G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members
R1- LUCKY SUE has been good at each of her two race starts. Has finished second on both occasions over the 1000m having been too far back first up and a little bit luckless last start when having the winner lay all over her in the straight. Gets out to 1200 in the first 2yo race over the trip this season which can be a stretch especially for the first starts which she faces a lot of here. Looks like she’ll appreciate the trip and from the middle gate should find a good spot.

R2- TRIX OF THE TRADE won 3/4 in his debut preparation. His only defeat was behind He’s A Sizzler, who he meets here, but he did beat that galloper at their next clash and gets weight on him for both encounters. He produced some high rating runs in that campaign and although he has to prove himself on good tracks, his recent trials on top of the ground have been great. He is versatile and so can be ridden to how he jumps and be competitive regardless.

R3- KICK A GOAL SON, like the whole Jason Miller yard, is flying. Didn’t look comfortable over 1000m first up, hit the line hard for third second up behind smart 3yo Cold Shizzle and last start looked the winner a long way out at his first go over 1400 in what has become a good form race. Sea Waif went close in this grade last week and Speedbird won a class three on Wednesday. Don’t mind him back to 1200 here in the small ish field and just needs to find a spot early.

R4- PINK CARATS comes back to 1000m which could just be the key to him. Over raced badly first up leading with the blinkers on on a day that wasn’t leader friendly and faded bad late. Last start the blinkers came off and he was ridden with a sit at 1200 and loomed before peaking in the last 100. Back to the 1000, he should again be ridden back, they should go along genuinely and just needs to travel a bit kinder and he should be able to finish off strong here.

R5- Best Bet: BILLY AIN’T SILLY finds a great second up assignment off the back of a first up pass mark. Had trialled nicely for his return but found himself three back fence in a slick run 1200 and although he looked a touch plain late, he did loom early when the split came and he generally is a big improver fire to second up being 2/2. Can put himself in a great spot from the middle gate in a race with plenty of speed he can absorb it early and is tough late.

R6- FASHION QUEEN is becoming a frustrating mare to follow. Won nicely enough first up in Geraldton and has gone round as favourite as favourite at each of her last four including three at shorter than $2.20 without a win. The runs and the form has all been good enough to suggest she can get wins on the board at some stage though and this looks a good opportunity to start that. Strikes a moderate graduation field and a gate to work with without getting buried away on the fence.

R7- TRADE WAR has returned in magnificent order this prep on good tracks. Seemed to struggle on the heavy surfaces in Winter but is 3/5 on top of the ground. Trialled really well for his return when a big market drifter but looked the winner a long way out and won well in good time. Backed it up second up with an even better performance when second behind CHEVAL DE VAGA, who he meets here, from an impossible position. Will again find himself a fair way back but if the field can stay a little more compact he has the fire power to swamp them.

R8- BEAT THE BRO is a wonderfully consistent horse. Hasn’t won out of turn through his career but is finally starting to deliver on his ability with strong back to back wins two and three back before finding himself in an impossible position last start. Ran time in both of those recent wins and the second was actually in higher grade than this. The wide gate is always a blessing in disguise for him as a horse who needs racing room and his one previous attempt over 1800 was a luckless second.

R9- MISS CONTEKI was back to beyond her best last start with a breathtaking victory in the Summer Scorcher. Returned off a top Winter Campaign as a well supported favourite but raced below her best when looking home and shying near the line. That didn’t stop her from being heavily backed again last start in what was a clear career peak. She’ll have to be similarly good here as she’ll be again be a fair way off them but she has always oozed class.

R10- THIS’LL TESTYA was back near her best last start. Jumped fairly cleanly, travelled well in the breeze and just wasn’t quite good enough to get past a nice one in Acromantula in what was a high rating race. Steps to 1200 and drawing an outside gate may not look like positives but in a race without a lot of speed it should allow her to make her way across to the fence even if she doesn’t spring the gates. If she can get across to the fence and lead at her own speed she’s dangerous.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Wonder if Pont can roll the more favoured stablemate two weeks in a row, on the trial maybe not but i will have a watch/saver bet just in case this time!

R3 agree Kick A Goal Son should win again, liked the way he finished off last start the drop back in trip won't be any concern hopefully.

R6 I liked Deputano and Mr Mt Walker, with the former scratched there goes the $9 for MMW, Shooter will take the good sit and may just sprint too well late for them.

Look forward to the match race in the feature, could Miss Conteki run down Clairvoyance? not sure there will be crazy speed so though she leads it may be at a comfortable or a not too frenetic pace first up.Good quinella bet these two.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    R5 Overthought each way special
    R7 Oquba Ted
    R8 Superior Smile
    r9 Carocapo & have and something on Cryptic Love at crazy odds
    R10 Leica Jaguar an each way another special and saver on Phoneme
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ you been on the  :!!, slip? 
    pretty tricky card...r4 big screen......(take a quinella with perfect picture.. :-\" )
    r7 a bit on downforce.
    now, the nitty gritty..if i was a bookie i'd lay claivoyance until the race started....then i'd either be asking Rabbit for a loan or counting the loot. Simons mare is a huge chance but i'm going to let the months out and have a good whack at gemmas son 10's e/w..56.5kg, P.H. on top...thanks very much.

Ponty's mount is nearly 20s and probably bigger on the fair..I'm having a spec.
    Wrong ruffie won it, oh well jumped off Lucky Sue so no real damage, it all of a sudden looks a gunna...
    He's a fizzler was just that .. w.a.p it!
    Meanwhile Train was spot.on with the winner there.

Tucool likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2022
    Our Norman should have been right in that finish. Knuckey's ride with a handful of horse for most of the race was very poor. Watch the replay. Looked like he could have got through that gap in the straight but didn't take it (head on would tell the tale one way or another). Remember it for next start preferably with  a different jockey.

rooboy likes this post.

W.Pike in full cry(again).No Vax does not mean no win :D
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    edited January 2022
    Phuc me this bloke is the worst caller we have in the state. He is calling stuff that isnt even happening, more-so he seems to call what he wants to see happen. Cant half tell what he has bet on. He makes it so obvious. JUST CALL THE FARKIN RACE!

detonator likes this post.

true assessment V_v, he's effing shocking!!
    edited January 2022

W.Pike in full cry(again).No Vax does not mean no win :D

Lifts another home ...

hash likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Phuc me this bloke is the worst caller we have in the state. He is calling stuff that isnt even happening, more-so he seems to call what he wants to see happen. Cant half tell what he has bet on. He makes it so obvious. JUST CALL THE FARKIN RACE!

Haha I messaged a mate after R7 saying “let’s play a game of what did Richie back for the last few”. Everyone should be a winner
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Ok Train
    8 in a row for the Multi
    Let’s kick the last 2 home [-O<

sonny likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Whats it paying Roo??
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I think the 10 place multi is going to fall at the last hurdle. Testya has to be a risk at 1200m

rooboy likes this post.

75/1
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

Anyone listening on the radio that was on Trade War would have thought they were in with a chance halfway up the straight… meanwhile the winner was off and gone and never looked like being a danger
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    hash said:

Anyone listening on the radio that was on Trade War would have thought they were in with a chance halfway up the straight… meanwhile the winner was off and gone and never looked like being a danger

Exactly the horse i was referring to when i posted. Sounded like it was working home like a bullet, but to be fair, it was no hope. Disgraceful call.
  • psychopsycho    652 posts
    Not having a shot at anyone "but who listens on the radio" you can watch a race live on your left testicle if you pay enough
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    I do!!!

psycho, Thunderstruck, oldhendo likes this post.

• psychopsycho    652 posts
    JayJay said:

I do!!!

Was waiting for the first person to wake up to the "lead"

JayJay likes this post.

Rodent said:

Rodent said:

I think the 10 place multi is going to fall at the last hurdle. Testya has to be a risk at 1200m

It was always going to end that way Rodent and really don't give a rats ass as i respect Trains tips!
    As long as you keep posting your winning results everyone is happy!

spinking likes this post.

OOH!!
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Train is a great judge. His tipping is excellent.