Chris Nation has resigned

West Australian Racing
LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
Track manager has just resigned

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    @-) wowsers
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Anyone know where he's going? Poached East?
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    edited July 2021
    Newcastle. Probably for more money and less work
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

Newcastle. Probably for more money and less work

No doubt he won't have to stress all year trying to nurse 2x tracks through a stupid number of race meetings!

oldhendo, RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i think we all saw this coming...they'll have trouble finding another one....

chris could go back to qld. if he is still "seeing" skye b.
    There are some really concerning things happening here. 
    - Belmont going nowhere fast
    - No foreseeable solution to the "two-track town" which sees them both crucified by 75% of the way through their season.
    - Now no curator to nurse them.
    - Prizemoney stagnant
    - No word of any progressive moves being made ie. Belmont redevelopment / Prizemoney etc etc

Stark contrast to NSW and VIC who can't throw enough money at it!!!

RIO likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    When does he finish up?done a great job preparing 2 tracks,now where do they find a 1st class replacement
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    No new PR boss either
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ chris, can you think of any qualified individual wanting the job. i can't.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Having "curated" a football oval for three years in a very wet climate, I hope Mr Nation was appreciative of all of the "excellent" advice proffered by clubhouse experts and associated hooray Henrys,  who gained their vast experience piloting their ride on Rovers around their 100m squared  Queensland Blue front lawns. I certainly valued their expertise and commentary, almost exclusively delivered in hushed tones from behind the hand whilst sitting at the bar, as they had the solution to all manner of problems.

Losing someone of his obvious expertise in the middle of the wettest winter for decades is a potentially savage blow. He has done well to last the four years one would think.

Gilgamesh, curmudgeon, thefalcon likes this post.

edited July 2021
    Flanders said:

- No foreseeable solution to the "two-track town" which sees them both crucified by 75% of the way through their season.
    - Prizemoney stagnant
    - No word of any progressive moves being made ie. Belmont redevelopment / Prizemoney etc etc

i dont want to be negative but i think we all need to realise that a redevelopment of belmont will not happen. They threw multi millions at consultants for this and consultants for that - there is simply not enough money left in the pool to get a new grandstand.

As for prizemoney, has rwwa come out and said no increases this year?
  • SunnyBoySunnyBoy    46 posts
    Sadly racing has become all about good and beverage!! How many chairs and tables can we fit upstairs!! Maybe less worrying about funding paint jobs, table and chairs etc and more focus on what really matters!
    RACING DOESNT EXIST WITHOUT THE HORSES AND THE INDUSTRY PEOPLE BEHIND IT!!
    They should be rolling out red carpet for the horses because with our them Perth Racing have nothing to showcase! But sadly they are the least looked after!!
    I wish Chris all the best! Just a guy doing his best under VERY trying circumstances!
    *food and beverage*

RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Agree with some of what you say above Sunny. But disagree with what you say about the welfare of the horse. With the initiatives put in place to rehome gallopers who careers are over has come on in leaps and bounds. The welfare of the horse is better now than it has ever been . That’s apparent in hot racing days in summer with misters places all over the stabling areas. And some meetings adjourned to cooler days. Also the advances in vetinary sciences etc. None of this happened years ago . If you could not find a home for your retired racehorse things didn’t look good for them . Now the clubs actively try to do that. A lot of this most probably to do with media and the groups such as peta trying their best to rubbish the sport. So I can’t really agree with your comment that the horses are least looked after. And so it should be we try and do our best for our 4 legged friends who provide us with so much joy and excitement

SunnyBoy, thefalcon likes this post.

RIO dislikes this post.

• psychopsycho    652 posts
    All I will say is they will be bloody sorry to lose Chris

SunnyBoy likes this post.

Agree we aren’t talking about horses post racing but we are talking about focus and funds spent on food and beverage facilities etc and not funds put towards upgrading tracks.

RIO likes this post.

Flanders said:

- Prizemoney stagnant

i dont want to be negative but i think we all need to realise that a redevelopment of belmont will not happen. They threw multi millions at consultants for this and consultants for that - there is simply not enough money left in the pool to get a new grandstand.

As for prizemoney, has rwwa come out and said no increases this year?

I haven't heard either way, but would have thought it would be well publicised if it was happening. Maybe @Tony can help
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Maybe emperor Ted can save us.

JayJay I walked across Melville footy ground today, was like a slip and slide!! And that’s probably coping half the rain that you are, unenviable task forsure.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    I know as much as you @Flanders
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Most rain in July in 20 years along with the best track manager we’ve had in years departing…. Worrying

thefalcon likes this post.

Most rain in July in 20 years along with the best track manager we’ve had in years departing…. Worrying

Truer words rarely spoken, there are some complete fools on other social media who are saying good riddance to him after the last meeting with the on pace and on fence bias. If the fact the rail was moved to the TRUE position after so much rain didn't warn them, then a sledgehammer would not have helped either

Gilgamesh, Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    .....after the last meeting with the on pace and on fence bias. Baronova??
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Huge win from Baranova.
    Rodent said:

.....after the last meeting with the on pace and on fence bias. Baronova??

Six 3YOs over 2200m, the horse that ran last was 1.6L from the winner, probaly the one race you would not use as a guide for the theory. There were a few who made good ground on the day. Two winners came from last (Both with Pike on) Four horses led all the way, Forever Generous sat behind the leader and The Spruiker sat 2nd with the 30/1 bolter leading in that race and holding on for 2nd. Think the bias was there (due to the rail movement of course)

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Baronova unsuited by slow pace. According to 'bias' was in the worst going. I don't buy it. With no track bias, on pace near the rail is always advantageous.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Hypothetically, if Chris Nation had unlimited resources what changes could he make to improve what we currently we have ?

Heard on radio this morning that they will be using both ascot and belmont simultaneously next season. This is due to bunvegas being out of action. Apparently RWWA stumped up some cash to PR
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Apparently RWWA stumped up some cash to PR

PR once again holding a gun to RWWA's head..sickening. A billion dollar a year turnover company being held to ransom by a club that can not run a profitable operation, when given all the major races on the WA Calendar.

If the TAB is ever sold, i cant imagine the government coughing up for un-budgetted expenses for an organization that has a long proving track record of being incapable of making a profit..
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

Hypothetically, if Chris Nation had unlimited resources what changes could he make to improve what we currently we have ?

The very first thing would be to fix the Belmont straight and the sprinkler, run off, pond issue!!!

Once that is sorted out, then work through a long list of trainers, jockeys and owners issues, and priorities them for minimal impact on racing,

hash, jum, thefalcon likes this post.

Heard on radio this morning that they will be using both ascot and belmont simultaneously next season. This is due to bunvegas being out of action. Apparently RWWA stumped up some cash to PR

Alleluia!!! Hopefully it goes well and they finally realise that it is the way forward.

RIO likes this post.