G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Pinjarra 23rd June

West Australian Racing
A couple of those jocks in the first might like to run that race again. Some pretty interesting rides. 
+1 -1

hash likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    6 maiden races with a total of approx 75 horses, with approx 375 nail biting owners (working at 5 owners for each horse, probably more).
    i wonder what will happen to the majority of those maidens?
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Is this track worse than a 7?

What about Kutsanya in the next Falc a rising 7 yo who it took over 3 years to have a race start and now having only its 6th run, an Nz bred by the looks of it, Roy Rogers has a share very patient man.
    Should handle the track being by Reliable Man, i think it wins with luck in running.

Fmd it went like a camel, I'm out.

detonator, jum likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Alkalines acid test here but i'm not neutral stuck in the middle, i am very positive, charged in fact lets go Lucy!
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    TheDiva said:

A couple of those jocks in the first might like to run that race again. Some pretty interesting rides. 

You can cut and paste the same statement for many in race 7 as well Diva
    Ponty's mount in the last is a 2nd up winner on the soft at this track... :)]

Rodent likes this post.

Any joy with the "roughies" R6 or particularly R7 @Rodent?
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    No mate. I liked Smiling Girl in R6 and didn't like anything in R7.
    Crikey that last winner travelled, decent drifter too hopefully you got some of that one mate.

Had I not spat it earlier I would have backed Smiling Girl too.
    Faster lanes were about 6 to 8 horses in from the fence today..
    I need one of Roy's bottom 2 in order to win on the day.
    I should have pulled the pin early as well. Always a bit of a lottery on the heavies in W.A

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Ponty's mount in the last is a 2nd up winner on the soft at this track... :)]

Plunged late into 8.50 fixed..was 16 I got 18s boosted @ Ladbrokes :x Love you Ponty.

Rodent, detonator, jum likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Firstly I had no financial interest in the race and if I had would have backed the winner. Having said that the ride on Seberate was questionable but then again so are most of Knuckey's rides.

Good news Peter Knuckey the Roebourne round looms but then again frankly you're not good enough to earn rides there. How about you retire?
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

Firstly I had no financial interest in the race and if I had would have backed the winner. Having said that the ride on Seberate was questionable but then again so are most of Knuckey's rides.

Good news Peter Knuckey the Roebourne round looms but then again frankly you're not good enough to earn rides there. How about you retire?

Err Clint Johnston Porter rode Seberate.
    Also... a tad harsh.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, spinking likes this post.

edited June 2022
    Yes point taken Flanders. Thanks for highlighting that big error. Getting my Knuckey ride mixed up. Apology to Knucks on that one. So Porter's ride was pitiful then.

You say tad harsh with other comment and I welcome your comment on that front but I do think Knuckey appears way past his best and way beyond the enthusiasm level. It happens on job fronts. Can he prove me wrong like you did Flanders? :D

For the record he did ride at Roebourne recently without success.
    edited June 2022
    I think Knuckey won't be retiring whilst Baby Paris is around.

Baby Paris’ preparations for the Karrakatta Plate hit a hurdle earlier this week with jockey Peter Knuckey hit by covid’s health and safety protocols.

Bowen says he feels disappointed for the veteran rider who has been Baby Paris’ regular companion and identified her budding talent from early on.

“Right from day one Knuckey said this is something,” Bowen said.

“It’s terrible he can’t ride her.

“I don’t think he’s missed one day of track work on her.

“He’s ridden her every day and now this happens.”

Baby Paris has drawn barrier six in the Karrakatta Plate. Jerry Noske is the replacement rider.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    SLIP.---- Knuckey the  three rides at roebourne --- First ride bled from both nostrils---2nd ride ran second---Third ride was $ 91  chance you can  just about push a peanut faster with your nose  then a $ 91 chance at Roebourne.
     Without knowing for sure see  the ownership----  the one that bled has three ex-jockeys.with his nature probably went up to help  mates  out. 

spinking, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Maybe you should retire Slipper . Potted someone who wasnt even the right person
    :))
    The horse I meant was All Man and yes retirement is a consideration :-B  But then I know how much you really all love me  :x :D

rooboy likes this post.