Race 4-   Jaspervellabeach,  Walsh,  Whatabro,  Vespa
Race 5-   Perfect Major,  Vampiro,  Hurricane Harley,  Ideal Liner
Race 6-   Alta Louisa,  Weewah,  My Sweet Deal,  Savvy Bromac
Race 7-   Ideal Agent,  Arma Indie,  Trinity Bromac,  Thejewelinhereye
Race 8-   Otis,  Dont Bother Me None,  Stamford,  Unconditional
Race 9-   Boom Time,  Miracle Moose,  Alta Blues,  My Carbon Copy
Race 10- In The Spotlight,  Free Wheeling,  Jay Elle,  The Hope Diamond
+1 -1

Markovina, cisco, jum, curmudgeon likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    50 years since the great horse blitzed a stellar field in the Miracle Mile. Great promo of the states biggest sprint race.

VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    JayJay said:

50 years since the great horse blitzed a stellar field in the Miracle Mile. Great promo of the states biggest sprint race.

Pretty hard to use any vision of Mount Eden racing as a promo nowadays......Jungle Jack didn't exactly sit motionless in the cart

JayJay likes this post.

True, but a picture of elegance compared to vision of Higgins windmilling Light Fingers into submission.
    Open Photo

Here's a pic of the mighty Mount...
    Anyone who ever laid eyes on him or saw him race will never forget him. Watching him win the Sires in world record time winning by about 120m after giving up that much at the start is still crystal clear in my mind, standing next to my old man in the timekeepers enclosure watching him stare astonished at his stopwatches.

curmudgeon, savethegame, VillageKid likes this post.

I went to Des Reids Hillview Stud in Serpentine & had a close look at him after he returned from the US & stood there.
    He was getting on a bit by then & a podgy curly maned old gent but it was easy to look at him & be transported to the excitement he produced at the track.

VillageKid likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I watched the replays at GP - some nice racing 

I dont know if they have improved the cambering - around that sweeping turn into the home straight - because it was great to see ( like my username used to do - thats why i loved that  horse ) horses sitting back- and coming with a dazzling  final sprint - like Emilys horse ( and there were a couple of others ) that is harness racing at its briliant and exciting best - and you can only imagine if the track was 150 metres bigger - the harness racing would be the best harness racing in Aust by a mile - and compulsive viewing every Frid  night 

As for the Mount Eden Sprint - and it was a brilliant drive by Hall - but that race - how it was run - is a classic race to debate the pros and cons of Sprint Lanes  - and im not plugging one over the other . But if there was a sprint lane - then  A C Lewis doesnt come off the pegs - he says - Bonds horse takes me to the top of the straight - i will sit and wait . That is just an observation - im not saying one situation is better than the other