G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members
jumjum    3,512 posts
Here you go lads  <:-P  :-@
For anyone that wants to talk this shitte. Now we can keep it off all the other threads. ???? Yeah. 

:-j :-j
+1 -1

oldhendo, thefalcon, freodockers likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    what frightens me are the number of young people sucked in by climate...plus the independents. the young folk are going to vote labor.
    i asked a 21 yo uni student if he had looked back on the rudd/gillard period. he said he'd "sorta" heard of them.
    i told him to tell his mates to do a bit of homework..

Tucool likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited April 2022
    Seriously you guys This rubbish doesn’t even belong on this site regardless even if it’s in its own thread. 8-|

freodockers, jum likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    There's too few people on this site as it is. Politics certainly won't attract people to the joint but it might put a few members off.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Lets turn it into a punting thread then:

Labor $1.70
    Libs $2.10
    any other result $67

freodockers, jum, Gray likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Sort of politics - heard on the PM Radio show on ABC last night 

Leading Epidemiologist from i think the Doherty institute - commenting on Vic./NSW removal of some requirements 

He said having 2 jabs gives  you about the same protection as no jabs - i found that a very interesting comment 
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited April 2022
    I've always doubted the effectiveness it was all pretty rushed..finally getting my booster next Friday fwiw.
    I have no idea though is this institute one of conspiracy theorists or real world/rational theorists.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Pretty respected institute. They were the outfit that did the modelling which the eastern states relied on.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    hash said:

Seriously you guys This rubbish doesn’t even belong on this site regardless even if it’s in its own thread. 8-|

I agree with you 100%.
    I am just sick of other threads morphing into political talk. At least this way they can all ramble on this thread and we can scroll straight past it. 
    Every time there's an election. People just can't help arguing about it.
    @TheDiva how is any other result $67. It should $10,000/1

JayJay, hash likes this post.

how can i get a grand on the libs....dinkum ?

edited April 2022
    thefalcon said:

how can i get a grand on the libs....dinkum ?

Sportsbet $2.10,  Tabtouch $2.05
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    thefalcon said:

what frightens me are the number of young people sucked in by climate...plus the independents. the young folk are going to vote labor.

i asked a 21 yo uni student if he had looked back on the rudd/gillard period. he said he'd "sorta" heard of them.

On climate change, i Saw this the other day and thought u would like it falc, i loved it!

“Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment,.
    The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."
    The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."
    The older lady said that she was right our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on toexplain: Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.
    But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day. Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books.
    But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks. But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.
    Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days.
    Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.
    Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana.
    In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us.
    Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power.
    We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity. But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.
    Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the "green thing."
    We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.
    But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?”
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    thefalcon said:

you poor diddums falcon.
    it must have been heart wrenching when rudd and gillard were about.
    your blue blood must have frozen over.

here's a tip....keep you grand in your pocket.
    you might need it to emigrate soon!
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Rodent said:

There's too few people on this site as it is. Politics certainly won't attract people to the joint but it might put a few members off.

I agree Rodent. But the good thing is. YOU DON'T HAVE TO OPEN THE THREAD  :\">.
    But as you can see. This thread is off and racing.
    :-j

And I'm a shitt stirrer. Ill be checking in and watching the shitt slinging. 
    To me this is no different to the AFL 2022 Thread under sport. There is no decent commentary around football. Just a few blokes trying to drag there day a long a bit. 
    Maybe Admin can move this thread into the Sport section and get it off the WA racing page.

:-bd

hash likes this post.

jum said:

Rodent said:

I agree Rodent. But the good thing is. YOU DON'T HAVE TO OPEN THE THREAD  :\">.
    But as you can see. This thread is off and racing.
    :-j

And I'm a shitt stirrer. Ill be checking in and watching the shitt slinging. 
    To me this is no different to the AFL 2022 Thread under sport. There is no decent commentary around football. Just a few blokes trying to drag there day a long a bit. 
    Maybe Admin can move this thread into the Sport section and get it off the WA racing page.

:-bd
    Boy are there some  Major Turncoats on this forum including yourself 

Re the COVID situation - and politics in general - there was 1000 posts ( which i didnt contribute any ) - some members would have posted at least 100 times

And you could tell who all the Labour Party supporters on this forum were - there was endless posts - putting  the boots into Morrison - the 2 NSW  Liberal Premiers during period - anyone on the Liberal Party side of politics - the boots were put into - even Murdoch the shiit was bagged out of him 

And of course Andrews in Vic was a superstar - Sco Mo was a dead duck and Albenese was the biggest certainty since Phar Lap in the 1930 Melb Cup - There was post after post after post - along those lines

Then what happens - Albo has a disastrous 1st week - makes a complete hash of it - and suddenly the unloseable ( in their eyes only ) may become loseABLE  - so what do all the Labour party supporters ( who were relentless in their posting ) on this forum suddenly say - oh look we dont want to talk politics - hah - hah - hah

^ RUOK ?

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Markovina said:

jum said:

Rodent said:

Boy are there some  Major Turncoats on this forum including yourself 

Turncoat  :-? 
    if you can remember, albo went awol, i think it was in october. he came back an outwardly changed man. dunno how they got the weight off, those manshakes i guess. a visit to a groovy barber, a few new pairs of specs, a number of zegna suits and zegna shirts (he has even be taught how to do the windsor knot on his tie). a pair of pipe leg jeans for the casual occasion. add to this a very passable partner and hey presto the new albo.
    don't be fooled, put lipstick on a pig and its still a pig.
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    edited April 2022
    thefalcon said:

if you can remember, albo went awol, i think it was in october. he came back an outwardly changed man. dunno how they got the weight off, those manshakes i guess. a visit to a groovy barber, a few new pairs of specs, a number of zegna suits and zegna shirts (he has even be taught how to do the windsor knot on his tie). a pair of pipe leg jeans for the casual occasion. add to this a very passable partner and hey presto the new albo.

So Morrison's obvious weight loss programme is ok, trotting out the wife and kids ok? :)

Still a self obsessed compulsive liar is our PM

Oh I forget John Howard's famous makeover as well, remember the teeth job too, but an acceptable PM against todays standards

oldhendo likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    John Howard was a true politician that wanted to serve his country and did his apprenticeship.
    Squeaky clean. No dirt on him.

thefalcon likes this post.

thefalcon said:

thanks for the chuckle falcon.
    albanese could be the devil incarnate and he still becomes PM
    morrison is finished.
    T O A S T

meatpie likes this post.

have you had a look at the shadow treasurer? his name is jim something. i'd love to see a debate between him and josh....
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    thefalcon said:

have you had a look at the shadow treasurer? his name is jim something. i'd love to see a debate between him and josh....

Jim Chalmers, against the shrilled voice of Frydenberg, think he'd do ok
    You're too rusted on falcon
    Morrison is going to lose for the simple reason he has showed his hand for the last 3 years.
    Who the opposition is, is irrelevant.

Never has there been a more corrupt government here.
    They don't ever bother trying to hide it anymore
    An ICAC with retrospective power, would see a good few of them in prison.

Now go back and read your idiocy about dress and weight.
    Does that mean dress and appearance is more important than substance, decency and honesty, and governing for the people rather than their donors.

Just because you are dried on Liberal is not an excuse.
    Decent Liberals would like them gone too.
    Maybe when they get the people's verdict next month, they will have a good cleanout..

Thunderstruck, meatpie, Notapuntas likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    thefalcon said:

Always been a blindly faithful Lib i gather Falc? :))
    Never even begrudgingly over the years thought "yeh Keating did alright, Hawkey too" ?

As Carey said surely Libs would struggle to defend cyclone Scomo though?

Abbott, Turnbull and Morrison now 3 dickheads in a row the public will say enough of these niff nuffs and vote Labor in(call me crazy I actually didn't mind Abbott his weirdness was funny asf, though not ideal when PM I guess)

Albo not being Mr Charisma 101 is indeed a non issue.

meatpie likes this post.

Just my 4 bobs worth

I think Morrison will get re elected - i will give the reasons in a sec - but i think Carey made an excellent point re the ICAC - and should be on a Federal level as well 

Im not Liberal or Labour - but unfortunately alot are - and i call them nutters - they dont look at the policies on the table - they just vote for the same party every time - because theve been brainwashed by someone 

Reasons Sco Mo will get back in - the current war - and the possible ( who knows ) threat with China - most people see Morrison as a much stronger leader than Albo 

The economy  4% unemployment - lowest in 50 years- plus lowest  female unemployment rate ever - they are good/impressive numbers 

The cut to the Excise - so fuel gone from $2.20 to $1.60 6mth temp measure - but that will get alot of votes- who hasnt been pleasantly surprised when they fill up their car 

FWIW - last election i voted for Bill Shorten - i simply looked at the policies on the table - and at long  last we had a politician who had the courage and character to get rid of that disgraceful  tax break called negative cheating ( thats what we use to call it back in the day ) i mean Negative Gearing - and you could go to every economist in Aust  - no matter what their political persuasion - and they would have told you - every single one of them - that it was a tremendous move getting rid of that ridiculous tax break . However that is no longer part of the current Labour Partys policy unfortunately 

meatpie, jum, Notapuntas likes this post.

has he really got covid?
    edited April 2022
    Markovina said:

Just my 4 bobs worth

I think Morrison will get re elected - i will give the reasons in a sec - but i think Carey made an excellent point re the ICAC - and should be on a Federal level as well 

Im not Liberal or Labour - but unfortunately alot are - and i call them nutters - they dont look at the policies on the table - they just vote for the same party every time - because theve been brainwashed by someone 

Reasons Sco Mo will get back in - the current war - and the possible ( who knows ) threat with China - most people see Morrison as a much stronger leader than Albo 

The economy  4% unemployment - lowest in 50 years- plus lowest  female unemployment rate ever - they are good/impressive numbers 

The cut to the Excise - so fuel gone from $2.20 to $1.60 6mth temp measure - but that will get alot of votes- who hasnt been pleasantly surprised when they fill up their car 

FWIW - last election i voted for Bill Shorten - i simply looked at the policies on the table - and at long  last we had a politician who had the courage and character to get rid of that disgraceful  tax break called negative cheating ( thats what we use to call it back in the day ) i mean Negative Gearing - and you could go to every economist in Aust  - no matter what their political persuasion - and they would have told you - every single one of them - that it was a tremendous move getting rid of that ridiculous tax break . However that is no longer part of the current Labour Partys policy unfortunately 

I won't be voting Labor, I'll just be putting Liberals last.
    Morrison is finished.
    No amount of help from the usual will save him.
    He is history, and if by some small chance he does get back(he won't) then we get what we deserve.
    We get what we deserve....a better chance of getting a non government job? One of the best economies in the world? Secure borders? 
     If we vote the government out as you suggest is all but certain, will the new government make life better? It might make you "feel" better but I have a feeling that apart from the vibe, all objective measures will tell us it was a mistake, I doubt very much that productivity will increase under a Labor Party where currently the left of the party is calling the shots. If the Labor right were calling the shots we'd have some hope. The Labor left will be a disaster.

thefalcon likes this post.

You have been watching Sky too much.
    Best economy
    Secure borders.
    Listen to yourself.

meatpie likes this post.

This discussion has been closed.