G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Northam 12th May

West Australian Racing
Ronny Sayers has three in the first at Northam. 
Could the unbelievable happen? 

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    I'd say no chance but all 3 have had some specking late, now wishing I had something on the toppie though...
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Good win the fav, she had a bit on them.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    see chris graham made his comeback in r1. got a few months for some misdemeanor....
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    thefalcon said:

see chris graham made his comeback in r1. got a few months for some misdemeanor....

Didnt he have a very bad fall.

savethegame likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

Fell 25/11/2021 Northam from Tactical Ploy

Resumed in trials 2/05/ 2022
    First horse Ronny Sayers trained was Bobosan -- the girl didn't turn up to ride work---- So he decided to ride it himself it bolted on him he jumped and broke his leg

curmudgeon likes this post.

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Hope Troy Tuner is ok after that fall.  Speaking via my Quaddie  pocket though, i had No Apology 1 out in quad with Field in next 2 legs   :-& Reckon it wins with a clear run ,  8-|
  • ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Actually upon watching replay im incorrect ! ,I got distracted by action of Casseys whip action on No Apology . 
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited May 2022
    Seeing you had it one out in the quaddy @Coldy , you could say No Apology necessary.

Coldy, Manchild likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    thefalcon said:

What happened to him falc as that’s news to me
    I thought he was just lacking opportunities but still apprenticed to the Pearce stable
  • shothrushothru    243 posts

First horse Ronny Sayers trained was Bobosan -- the girl didn't turn up to ride work---- So he decided to ride it himself it bolted on him he jumped and broke his leg

Didnt know he trained. Tell me more?
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Yes easy to announce after the race but Announced was a certainty in my opinion after ordinary ride last start. Odds were unbelievable.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts

Yes easy to announce after the race but Announced was a certainty in my opinion after ordinary ride last start. Odds were unbelievable.

Announced? No such horse. Who are you talking about? I thought maybe Advanced but there was nothing wrong with its last start ride. Certainly not enough to declare it 6 months later and 1st up for a new stable.
     That leaves Admired. Must be the one. That disgusting last start ride cost me 30k as it made the race for Baronova. Picture Perfect wins that 3100m race imho with a competent ride on Admired.

JimmyPop likes this post.

shothru said:

Didnt know he trained. Tell me more?
    Stand corrected but to my knowledge & memory which is starting to get bit hazy. The only other horse  he trained was a horse he purchased  from Angus Armanasco- Really Vain which was pretrained by Frank Maynard---but Ronny was the trainer when it won its maiden by 6-7 lengths was heavily plunged they put a battling jockey on  Greg Maker.?it may have even given the track record a nudge.

The horse was back in Maynard care for its remaining three wins. He lived for being  in plunges in his early involvement in the industry .Think two horses  Blixit & State Ballet curtailed his level of punting..

Blixit  dashed 5 lengths clear  home to the world. nabbed right on the line. State Ballet had two big goes but didn't perform.
    Blixt (nz)  correct spelling  the horse that mowed it down was Sky's Above.
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    No , Squeak  beat Blixt  trained  by Peter  Geogresco from bunbury
    If Blixt had won, the bookies would not been able to pay out
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited May 2022
    Scoop Sayers liked company in his punting.
    One night after the races in Kal he enlisted me to go halves in a two up bank with him
    "we'll go halves in the result mate"
    "Yeah...okay Scoop"
    Left him to it after a while to get a drink & when I returned
    "how are we going Scoop ?
    "Done our bank mate & borrowed 4 grand off Uncle Lyall...half of it is yours"

You know the rest of the story
    :))
    RIP Ron

edited May 2022
    Manchild said:

Pretty sure it was Sky's above  it was Blixt first run in Australia from N.Z.  5 August 1992 also just went through Squeaks 9 wins it doesn't look like he raced against Blixt.

Manchild said:

You maybe thinking of Just like Diamonds because he use to back that horse and finished up at his Stud later

Manchild said:

Just like Diamonds was  Also a favourite of the biggest punter J.R.. Squeak beat it one day

• mattymatty    45 posts
    STG is 100% correct it was Sky’s Above D Gundry ,that beat Blixt Jackman, in the plunge.

Sorry , I was wrong