G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Am I the only one.

Breeding
CPLCPL    632 posts
Here’s something I find really strange and I was interested in hearing people’s views and wondered if anyone has seen something similar, racing is a funny game as we all know but this I find really strange.
I bred a horse out of a mare we raced and it’s going alright something we all hope to achieve when you spend the money to bred a foal.
But in racing articles the new owner has been telling people he bred the horse which was published as a good success story and even the trainer in interviews on Perth racing has mentioned how good he horse is going and gave credit to it being a home bred horse ????
Now we are super happy for the new owners and the horse but imagine you have put a lot of money into racing and to breed a half handy horse and you sit back and hear the owners and trainer sprucing up a story to reporters and the camera?
Has anyone else ever seen anything similar?

Comments

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    :D  Name the horse. I would. That is pretty ordinary if there claiming they bred the horse.
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    Kaptain Kaos

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited August 2021
    Yep, you are correct. I have heard the statement too about that horse. De Campo's claim to have bred it i believe. 
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    edited August 2021
    I think if you asked them what the horses brand was they couldn’t tell you what it was CPL (look familiar)?
    It’s just really strange people would make up something so random like they wanted some sort of credit. Maybe caught up in the moment but to continuously tell a lie? Anyway I hope the horse goes well that’s why we breed them but like I said I’d never seen something so strange then this.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    It would be disappointing. I would be a little taken back when i heard the claim if i had bred the horse. I've tried breeding 3 horses to race. NEVER AGAIN  :-&
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    edited August 2021
    JUM I questioned the owner and he said the reporters got the story wrong and I spoke with the reporter and he said the owner told them he bred the horse and the story continues m. I heard the trainer tell Perth racing last week it’s a home bred horse ???? unbelievable sitting in our shoes it’s embarrassing.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Yes, something not adding up
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    I know nothing about this horse but I just did a search and someone under the name Carey Park Racing tried to sell the said horses dam at the 2011 MM thoroughbred sale. DeCampo and co are Carey Park people
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    The mare has never been sold only the offspring CPL is my handle on this site also long before the said horse was born it’s also the brand on the racehorse. CPL stands for Carey Park Lodge a quick look in the stud book shows who breed the horse..
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    There is an article in the West today CPL on Captain Kaos and its background. Is the story correct about you giving him the mare. He even names you. Or is this incorrect on his behalf.