G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members

Winner of the last yesterday at belmont

West Australian Racing
[DeletedUser][DeletedUser]    0 posts
edited November -1 West Australian Racing
HAVE TO SAY THAT WIN CAUGHT ME A BIT OFF GUARD YESTERDAY THIS GUY SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO GET THEM TO REALLY IMPROVE OFF ITS LAST FEW RUNS IT JUMPED OUT OF ROUND YESTERDAY THAT HORSE.LOVE TO KNOW WHAT HE DOES.

Comments

• RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    said:

LOVE TO KNOW WHAT HE DOES.

Wouldn't we all! Certainly gets his horses fit and you can't argue with the results. All the horses he gets off other trainers don't just improve, they improve out of sight.

Comes across as a nice bloke too.
  • auzzieauzzie    92 posts
    Maybe gallop trainers can't train they stick to there gallops training and all there times and that stuff .. These other guys may train way different but the results are there and race them heaps more so y not and there are no rules in how u train them!!! Heard a rumour svilliviich from the trots is trying to get a license don't no if it's true but if it is they go round 3 times a week if he does hahahaha
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    watch the interview with justin w on perthracing...your questions are answered.
  • auzzieauzzie    92 posts
    Yeah I no ... Just race them wen there flying is the answer
  • altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    hi guys ; magoo&dungy a challenge for you both JW will be @ belmont on wednesday & just ask him iam sure his response will be accomadating to you both. :lol: :lol: :lol: cheers.
  • SprintcarSprintcar    99 posts
    My trainers have always said most horses can improve a length or two just by getting out of the city training setup into a country setup. you should drive down and have a look at JW's place, positively idyllic, isolated, next to the pine plantations for riding, hard surface jog track,1600m straight sand gallop,paddocks etc.
  • [DeletedUser][DeletedUser]    0 posts
    I think its rude to say he is using gear to me the guy just knows horses to say things like that is insulting in my view.We are not living in 80s any more get into 2012 your getting left behind the world has changed big time.
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Like the way they can sit 3 deep and kick like they have had a cosy run on the rails some trainer.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    said:

hi guys ; magoo&dungy a challenge for you both JW will be @ belmont on wednesday & just ask him iam sure his response will be accomadating to you both. :lol: :lol: :lol: cheers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Alt just worry about Pappsy riding winners mate,these blokes are that good [trotting trainers] then it makes sense that the Thoroughbred boys have NFI as these blokes enter the industry and away they go like they have been doing it for years i mean lets look at Mark Read he trained that many winners it was beyond a joke and were is he now ??? you work it out call me a cynic but it is what is
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    said:

said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Alt just worry about Pappsy riding winners mate,these blokes are that good [trotting trainers] then it makes sense that the Thoroughbred boys have NFI as these blokes enter the industry and away they go like they have been doing it for years i mean lets look at Mark Read he trained that many winners it was beyond a joke and were is he now ??? you work it out call me a cynic but it is what is
    :clap:
  • altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    hi dungy who's paps i'm told :lol: his nic is broker & as for riding winners thats JW&NOONS& others to worry about . my point is the guy is guilty of NOTHING so why the INUENDO . maybe just maybe he & his staff are that good would'nt that be abreath of fresh air for once. lets not judge this guy by others actions before him yet. :D :D :D
  • magoo83magoo83    969 posts
    Just saying, look how many trainers get heaps of winners then someone gets busted then these same trainers go backwards for a while, horse improves 5 lengths in short period of time, you don't see that happen too often
  • magoo83magoo83    969 posts
    Oh and by the way not all trainers play by the rules some just get away with it longer than others.
  • BroomeCup4EverBroomeCup4Ever    341 posts
    You just need to look at his record when he was at the trots, was that much better than them it wasn't funny. JTW was brought up around horses from before he could walk, his old man was very, very good as well. Maybe the trotting guys are just better horesmen.
    said:

hi dungy who's paps i'm told :lol: his nic is broker & as for riding winners thats JW&NOONS& others to worry about . my point is the guy is guilty of NOTHING so why the INUENDO . maybe just maybe he & his staff are that good would'nt that be abreath of fresh air for once. lets not judge this guy by others actions before him yet. :D :D :D

Fair enough, you're right - can't be judged if he hasn't done anything wrong.

I guess it don't help him what happened with Reed - dogs were barking, was too good to be true. And it was.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    JTW had a similar impact when he started training at the trots.

People tend to be sceptical when someone appears to come from nowhere and they start training winners.

The sceptics seem to totally disregard the years of family involvement and look to other reasons to explain the success.

I don`t suscribe to the theory that if you trained pacers you automatically have success with thoroughbreds.

Many thoroughbred trainers seem to rely on blood tests and veterinary advice to dictate when they run their horses.

I am always perplexed why trainers don`t question their vet`s advice when their horses finish tailed off or clearly lengths off their best form (2 to 3 per race) despite having faultless blood tests and veterinary advice that the horse is in perfect condition.

Instead they conclude that their horse needs a spell and they don`t investigate if their own training methods and vets advice have contributed to the poor performance.

They also seem to have a mindset that comes from fragile 2 and 3 year olds and apply the same caution to training older fully mature racehorses.

Most of JTW`s success in both codes has been with older fully mature horses.

Perhaps those who doubt JTW`s success need to look in their own backyard and see what they are doing wrong.
  • ICEICE    683 posts
    A very good horseman not many of these guys left in the game,have been on the F his last 5 starts guys don't we remember the golden rule change of trainer get on 8) $$$
  • raconteurraconteur    610 posts
    BROOMECUP FEVER FOREVER.com said -
    " Maybe the trotting guys are just better horesmen(sic)."

I don't think so ...have a look at the list of trotting cum gallop trainer's
    who have simply been found out in the end.
    No doubt the different long slow work - does give them 'end of race fitness' but please, - better horsemen than all gallop trainers ???
    I think Jack Kirkpatrick, L J Pike Jock Campbell and a myriad of old timers would have held their own too if they decided that they had wanted to 'get behind on, in a cart'.
    [/b]
    Very much in same mold as J SIZE IN HONG KONG this bloke has plenty of time non stressed type results flow as a result of the feild he comes out of seems to be a very high energy field.
    said:

Very much in same mold as J SIZE IN HONG KONG this bloke has plenty of time non stressed type results flow as a result of the feild he comes out of seems to be a very high energy field.

You pick up all that from a few post race interviews? Maybe you should be a psychological profiler
  • Size is in a league of his own.

JTW did the same thing at the trots when he started off, horses like Ted Barry, Allwoods Chief and many others, he knows when they are ready and when to move them on. Bloke is simply a bloody good trainer
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts

You pick up all that from a few post race interviews?

I would think it had something to do with his previous record at the trots, his thoroughbred training results, his ability to improve horses from other trainers and being able to get horses to hold their form for longer than most others.

So maybe he picked it up from those things DS.

Probably don`t need to be a psychological profiler just need to be observant.
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    said:

:shock: Now you've confused me Mailman. Are you talking about a positive 'aura' that surrounds him??
    Every person on the planet has a energy field that goes around the body that super seeds your chemistry or matter u might call it a thought feild with all that u have ever thought about in your life held with in that field which has the ability to turn genes on and off.They talk about environmental singles switching singles on and off as u see with horses each time they go to a new stable ect.This also happens with humans all the time.What alot of people dont understand is that humans are no different whats reading the single and turning genes on and off in a person is there unconscious processes their field thats reading the single.Thats y some people are able to think different out side square and get different results to others in short.Acupuncture and mri ct scans read a energy filed all the time if it was not there u could not get a x ray.Thoughts have energy no question that then tie u to a attractor field of power or weakness weakness u might say brings in the lower side of life addiction ect.Thats y 12 step groups work were other things dont with in a 12step recover group a powerful energy feild is created by the group reenforced over time its a stunning eg of the non linear filed at work the brain reacts global to the energy field.Just looking at way he goes about his bussiness i say he has a high level of calibrated energy or consciousness which means the power of his filed gives him options that are not open to others his results on both codes shows this hope that helps.
  • IntoItIntoIt    659 posts
    I'd say he's supremely confident in what he does and is left to do his own thing and it builds from there. Happy horses, happy owners, happy trainer!
    Another soul destroyer is when owners start adding up the number of runs in a campaign, look how many runs JTW is getting and quite successfully.
  • JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    And on the flip side it's not like every horse he gets he improves look at Naku Penda couldn't get him going and Erkelens gets him to run a good second first start for her so not all horses respond to his style of training
  • rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    8) 8) 8)
    Lot of posts being deleted around here!!
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    just hanging in there till August 1, then everything will be fixed....I promise! :wink:
  • rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Awesome Diva.

Start of a new season.

Hope some go for a spell or retire.

8) :lol: :D
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Or are gelded