but he is back mate!!
    Very well suited at WFA would give them all weight off his rating and is now into 2.50(from 3.80 wish I had got some of that price), Kay Cee on her older form would be the main danger.

He ran 2,2,2,3 in his last winter prep including running 2nd to Perfect Jewel twice when a bit unlucky in both, preceded by a resuming run where narrowly beaten by Vega Magic when wide the trip!
    Looks the goods to me could argue he is getting a bit skinny in price now.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited June 2021
    You blokes love KC!! Is a Group One Kingston Town winner but last three runs nought, nought and nought, combined with a couple of unsighted trials ( not that take a hell of a lot notice of them ).

Will be the greatest turnaround in form since Glastonbury won the Metropolitan Handicap way back when.

Does have one thing in favour - the name Parnham attached.

hash likes this post.

Not a big fan of barrier one, but he’s as honest as the day is long Dig Deep and if Chris Parnham gives a saloon run, he’s at least a place chance.

Dance Music she’s another consistent one.

Was a bit surprised Valour Road was out the gate to $14 this morning but now back into $12.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    R9 Celtic Diva is a great each way bet. Runs over a more suitable distance and Belmont is a positive.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Hi , Whats the delay@ Belmont..
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Toot Toot salute to the Train after the first 4 ......very reliable service....blow me down.
    You bloody ripper Puli, what a beauty he is, 62kgs thanks for coming.

Train had that winner on top too! FAT day for him and followers.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    might be a run or 2 early, slipp.....
    Won’t happen of course but if Not To Be Mist, The Velvet King and Lady Duckworth all win it’d go down as one of the greatest tipping performances of all time if not ever!

6/6 no mean effort either.
    its a cruel game at times.... :-B
    Simon Miller 1, 2 and Adam Durant 3, 4 with a couple of long shots.

Brad Rawiller perfect ride on the winner who got out to as much as $14 this morning.

A bit underrated the mare Dance Music hardly seen her run a bad race, just the last 100 metres can find her out.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Valour $12 =P~
    edited June 2021
    KC drifted from 7/1 to 16/1 and finished about 9th.

The one running on again out wide - Uni Time. Another very good run at the unsuitable WFA. Dig Deep he wasn’t too far away again either.

If layed The Velvet King it was easy to watch.
    see Juliette goes around AGAIN..stilll looking for her Romeo?
    sods law..now watch her win...
    X_X
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Perth racing lets have turn about lol it goes good.
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    The TVK and black water bay both won last starts  well and were hard in betting today no issue in yard and even if u stayed away because they may of be unders the first one anyway.They both ran unplace.The form is worth following in wa lol.
    That Born To Try in the final race was a big run, had to pass about eight horses in final 30 metres to grab third, and did.

Jim Taylor trainer of the winner, year after year continues to do a wonderful job. What a great little hoop he was too. Got better and better.
    edited June 2021

The TVK and black water bay both won last starts  well and were hard in betting today no issue in yard and even if u stayed away because they may of be unders the first one anyway.They both ran unplace.The form is worth following in wa lol.

Bloody hell did you even watch TVK's race?? (Took me 9 hours too go there again ugghh)
    I was on unfortunately it missed the kick badly, his race was over after that but thought he went pretty well seeing as he was 4 pairs further back than the preferred position.

As for the other favourite, it went up 5 kgs drew wide so had to go back and met the winner 4 kilos worse at the weights.
    CJP maybe could have maybe waited a bit longer to jump on the go pedal(i only watched the replay once)when he didn't got pushed very wide the last 600 odd metres, horse only tires the last 75 beaten under 2 lengths was a pretty good run under the circs...imo
    You should do more form ;) or just back Train's tips?!

Whatisthepoint, JimmyPop, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    If you watch right before they jumped out the gates literally every horse and jockey was making some kind of movement in the barriers before they were released except TVK! it’s as if the horse was stunned and doing a Chatauqua 8-}