G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 38 Non Members
R1- SOCKOFF is blisteringly quick. She has won two 400m trials in preparation for this both by 3.5L and both in sub 23.5 seconds. Has led at both her starts around a bend and been a little awkward getting around it at both but went back to the trials after start two, had the shadow roll go and bolted in up the Pinjarra straight. While she had a tendency to lay in hard there if she fires out to the fence here that shouldn’t matter too much. Hard to run down fast horses on hot Ascot days.

R2- THAT’S FUNNY AZ has been freshened since running a distant last in the Northam Cup. Won the Ngawyni Stakes first up before not being ridden to his strengths and still putting in a fair effort in the Hannans Handicap and last start went too fast even by his standards. Back to Ascot, back to leading and back to ratings races in what is a fairly moderate 78+ should help him get back into the winners stall. Very well weighted after Watson’s claim.

R3- RESORTMAN may not have quite as much class as the two favourites but what he does have is tactical speed. From barrier three he can bounce out and breeze or take the one one if something wants to cross in front of him. He has had two quiet trials for his return and is 2/3 first up with the only defeat coming when dropped to last over 1000m. Has always promised to win better races than ratings races and the Michael Lane yard looks ready to take off.

R4- NOWHITEFLAG was a complete forgive run last start. Was a half step slow and then wasn’t ridden with real intent. From there he sat leaders back over racing and didn’t let down at all when asked to sprint but didn’t really give away ground either. Shooter back on should mean leading again and when he led first up the only work Shaun actually did was giving him a little niggle out the gates because he was statue-like in the straight. Suspect we could see something similar here.

R5- GOD HAS CHOSEN will likely be the most popular favourite on the card. Two back this track, trip and grade bolted in with the handbrake on either side of completing luckless seconds. Last start was back to 1200 a week after a hoof abscess and yet the money was relentless went close with little luck. Backs up here, back up to 1400 again and Pike likely just has to keep him out of trouble.

R6- WARM ‘N’ FUZZY comes through what I’m going to consider the strongest heat of this series. Ash Maley has taken him to Geraldton for all five starts this campaign and he is yet to finish out of the placings. Bolted in first and fourth up either side of bumping into Savage One twice and he goes good. Last start went out perhaps a tad too quick and faded a touch late. McGruddy replaces non claiming Stanley on grand final day. Should cross to the fence and give a big field something to catch.

R7- MIDNIGHT BLUE looks like he’ll continue to remain very hard to beat all the way to Perth Cup day. Unlucky first up when losing momentum (and therefore his winning chances) but still hitting the line before a dominant victory in the Ascot Gold Cup. Faces what could become a big task from a wide gate as he likely settles very close to last but he is awfully consistent and probably more talented than his rivals.

R8- ELITE STREET looks awfully hard to knock in his bid for back to back Winterbottoms. Won first up no trial, won well enough second up in a race probably not run to suit and had it all against him last start but was still too good. Drew 14 on a leaders track at SWP and still beat them convincingly. Draws to sit marginally closer but still in a spot where he shouldn’t cop too much bad luck and meets all his rivals from this campaign better at the weights at WFA.

R9- Best Bet: LORENTINIO looks ready third up. Has bumped into Railway Stakes runner up Comfort Me at two starts this campaign when leading and fighting on strongly at both runs. Comes from some very strong form races and although he stays in the same grade this almost looks a small drop in class. Comes back 100m to his pet 1400m trip from last start and loves the three week spacings between runs. Drawn the outside gate but expect he’ll still find the fence.

Comments

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Great work @Train

thefalcon, Tucool, Arapaho likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    all his weekly offerings are, chris.

Arapaho likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Every week i have a lazy $20 Multi all up for a place on Train's tips!
    This is the week Train at 45/1 
    [-O< [-O< <:-P

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    rooboy said:

Good idea for an interest mate especially if he gets you through the first 3 or 4 then it starts to get interesting..wondering if i may have a look at that meself lol
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    Hearing a whisper there might be industrial action at Ascot. Only a rumour but believe some staff 'unavailable' today.
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    meatpie said:

Hearing a whisper there might be industrial action at Ascot. Only a rumour but heard some staff 'unavailable' today.

^^ good morning australia, what the F#$@ are we offended about today..... X(

Manchild likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    They heard that McGowan wont let BL and his missus into Perth :((
    It will be about the vax scenario Falc ...
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Gee sockoff  when good.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Almost as good as He's Gold - It needs a break form racing as much as I need to stay away from the punt!

Fantastic effort by the winner and trainer. Be interesting to see how it goes next prep.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Whatever happened to DomTo Shoots ability I wonder...
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts

rooboy said:

Good idea for an interest mate especially if he gets you through the first 3 or 4 then it starts to get interesting..wondering if i may have a look at that meself lol
    Ok i have faith in the Train so Multi the last 7 races with Nowhiteflag-God Has Chosen-Midnight Blue to win the rest places for $10 @74/1

rooboy said:

rooboy said:

Ok i have faith in the Train so Multi the last 7 races with Nowhiteflag-God Has Chosen-Midnight Blue to win the rest places for $10 @74/1

Yeh i had a look earlier didn't like a couple of the earlier picks he should go well now.

rooboy likes this post.

Gee sockoff  when good.

Did not like it one bit, though like Swoop i had a spec on He's Gold who used to have ability too...
    Secret Plan was plain..at best, good to see Triple Missile get another win the time will be interesting.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    R7 My early cup fancy Poulton Le Sands can win but needs to be genuine pace race

R8 Stageman had no luck last start and better suited over 1200 and despite barrier can win. 
          Flirtini is a great each way proposition. 
          Carocapo should good hint of old form last start and worth including in novelties

R9 False Statement is my best bet. Huge run two starts back. Forget last start.
          Platinum Bullet has been ordinary but can improve in this. Saver & Quinella
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    edited November 2021
    He's Gold burnt me as well, tired horse

bloody hard today...NWF different run today. i heard some bloke had a huge place bet on it last start. 
    anyway, midnight blue looks put in pull out ( no smutty comments please..
    ;) ) too short for me though..it to win with 6,7,9 & 10 for exotics.

main race looks tailor made for the fave 1,6,8,14 for exotics. do not give wilchino any hope at WFA as this stage of her career. would not surprise me to see the dreaded cerise and white to come storming down the outside.

now, best bet lorentinio..young holly should let him stride forward......and see what happens...
    X_X
    Wilchino hits this race in the same vein/formlines as Elite Street last year($31), her on pace racing pattern the only difference.Arguably both under the odds for mine..sticking Graceful Girl will be ok if she only runs 2nd/3rd.

detonator, Arapaho likes this post.

Secret Plan was plain..at best, good to see Triple Missile get another win the time will be interesting.

1.08.74 wouldn't have disgraced himself in the feature race today, next year will be amongst the top chances imo
    Bubble burst on the fav there, never a great look when Staffords Lad goes past you as nominal Perth cup favourite..was a LONG way back, maybe got pantsed being too far out of his ground.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    I thought it was a poor tactical ride in my opinion.. Juicing carrots was always going to break up the field. Pike could have gone to fence after 50m and would have been carted along..
    Go Rocky  :x
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    Yeah, bob sweeps the carnival #industrydead

thefalcon likes this post.

i told y'all so, only one trainer peaks the phuck out of horses on the big day :x :x SMOKED them.

detonator likes this post.

how in the hell can that peters/williams partnership be in peril? what trainers that pair are...one of the best in oz without a doubt.
    edited November 2021

R7 My early cup fancy Poulton Le Sands

R8 Stageman had no luck last start and better suited over 1200 and despite barrier can win. 
          Flirtini 
          Carocapo 

Poulton was woeful. Thankfully hadn't backed it on Perth Cup futures
    Flirtini and Carocapo both ran well
    Stageman was a big run. Great place div and massive quinella. and great Trifecta divs 
    $-) $-) <:-P <:-P
    dunno who the dude is who's on 1206am...just been praising peters and not a bloody word on the trainers. the effing muppet!!
    edited November 2021
    Was he praising Mr Peters personality Falcon? Hey who listens to 1206 when you can watch Sky races and interviews? People who don't have Sky I guess.

Marochinno improved dramatically today so on that basis Poulton Le Sands may still be a chance in the Cup :))