Race 1-   Middlepage,  The Code Breaker,  Apollo Rock,  Bellezza Nera
Race 2-   Fanci A Dance,  Euphoria,  Bettor Be Lively,  Will I Rocknroll
Race 3-   Arma Einstein,  Vespa,  Heez Our Perseus,  Alta Rhett
Race 4-   Texas Tiger,  Dont Bother Me None,  Vultan Tin,  Cordero
Race 5-   Swingband,  Loucid Dreams,  Noted,  Paul Edward
Race 6-   Glenledi Chief,  Beat City,  Jack Farthing,  Tommy Be Good
Race 7-   Ima Rockabilly Rebel,  Booraa,  Angel In White,  Regal Cheval
Race 8-   Unconditional,  Miss Lamarr,  Miss Boudica,  Run For Mercy
Race 9-   Ace Commander,  Majestic Dream,  Goodtime Pe Rabbit,  Sunnys Little Jestic
Race 10- Soho Broadway,  The Tiger Army,  McArdles Gem,  Im Spiderman

Wagin
R1- Meteoroid
R2- Sport Sport Sport
R3- Tritttrittbangbang
R4- The Good Life
R5- Pradason
R6- Thomson Bay
R7- Domande
R8- Gladys Gugman
+1 -1

jum, cisco, freodockers likes this post.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Texas Tara and I’m Spider-Man.

cisco, jum, freodockers likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Two E/W bets at Wagin tonight for me

Race 4 - no 8 Patrikiar @ $17 

Race  7 - no 6 Justa Reaction @ $16 ( please Hayden have the horse on the gate at the start ) 

cisco, jum, Gilgamesh, freodockers likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited May 2022
    Small e/w maddy to kick off tonight.
    Two Bob Cracker win boosted to $150 & $16 a place.
    They never win from 9 over the 1700m & there are a few that go alright drawn way better than it.
    Have to rely on the race being turned into a smackdown by competing egos & him getting all the favours.
    Was on the horse last week & he was most unlucky...has got much stronger than previous preps.
    The odds never affect Emily

freodockers, cisco likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Few potential blowouts tonight.
    R1 The Verandah could get a nice run through.
    R6 Bracken Sky prick of a horse to get on it’s night
    R7 Awaitinstructions ridiculous odds had no luck recently
    R8 Addatarrantella drawn to sneak through.
    Saturday night bet of the week West Coast to get thumped by 200 points.

cisco likes this post.

Make that Sunday they shifted game due to lack of interest.

cisco likes this post.

• Mikes27091Mikes27091    158 posts
    GP
    1.The Code Breaker
    2.Fanci a Dance
    3.Vespa
    4.Texas Tiger
    5.Paul Edward
    6.Tommy Be Good
    7.Doc Holiday
    8.Newsletter
    9.Goodtime PreRabbit
    10.Soho Broadway

Wagin :
    1.Stromness
    2.Sport Sport Sport
    3.Oh SWhat A Country
    4.The Good Life
    5.Watch me React
    6.Snorkle
    7.Swanborune Spunk
    8.I See Fire

freodockers, cisco, Gilgamesh likes this post.

If anybody would like a horse stopped just let me know and I’ll put a few dollars on it.

freodockers, curmudgeon likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

If anybody would like a horse stopped just let me know and I’ll put a few dollars on it.

Doing that adequately myself thanks anyway Gilga

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Did Deni do a Michael Poy there and get the laps wrong?
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Well done Marko...

curmudgeon, Gilgamesh likes this post.

sonny said:

Well done Marko...

Thanks - it started $31 fixed which was an incredible price

5 of those runners in that race - 2 starts back - they all ran in the same race at Bunbury  - and if you watch the race closely like i did this morning - i thought Justa  Reaction was the best run in the race - even though it finished well back - thats why i backed it 

Jagged the quinella 4 and a half times as well - and the tri for a half - took the 1st 2 both ways and field for 3rd - pity the 4th horse ( the roughy ) didnt quite snatch 3rd - might have spruced that tri div up a bit
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Thanks Marko and well done. I had 20/20 on both your tips. And had a very nice surprise this morning in my account.  =D>
    Just a few comments re Wagin - and ive posted consistently that i really like the 2 WA meetings on a Frid night - and love for it to be every week  etc 

It also gives the countrys drivers a chance - T Wheeler and S  Butterworth - they had a drive in  all 8 races - so what is it $70 a drive - plus they won a couple of races each - so they both  would  have probably grossed $700- $800 each for the night - as Geoffrey Webster would say - that is a nice earn 

Race 3 won by Batavia Blackhole - i will make a couple of comments -  i watched a couple of replays right on Midday yesterday - you could  have easily backed it - and i reckon there was some  nice stable money won on that horse . It was $12 fixed odds - i watched the 2 replays - that took 5 minutes - and both Tab.Com - and Tab Touch had it $8.50 - considering the time those bets were put on - i reckon they have had a nice win on that horse

The 2nd point i will make about that race - Curmudgeon has been a consistent advocate of the need for a relegation rule - well if there is ever a race - when the winner should have got relegated ( and im not talking out of my pocket - because i actually had $10 e/w at the $8.50 fixed ) then its this race . The winning driver got 13 days - he has taken the legs of the $1.40 fave at the start when contesting the lead - the fave broke - and that skittled half the field . In my opinion the winner should have been relegated back to 3rd last - 1 finishing position behind the last horse who was interfered with at that start

curmudgeon likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Just A Reaction an excellent selection from Marko, still not fond of the gate but a pretty good steer from Hayden. Has some ability that horse, good snare.

Earlier, some genius on Twitter was banging on about laying Tritttritt Bangbang because it should but couldn't or wouldn't lead. Why you would want to be on it at $1.30 I do not know but anyway, Nostredamous is in our midst as he could predict it's legs being taken from one coming over from out wide. Rekindled thoughts mentioned a week or so ago about the relegation rule. I think the offending driver got 13 days, not much consolation to the offended owner who in all probability got an apology and a waste of a precious barrier 1 for a horse that is struggling to find its form. Not for a millisecond inferring it was deliberate, we all have our turn in the queue but I think relegation is worth revisiting.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• ashleighmpashleighmp    24 posts
    Markovina said:

Just a few comments re Wagin - and ive posted consistently that i really like the 2 WA meetings on a Frid night - and love for it to be every week  etc 

It also gives the countrys drivers a chance - T Wheeler and S  Butterworth - they had a drive in  all 8 races - so what is it $70 a drive - plus they won a couple of races each - so they both  would  have probably grossed $700- $800 each for the night - as Geoffrey Webster would say - that is a nice earn 

Race 3 won by Batavia Blackhole - i will make a couple of comments -  i watched a couple of replays right on Midday yesterday - you could  have easily backed it - and i reckon there was some  nice stable money won on that horse . It was $12 fixed odds - i watched the 2 replays - that took 5 minutes - and both Tab.Com - and Tab Touch had it $8.50 - considering the time those bets were put on - i reckon they have had a nice win on that horse

The 2nd point i will make about that race - Curmudgeon has been a consistent advocate of the need for a relegation rule - well if there is ever a race - when the winner should have got relegated ( and im not talking out of my pocket - because i actually had $10 e/w at the $8.50 fixed ) then its this race . The winning driver got 13 days - he has taken the legs of the $1.40 fave at the start when contesting the lead - the fave broke - and that skittled half the field . In my opinion the winner should have been relegated back to 3rd last - 1 finishing position behind the last horse who was interfered with at that start

Unfortunately no stable money on, I was actually cheering on the second horse- I was probably the most disappointed winning owner on the night, I prefer Silent Reaction.
  • ArapahoArapaho    222 posts
    JayJay said:

Just A Reaction an excellent selection from Marko, still not fond of the gate but a pretty good steer from Hayden. Has some ability that horse, good snare.

Earlier, some genius on Twitter was banging on about laying Tritttritt Bangbang because it should but couldn't or wouldn't lead. Why you would want to be on it at $1.30 I do not know but anyway, Nostredamous is in our midst as he could predict it's legs being taken from one coming over from out wide. Rekindled thoughts mentioned a week or so ago about the relegation rule. I think the offending driver got 13 days, not much consolation to the offended owner who in all probability got an apology and a waste of a precious barrier 1 for a horse that is struggling to find its form. Not for a millisecond inferring it was deliberate, we all have our turn in the queue but I think relegation is worth revisiting.
    JayJay, Justa Reaction has been for sale for $750.00 and open to offers since its 1st win a few weeks back, that win definitely a bonus for current owners .
    Would of been a good buy maybe still is ,Cheap enough.

I forgot to mention a couple of things about 2 races at GP - because i was watching the races their - seeing Wagin was on 

The Free For All - Halls horse - they have backed it for pounds shillings and pence - you know im all for having your horse on the gate ( rather than 2 lengths back ) but in my opinion he had the horse too close to the gate - but i reckon he had it far too close to the gate - its head was 1 inch maybe 2 inches from the gate - its then hit the gate - galloped - and the bundles they put on it  $1.30 - confetti - certainty beaten 

The 2nd  point - how good was Lindsay Harpers winning drive - that wasnt an easy drive - the horse wasnt racing tractably - and at the top of the straight there was 5 of them - and they were tight - it wasnt the place for the faint hearted - but Lindsay got his horse home - half head by a half head - that was a brilliant winning drive 

Swing Band - Ernie Manning in his report suggesting connections are looking at Pacing Cups - to me the clock is everything - re the mile rate - it only went 1.57.2 - it would want to improve in my opinion - ie Ray Jones 2 yr old was going 1.55 and a bit 
    Thought the same thing re LBH drive.
    He lifted that horse down the straight.
    It was LBH of old helped by left hand whip action.

Thought the same thing re LBH drive.
    He lifted that horse down the straight.
    It was LBH of old helped by left hand whip action.

I was going to mention the left handed whip action - i wanted to mention the left handed whip action 

I was even going to say it reminded me of Teddy Demmler in his heyday - but i thought that might prickle a few on this forum so i didnt mention it 

freodockers likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    "Oh tempt me tempt me, my Captain, I can but not resist the opportunity to roll a hand grenade down the corridor. Dare one aggravate the fairest, the most balanced, the most unbiased, the only one who speaks any sense, the solver of all problems?" Yep.

On that basis, in for a penny, in for a pound. It was an excellent drive from Lindsay, left handed and all but fortunately it did not remind me of Mr Demmler. He never has.

It is true that Demmler was Australia's "Leading Driver" in 4 seasons, 1978/79, 81/82, 82/83 and 83/84.  This title was conferred upon the driver who drove the most number of winners......anywhere, metro or country, in the season.

In 1978/79, he drove 113 and a half winners, just 19 and a half Metro and 94 in the country. That same year, Jim Schrader drove 54 metro winners ahead of John Binskin  on 42 and Fred Kersley Jnr on 35 metro winners respectively.

In 1981/82, Demmler drove 175 winners, 44 metro and 131 in the country. Ross Sugars drove 61 metro winners  ahead of Fred Kersley on 54 and Brian Hancock on 46.

1982/83, the pattern was repeated with Demmler driving 141 winners, 37 metro and 104 country. Fred Kersley drove 67 metro winners ahead of Vin Knight on 55 and Trevor Warwick on 46.

And finally, in 1983/84, Demmlers total of 154 winners came from 42 metro and 112 country whilst John McMullen tallied 72 metro wins, Vin 55 and Fred 49.

Right, helmet and flak jacket on, I'm off for a couple of days leave, horses to agist, weanlings and mares to feed, races to attend. Got to keep doing stuff otherwise the tipsters will have nothing to tip on.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Have mentioned before the Monkey on a stick driver.Name which was given to Teddy. by W.F.Johnson he came over he to drive. The old monkey on a stick use to be prizes at local shows.the arms and legs would slide up and down the shaft and nearly turn --inside out .

But nothing will take away what he achieved he won the world's driving championship in 1987.Think old Will was to use to Max.& Phil. when they breathed on them they were gone Like Peter Cook in the gallops
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Markovina said:

I forgot to mention a couple of things about 2 races at GP - because i was watching the races their - seeing Wagin was on 

The Free For All - Halls horse - they have backed it for pounds shillings and pence - you know im all for having your horse on the gate ( rather than 2 lengths back ) but in my opinion he had the horse too close to the gate - but i reckon he had it far too close to the gate - its head was 1 inch maybe 2 inches from the gate - its then hit the gate - galloped - and the bundles they put on it  $1.30 - confetti - certainty beaten 

The 2nd  point - how good was Lindsay Harpers winning drive - that wasnt an easy drive - the horse wasnt racing tractably - and at the top of the straight there was 5 of them - and they were tight - it wasnt the place for the faint hearted - but Lindsay got his horse home - half head by a half head - that was a brilliant winning drive 

Swing Band - Ernie Manning in his report suggesting connections are looking at Pacing Cups - to me the clock is everything - re the mile rate - it only went 1.57.2 - it would want to improve in my opinion - ie Ray Jones 2 yr old was going 1.55 and a bit 

Re your Swingband comment, the track has been retopped and has been slow for a couple of meetings if you look over the meetings as whole you will notice