G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

MCGOWAN GIFTS PETERS

West Australian Racing
LGHR Article quote;

WA PREMIER HAS DELIVERED CARNIVAL ‘GIFT’ TO BOB PETERS

ONE of the country’s biggest owners Bob Peters has invested so much in racing in the west that he deserves every win he gets in return.

But what a ‘gift’ the nonsensical Premier of WA, Mark McGowan, has delivered Peters Investments with his ‘border ban’ on interstate horses contesting the carnival.

As Peter Moody so rightly said McGowan needs to pull his head out of his **** and recognise the importance to the racing and tourism industries in the west of the Perth carnival.

Sadly, as a result of his border closure, questions are being asked whether the Pattern Committee should consider downgrading the Railway Stakes from Group 1 status.

The Peters’ star that won the race last Saturday – Western Empire – would arguably hold his own with the best carnival gallopers on the east coast but surely he was entitled to have faced the best in the west as well.

Comments

• BobcatBobcat    159 posts
    **** that’s an excuse. I had a mate bring 6 horses over in July. Prior Preparation Prevents **** Poor Performance. Everyone knows our boarder situation. Don’t sit on your hands with your thumb up your **** and cry poor because you think you’re important. Better planning would have had the horse here. 
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    There is not a horse in Australia that ran in the mile races on Saturday that would have got close to Western Empire. And all those horses from the melbourne carnival who ran in races like the Cantala etc would have only come across as an after thought and been non competitive.

Would love all these people bitching about no eastern state horses fronting up to put a list forward of horses that actually would have come across. Again, the problem is these shit house pop up races like the 'Gong" providing a better option for them to target. It's a race that suits a 4 yo up and comer and the Golden Eagle at 7.5 million gives the best 4yos over there no option but to go to Sydney for a Grand Final. Look at I'm Thunderstruck. Should have been across here. Why would they though? Se.woth Count De Rupee. Goes down the road for a million $ race instead of 4000km across the country.

WA isn't innocent here either, the Railway needs to be 2 million at least to get the attention over east and it just seems to be the wrong time of year..They only ever attract the second stringers or after thought horses. It needs an over haul. Peters will win the next 10 at this rate.

The border issue this year was a convenient excuse not to travel and the salty ES wankers couldn't wait to pot WE and the railway. I guess we'll find out next year.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2021
    Bobcat said:

**** that’s an excuse. I had a mate bring 6 horses over in July. Prior Preparation Prevents **** Poor Performance. Everyone knows our boarder situation. Don’t sit on your hands with your thumb up your **** and cry poor because you think you’re important. Better planning would have had the horse here. 

:))

What or who is "LGHR" that this BS "article" was dredged from..

More political dribble just ignore him mate he has a very blinkered agenda against our great leader(a tongue in cheek pisstake comment, relax).
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited November 2021
    LGHR not to be confused with your preferred LGBTQ+  ;) is Letsgohorseracing and articles are located at https://letsgohorseracing.com.au
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Wrong there i voted against their latest bill, they might be in your wheelhouse though ye ole "swinger"? lolz

Thought it may have been Liberal Greavers Have Rights..

freodockers likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I'm fine with the W.A border situation as long as it's 2 way. No W.A horses can come east. Seems fair?

detonator dislikes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Rodent said:

I'm fine with the W.A border situation as long as it's 2 way. No W.A horses can come east. Seems fair?

No because unlike over East covid is no issue here in WA

detonator, jum likes this post.

If it's ok to have the AFL come from covid Victoria, why isn't it ok for a few top level horses to visit W.A? 
     There's no way those decisions are based on best health advice. They are picking and choosing based on other factors and you know it.

Manchild likes this post.

• careycarey    6,368 posts
    AFL never just went to WA.
    get your head out of your ****.

VillageKid likes this post.

Of course the AFL didn't just go to W.A. They had to adhere to strict safety protocols. Were these safety protocols offered to trainers so they could bring horses to the Masters?
    you should be worrying about your own state, where if they had done it right in the first place, then the rest of the country, both liberal and labor run would have been far better off.

they were indeed the gold standard.

meanwhile the idiots are demanding that the likes of mcgowan and andrews be drawn, quartered and, hung for good measure.

what a horrible country we have become in the last few years.

not too hard to see who, and what, is enabling it all either.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Rodent said:

Of course the AFL didn't just go to W.A. They had to adhere to strict safety protocols. Were these safety protocols offered to trainers so they could bring horses to the Masters?

The Vic & NSW AFL teams had been in an Interstate bubble (in QLD, SA, WA & TAS) from June when their particular States covid outbreaks hit and they fled NSW & Vic, so they were away from home for months on end until the end of their clubs football seasons. 
    The AFL GF was played in late September and any required Vic or NSW based AFL dignitaries who also had to submit their g2g pass and then do the required 14 days quarantine before they were allowed into WA and then on arrival.
    Remember many identities such as Eddie McGuire were refused entry into WA as they were not deemed as required!
    The ill informed Moody and others just seem to believe that every Tom, Dick & Harry was allowed to waltz into WA from Vic/NSW & ACT the week of the GF which is so far from the truth it is not funny!
    If he or other Vic/NSW based trainers had really wanted to come to WA for the Masters Carnival he could have done the same as the football identities but.....!!!
    carey said:

you should be worrying about your own state, where if they had done it right in the first place, then the rest of the country, both liberal and labor run would have been far better off.

they were indeed the gold standard.

meanwhile the idiots are demanding that the likes of mcgowan and andrews be drawn, quartered and, hung for good measure.

what a horrible country we have become in the last few years.

not too hard to see who, and what, is enabling it all either.

A long winded answer to a question I didn't ask. Thanks, your non answer tells me all I needed to know. 
    and that's the reply one gets, when they have have nothing else to offer.

you were talking through your ****.
    nothing new there though.

meatpie likes this post.

• ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    Interstate horses are coming to WA, every week and have been coming to WA right through the this pandamic,
    So if a trainer really wanted to race a horse in a particular race over here,there would of been a way around it ,they could of transferred the horse to a WA trainer and if Peter Moody didnt have his head up his ====, he would of known that.
    Outrageous is a former ES horse bought from Inglis Online sales on Sept 29,now in stables of Luke Fernie racing in Winterbottom saturday.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ a few should not be in the race, the above is one of them. have a look at its bloody lack of form.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Moody will never be the same until he finds  the Peter Moody that had the positive to cobalt.
    Moody was cleared of charge of  deliberately administering excessive levels of cobalt to his horse Lidari-----
    But the other Peter Moody was charged & found guilty  much lesser charge of non-intentional admission of cobalt, to Lidari -----Just wait till he finds him.

Danny O.B. was more funnier when he was  paying 1k. for bottles of b-complex  which could be brought for 12 dollars at the time. not knowing it was bottles of Cobalt.

You can tell these Leading Victorian Trainers------------But not much.

Last WINTERBOTTOM- Moody had a runner was 2014 ---  Moment of Change ran 6th.---other E.S. Runners that year were --- WAs --- Watermans Bay ran 2nd for  (Kavanagh)---- 5th Angelic Light----Bell Sprinter 7th ---Sidestep 9th----Eclair  Big Bang--10th ---- 

Watermans Bay was Predominantly a W.A. horse  who ran two seconds and a third  in three consective Winterbottoms 13-14-15.

freodockers, curmudgeon likes this post.

edited November 2021
    carey said:

You being a recluse is your greatest gift to humanity. A shame you're not an online recluse as well.

Precision1, bookielover likes this post.

So I think to self, the rat is talking some nonsense.
    So I say so.
    The rat comes back, and each reply, becomes less about the topic, and more personal.
    That's what happens every time one challenges some statement you pronounce as if fact
    That's your Modus Operandi in one easy step, as far as I am concerned anyway.

It worries me not one little bit though.
    Carry on regardless.
    I might just come back and haunt PTT,

curmudgeon likes this post.

bookielover dislikes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    You two used to get along too...

hash likes this post.

carey said:

So I think to self, the rat is talking some nonsense.
    So I say so.
    The rat comes back, and each reply, becomes less about the topic, and more personal.

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion and expressing it. You just have a knack of doing it with extreme rudeness. 
     You tell me to get my head out of my rrrs and then have the hide to say I get personal. 
     You lowered the tone and I was foolish for taking the bait. 
     I won't be doing it again any time soon.

bookielover, carey likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    Rodent said:

carey said:

You being a recluse is your greatest gift to humanity. A shame you're not an online recluse as well.
    You obviously know him well, Rodent.  B-)

carey likes this post.

Chris said:

You two used to get along too...

i just say what i think, irregardless of anything else.

but i don't do personal.

i was thinking though, that if i am so verbose, that it warranted me being given a serve of personal,
    then how come the bookielover can write 10 volumes, and far more than me, but gets off scott free, or should that be rat free?

Rodent said:

carey said:

he does not know me from a bar of soap, and neither do you.
    well done with the brevity though.
    Up until the vaccines becoming available, I have respected the rights of the States to deal with those wishing to come to their State as they saw fit.

What I couldn't cop, was the rank hypocrisy of Premiers like Palachook, who allowed 400 family members of the AFl and others into Queensland, at the same time that a woman whose father was dying could not get in. 

She lived in Canberra which was Covid free at the time, was happy to quarantine for 14 days in Queensland, but couldn't get in. Her father died, and they then allowed her to come in and view the body through a glass window, but not go to the funeral. 

And why were AFL girlfriends and wives etc allowed in, and why was Tom Hanks allowed in, because as their imbecilic Health Officer Janet Young who is now their Governor said, "they bring in a lot of money to the economy". So,health and safety go out the window for the almighty dollar. 

Now  that vaccines are available to everyone, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever, not to allow double vaccinated people who can provide a negative Covid test taken 3 days prior, entry to any and all States.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

carey said:

Rodent said:

carey said:

he does not know me from a bar of soap, and neither do you.
    well done with the brevity though.
    I can't speak for him, but believe what you will about what I know. :-O

carey likes this post.

more brevity!
    two in a row.
    well done.
    Xavier Herbert would be sighing with relief if he was still with us.
    Carey stick to twitching. You are a depressing negative identity on this forum. No wonder you are a recluse.

meatpie dislikes this post.

edited November 2021
    Carey stated he doesn't do personal

:)) :)) :)) :))
    I should care about your glowing endorsement?

I think you should stick to tipping,
    You are right up there with rodent.
    Granted, that yours are not a very very slow method of cooking, as those are,....but still.
    1 winner, and it could be turned around instantly.
    Probably, same could happen if you use your dart board once every couple of months.

Now who might you be on twitter, just so I can make sure  block it?

Yous Truly

thefalcon likes this post.