Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Ascot Saturday 4th Feb

West Australian Racing
TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
Hoops tips for the weekend:

HOOPSY?S ASCOT PREVIEW

RACE 1 ?WESTSPEED PLATE 1100m
No. 1 STRIKE TWO. This is a tricky race to start the day. I?ll stick with the race form and go for (1) STRIKE TWO. He was doing his best work late at both his two race track starts and with race fitness on his side he should be hard to hold out. (9) LOOKING AHEAD trialled nicely and Paul Harvey takes the mount for her debut, watch betting. (4) ELITE SCOPE failed on debut but she went back to the trials and performed nicely. If she produces the trial effort, she?s in the mix. (7) FORTUNE SHINES is regally bred and makes her debut for the Neville Parnham stable.
Numbers ? 1, 9, 4, 7

RACE 2 ? KATE CAVE?S BIG DAY OUT HANDICAP 1000m
No. 9 NINE TENORS. This is a good little three-year-old race with a number of winning chances. (9) NINE TENORS is a speedy filly who resumes from a spell for Jim Taylor. She was a dominant winner at her first up run last campaign and going by her recent trial performance, she should be ready to roll first up. The stable mate (1) LORD BALTHAZAR resumed with a nice placing behind a pretty talented filly. He?ll probably settle off the speed and be finding the line solidly late. (6) IT?S A MERC returns to the metropolitan scene after a couple of efforts at Esperance which included a big 6 length win at his most recent outing. He comes into the race with claims. (4) IDENITY FRAUD has ability; if he can produce what he showed in his trial, he?ll play a part.
Numbers ? 9, 1, 6, 4

RACE 3 ? MAGIC MILLIONS PERTH YEARLING SALE HANDICAP 1800m
No. 5 JAPPALOOP. This is a small field but the winner looks well concealed. I?ll go for (5) JAPPALOOP who is two from two at the track/distance. He had no luck at all first up when he was blocked the entire straight and crossed the line under a handbrake. From barrier 1, he should get a soft run and if he sees daylight at the top of the straight, I think he?ll be hard to hold out. (4) KNIGHT FURY has ability but can do things wrong in his races. First up he was able to tramp three wide the trip and prevail. From barrier 2, he can either lead or sit right on top of the speed; he should be in the finish. (1) DISCO BLING is flying this preparation and he has big claims again, despite the 59kg. (6) STRIKING GURU looked all over a winner at his most recent outing but was nailed late by DISCO BLING. He meets that galloper 2kg better at the weights which gives him a chance at turning the tables.
Numbers ? 5, 4, 1, 6

RACE 4 ? YOUNG MEMBERS PARTY FEB 11 HANDICAP 2200m
No. 2 GOOSE. I?m sticking with the form runner and selecting (2) GOOSE. He is in career best form, winning three of his last four starts and on each occasion he sat right over the speed and shook the challengers off in the straight. The 59.5kg is the question mark but he is extremely tough and it will take a big effort to get past him. (6) CRISPIANO was beaten at Pinjarra last Sunday but he did have to do some early work in running. I think he will derive benefit from that run and with William Pike going on, he has each way claims. (4) SVARA enjoyed getting up to a staying trip last start and she finished solidly behind GOOSE. She should be finding the line again. (5) BOY MAMBO has been ticking over nicely in provincial class and deserves a crack at city class.
Numbers ? 2, 6, 4, 5

RACE 5 ? WESTSPEED HANDICAP 1400m
No. 9 JUST WICKED. I?m fairly happy to play here and be aboard the Adam Durrant trained filly, (9) JUST WICKED. Her debut win was dominant and last start she simply settled too far back in running over the 1200m but she was doing her best work late. The step up to 1400m will suit and this field does lack depth. I think she will be very hard to beat. Paul Harvey goes onto (1) AKHEDASSET and he should be able to find the lead and control the tempo. From there he certainly has winning claims. (5) VOICES OF SPRING is a talented filly who is yet to break her maiden tag. She?ll get back in running but with only 52.5kg on her back she should finish powerfully. (4) QUADROPLEX had his chance last week but was just outgunned in the straight. With a soft run he has claims again.
Numbers ? 9, 1, 5, 4

RACE 6 ? perthracing.com.au HANDICAP 1400m
No. 3 MISS VINNOIRE. I think you can narrow this mares race down to a few genuine winning chances and I?m very keen on my top pick, (3) MISS VINNOIRE. I thought she was terrific first up when she carried 57.5kg, was forced to take the lead a lot earlier than was anticipated and fought it out right to the line, eventually going down by a small margin to DURRAHMOORE. From barrier 2, Glenn Smith has the option of leading or taking a sit, both scenarios will suit. She drops 3kg from her first up run and with natural improvement, I think she?ll take a power of beating. The obvious second pick in the race is (2) DURRAHMOORE who is simply flying for Adam Durrant. Her five starts this preparation have yielded three wins and two seconds. She will be in the finish again. (9) THE OTHER HARV is a talented mare who ran well first up. She was doing her best over the concluding stages. She is probably looking for further but I think she is the knockout chance late. My next best is (7) SAEZURI who was a dominant mid week winner at her most recent outing.
Numbers 3, 2, 9, 7

RACE 7 ? playeronline.com.au HANDICAP 1600m
No. 3 KERRIFIC. A nice solid mile race and we see the return of the Perth Cup winner, (2) WESTERN JEWEL. I?m more than happy to be on (3) KERRIFIC on the strength of his dominant last start victory over 1400m. He?s a progressive horse who just keeps winning and I think he?ll be very hard to hold out in this event. (7) TEN ACES ran a very nice race first up from a spell. He has much better second up stats and he should camp right over the speed and be in the mix. The cup winner (2) WESTERN JEWEL has definite claims, she can peel off mean sectionals when on song and if they do run along upfront she?ll be the one closing late. (4) LATE NIGHT FLIGHT will lead and is always a chance at pinching a race like this.
Numbers ? 3, 7, 2, 4

RACE 8 ? HAPPY 30TH GREG HOOPER HANDICAP 1100m
No. 8 BLACK FELIX. As this race is named after yours truly, I had better find the winner!! It is actually a very tricky race and you could make a case for a number of the runners. One thing is for certain, it should be run at a blistering tempo with a couple of noted speedsters engaged. I?m giving (8) BLACK FELIX another chance. He had no luck first up when he tramped wide without cover for the duration and his trial leading up to that run was very good. He should be able to tuck in with some cover from his middle alley and I think he?ll finish powerfully. I think the best value runner is (10) GINSBERG. He?s a very hard horse to catch but I suspect that this race will suit; he can tuck in off the speed and be held up for one last crack at them. He was doing his best work late at his most recent outing. Paul Harvey goes back onto (16) UMA PARK and he is another who should appreciate the expected hot speed. He raced below his best when he led last start. (2) ZESTER has drawn awkwardly but he?s always a chance at this level.
Numbers ? 8, 10, 16, 2

Comments

• TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Oh Bay Me not without a chance in the 2nd
  • rot8inrot8in    1,881 posts
    had a nibble on Drive west @101 :lol: :lol:
  • joneseejonesee    715 posts
    said:

I had a 20 at the 100s and thought it musta been my mad plunge that wound it in to 33s....
    said:

said:

I had a 20 at the 100s and thought it musta been my mad plunge that wound it in to 33s....
    My 5ver got player worried...your 20 got em $hit scared :lol:
  • MeatheadMeathead    130 posts
    Miss Vinnoire looks the bet of the day with the barrier & weight swing vs Durrahmoore.

I think the current $2.90 on offer is as good as you'll get!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    Remember what i said about boy mambo after its last start butchering?
    looks like i may be correct....
  • oscarwildyoscarwildy    63 posts
    I presume richie bell is calling the races today. Why not give the fellow who called at Bunbury yesterday a go. He did a fantastic job and I reckon he deserves to get more of a go. He calls them as he sees them and that's what the viewers and listeners want. None of this other crap some of the callers throw in in running.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Hey Oscar......will the change of rider get your namesake in the top 3 today?????
  • oscarwildyoscarwildy    63 posts
    Hey RIO, I doubt if even pikey could get him over the line today. But, at the odds he could be worth a little on for place.
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Congrats lads
  • troopertrooper    681 posts
    said:

said:

said:

My 5ver got player worried...your 20 got em $hit scared :lol:
    well done fellas
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,786 posts
    Great effort Rot and Jonesee. :clap: :clap: I wasn't having a flutter today but ended up having a small wager on it. That'll do for the day. Cheers lads.

Interesting race.. only 3 jockeys looked like they wanted to win it :!: :!:
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Hope connections got enough out of it to cover the 2-3 wins they've now forgone :lol:
    will the "blind mice" ask any questions.
    if j.z. was still here they'd be lined up outside the headmasters office.. :x
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,273 posts
    said:

Wow, great tipping, I still check out the results, well done fellas!
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Venetian Prince - certainty beat!
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Wowee, those with IQ cop a load of the ride on Venetian Prince . . . . . . normally I don't bother bagging a mildly ordinary Pike ride cos I don't wanna clog Chris and Matt's server with Dungy's ramblings, but that was an 11/10 on the scale of deadset shockers.
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Don't need IQ ds - he went looking for the great wall of china and found it - look where Rio Spark finished - with that finishing burst after almost being stopped in running, would have run over both of those first two!
  • he is on a roll, the ride on Crispiano :roll:
  • said:

remind us what you said?
    i'm trying to forget, p-b....
    One more for the day ..Ex Victorian Maarma is ready to show some form in the last.
    said:

said:

Wow, great tipping, I still check out the results, well done fellas!
    nice to put one out...considering i jusr dont get much time for form anymore...hope a few others had a piece :lol:
    said:

said:

remind us what you said?
    Falcon you said...(quote)

'the connections of boy mambo..and smith should have been hauled into the stewards room and ..'
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    said:

Wowee, those with IQ cop a load of the ride on Venetian Prince . . . . . . normally I don't bother bagging a mildly ordinary Pike ride cos I don't wanna clog Chris and Matt's server with Dungy's ramblings, but that was an 11/10 on the scale of deadset shockers.

I was on the winner for a good quid :wink: :wink: dont back him DS he aint upto it :lol: :lol: :lol:
    said:

he is on a roll, the ride on Crispiano :roll:

Runs a long 2nd to Prime Knockout on Wednesday guess who rode that your mate Ponty :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Zester 8s into 4s mmmm DS and PB did you get on :lol: :lol: :lol: Pikey owed you blokes :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • RodentRodent    7,059 posts
    said:

Zester 8s into 4s mmmm DS and PB did you get on :lol: :lol: :lol: Pikey owed you blokes :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the horse overcame the ride. 3 deep the trip was a good effort.
  • have noticed a lot of horses winning 3 deep this year - often not the worst place to be if the horse is good
  • altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    hi righteous re the reprimand on SDM it was in regard to neilson lodging the protest that it was a joke and if you bothered to read the stewards report perhaps hiscomment was warrented .i also suggest you have a real good look at the replay at around the 1000 where you will see neilsons ride is shifting in on SDMs ride which was then proved in the stewards room hence protest DISMISSED. as for your claims about your next lot of RUBBISH tim brown give us abreak he has never laid ahand on him , as for where apprentices are conserned you are way off the mark i can assure you between shaun/bullet/hally/fish/fordsy/shorty/paddy c/ kingy &half a dozen others who are trying to HELP these kids male&female the disrespect they are treated with by some of them is galling. beleive me i have seen it first hand. if you need any more proof have a look at some of there suspension records . bulling what a load of crap/picking on the girls even bigger load of crap .may i suggest you come out of your self righteous cubboard and introduce yourself to S MEERES & find out just how GOOD a MAN he really is .A coward i guarrantee HE,S NOT . cheers