cisco likes this post.

Comments

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    207 posts
    Can do minus factum cross the 1?
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    Euphoric Moment EW.

cisco likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    Tiny tiny e/w bet in the next the fillies and mares feature - just for an interest

Paroquet - it can pull out some brilliant runs - but it can put in some shockers - like beaten 50 metres no abnormalities reported 

But outside a couple there isnt alot of depth in this field 

cisco, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• actionaction    60 posts
    8/8 leaders winning so far zzzzzzz racing 

Vincent_vega likes this post.

Markovina said:

Tiny tiny e/w bet in the next the fillies and mares feature - just for an interest

Paroquet - it can pull out some brilliant runs - but it can put in some shockers - like beaten 50 metres no abnormalities reported 

But outside a couple there isnt alot of depth in this field 

Got out to a silly price in the end.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from the replays though!
    GP racing just flat out reminds me of the last 10 or so years from Harold Park before they sold up.
    Hayden Reeves does it again with Twentyblackjack the 8yr old having one previous start breaking its maiden tonight.

I'm just goanna put it out there, I'm almost rising 40, I am a westbred and a maiden. My knees are pretty dodgy but would Hayden take me on lease to get that initial win?? 70/30 lease.

VillageKid likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Looked at that race today Gilga.
    What made me look was something like 8 horse field, Reeves had 4 in it and 3 were scratched.
    Looked liked Richmond in last qtr bringing on Rioli the medi sub with no reported injury to the player he replaced.
    Good luck to H Reeves without him there would be very few country meetings.
    Have a look administrators.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Hayden Reeves does it again with Twentyblackjack the 8yr old having one previous start breaking its maiden tonight.

I'm just goanna put it out there, I'm almost rising 40, I am a westbred and a maiden. My knees are pretty dodgy but would Hayden take me on lease to get that initial win?? 70/30 lease.

He will take you, for sure

Gilgamesh said:

GP racing just flat out reminds me of the last 10 or so years from Harold Park before they sold up.

Outside of Paroquets race ( $15 a win $6 a place on the giddy goat )  - i must say - after watching the races on my computer tonight 

But i watched a couple of greyhound races at Mandurah tonight - and there was a distance race 480 or whatever - the no 1 fave - stood them up 10-12 lengths - came with a big run -looped them and won 

And these days ive got zero interest in greyhound racing - however that particular dog race was more exciting than watching any GP Trot race tonight
  • ashleighmpashleighmp    24 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

I assure you, he’s taken on a lot worse!

But you’re an absolute certainty if you’re westsired too, they’re our absolute favourite!

2 nice races at Northam Sat night - and TAB.Com have got the prices up already

John Higgins Memorial heat - Socrates from gate 1 - $1.30   however Hillview Bondi @ $8  from gate 8 - i think that is a great price and ive just backed it - pretty talented horse - genuine and can race tough 

The York Pacing Cup 29k race - group 3 race - and they get a field of 4 - terribly dissappointing 

Gilgamesh, sonny likes this post.

Northam tonight - had a real good detailed look at the form and replays with each race

Might have gone the early crow with Hillview Bondi - thank goodness i had only a token bet on it 

Race 7 is a very ordinary/quality race 

If  you didnt know the horse ( re its racing capability ) and you just  did the form and looked at the replays then you would say Hilo Tyson simply wins 

Its last run was a terrific run - no fault of the driver there was a bubble in the race - got shoved 3 wide a lap and a half from home - thus 3 wide w/out cover from that point - home in 58 - beaten 8 metres 

Only a field of 9 - Tab Touch have got it $8.50 - thats i reckon its right price - however Tab.Com have got it $15 ( big discrepancy ) so i had a decent e/w bet on it at that price 

Ijust hope it repeats its last run and it will be very competitive

PackedMetalPanda, sonny, AbbysAce, cisco likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    Good Shopping Marko..

cisco likes this post.

GP Friday 9 races 9 leaders win.
    Albion Park last night 10 races 4 leaders win.
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    844 posts

GP Friday 9 races 9 leaders win.
    Albion Park last night 10 races 4 leaders win.

Yeah our feature race nights would be similar obviously more depth in the fields
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    9 leaders won at GP but at an average price of $6.37. Obviously few could pick the leaders.

Only showing what the results were.
    I will do the same thing next week.
    We were both only stating facts Dockers nothing sinister about that.
    Average price for AP?
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Not sure average prices,cherry picked on a weekly basis, tell us a whole lot......a blow out winner can "mask" a bunch of very short priced $1.04, $1.12  favourites....for example 3 weeks ago, GP average was $3.89, two weeks ago $5.76 and last Friday $6.37 but there were a lot of $1.04, $1.08, $1.30 jobs interspersed with a few roughies. Same at Albion Park, 3 weeks ago, the  average was $6.01, two weeks ago with a bunch of unpredicted long shots, the average blew out to $15.70 but there will still a number of real shorties, and then last Saturday Night $7.05.

One of the key selling points of the new business model for WA was a big reduction in very short odds on favourites (terms like the "sweet spot" for turnover purposes revolved around  (from memory) the $1.90 to $2.40 range), to be achieved in part by "like for like racing" and handicapping based on HWOE. Conditioned racing with drop backs after 5 starts seems to have overtaken the initial premise, and we are now basically operating a conditioned handicapped system loosely connected to HWOE, with a lot of RBD races allowing drop back horses to randomly get advantageous draws. This has significantly fried the proposition of "like for like" racing. An attempt at PBD L3 starts caused such an unholy uproar, primarily from the big end of town, that the then Manager had to beat a hasty retreat back to the fortress and eventually out of the building.  To ascertain the success or otherwise of the NBM, you would need to look at the data from as big a sample as possible. Promises of the release of this data from the then Racing Manager have not eventuated, at least not in the public sphere. As such, perceptions from many are based on anecdotal impressions and that impression is of poorly programmed racing dominated by very short priced favourites that randomly draw well leading to uncompetitive, boring racing, interspersed with a few daring dashes for the lead from out wide (DeCampo Dominus Factum, Suvaljko on Hoppys Way and Paroquet), and a few well timed steers from behind in a few of the stands. The nonsense the other night that enabled Lavra Joe and Typhoon Banner to drop into a $L5 25k race and then randomly draw gate 1 and 2, thus rendering the rest of the field to cannon fodder status, highlights in bright lights the stupidity of a system that has been "eligibled" and "not eligibled" to render it hopeless. That and a preponderance of RBD and a few absolute mickey mouse PBD races that revert to RBD when the Grouped principle is applied is in my view a major part of the issues we face.

VillageKid, curmudgeon likes this post.

There is little doubt that handicapping (or lack thereof) is having an adverse affect on competitive racing and therefor turnover.

Another issue that I have raised before was clearly evident in the York Cup at Northam on Saturday night with only four starters in a Group 3 $30k race. I can hear the rumblings already but closed nominations would go a long way to rectifying this situation. At present many connections reach for the smelling salts and withdraw their horses when they see a Magnificent Storm or similar engaged.

I promoted closed nominations in an endeavour to get full fields when on the RWWA Board but the perceived right to for connections to know the competition prior to acceptances took precedent. You can't have it both ways.

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,806 posts
    Who is responsible for the allocation  which  race carrys  the  jackpot componet.

Couldn't get a better example then what took place G.P. (fri) & Cann;(sat) why you must capitalize on field size's. s Something we surely must have control over..

G.P.            Race 6 jackpot   Component  (6,451)- ---pool total  finished up  35.900--- 6 runners  
                                                   start time 19.55.pm --------1.85fav.

Cann.          Race 3 jackpot   Component   (6,451)----Pool Total finished  up  37,000    8 runners.
                                                   start time    19.50 pm.-----1.80 fav.

Surely someone must know who actually picks the jackpot  race ----  Or was it the dog people results like this  gives them extra  bargaining power  at distribution  time of funds.

Race 5  group 3  12 runners. would have knocked on the door of 50k. when  the industry is based on t/over.

Just hope it wasn't a harness person that put forward race 6. 

VillageKid, sonny, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• watchinguwatchingu    31 posts

Who is responsible for the allocation  which  race carrys  the  jackpot componet.

Couldn't get a better example then what took place G.P. (fri) & Cann;(sat) why you must capitalize on field size's. s Something we surely must have control over..

G.P.            Race 6 jackpot   Component  (6,451)- ---pool total  finished up  35.900--- 6 runners  
                                                   start time 19.55.pm --------1.85fav.

Cann.          Race 3 jackpot   Component   (6,451)----Pool Total finished  up  37,000    8 runners.
                                                   start time    19.50 pm.-----1.80 fav.

Surely someone must know who actually picks the jackpot  race ----  Or was it the dog people results like this  gives them extra  bargaining power  at distribution  time of funds.

Race 5  group 3  12 runners. would have knocked on the door of 50k. when  the industry is based on t/over.

Just hope it wasn't a harness person that put forward race 6. 

Wasn't this all covered at the time Novelty pools merged with Super Tab some years ago ? the Super Tab people allocate where jackpots go ?  Thats my recollection 
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,806 posts
    Surely W.A. harness manager would look into and get their reasoning  for selecting a seven horse field  prior to  the scratching of horse 7.---( 6 starters.) and vent his  amazement. surely he works to budgets for distribution  of stakes etc.

VillageKid, sonny likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    844 posts

There is little doubt that handicapping (or lack thereof) is having an adverse affect on competitive racing and therefor turnover.

Another issue that I have raised before was clearly evident in the York Cup at Northam on Saturday night with only four starters in a Group 3 $30k race. I can hear the rumblings already but closed nominations would go a long way to rectifying this situation. At present many connections reach for the smelling salts and withdraw their horses when they see a Magnificent Storm or similar engaged.

I promoted closed nominations in an endeavour to get full fields when on the RWWA Board but the perceived right to for connections to know the competition prior to acceptances took precedent. You can't have it both ways.

As a trainer I don’t agree with closed nominations, placement of horses is a skill and those good at it can gain an edge. On the other hand northam is a 7 hour adventure for me and if I lobbed Mag Storm and a bad draw in the cup id be paying in costs to go work for those 7 hours

sonny likes this post.

Ive had computer problems - just back in business now - that Lightning Saturday ( made weird noises ) did something to it

Hopefully some were aboard Hilo Tyson - Matt  M on the replay said official flucs $19 into $4.70 - i certainly had a very nice win @ the $15 courtesy of TAB.Com 

Just my opinion re GP and short price favourites - leaders etc - and ive said it before - if you could get a 950 metre track - with excellent cambering - ( not flat - that is important ) then WA would have the best pacing in Aust at GP - and i think on a track that size alot of those really short price favourites would dissappear 

I havent been their for many years - ok the heritage issue - the beaurtiful front entrance gates - that stays obviously . But the heritage buildings inside the compound - well if hardly anyone goes - then what is the good of keeping those heritage buildings 

Now i have been reading about the Richmond and Carlton Football Clubs - Punt Rd - and Princess Park ( i think its called Ikon Park )

Now these are big redevelopments 60m to 70mil - and Punt Rd - theve got a beautiful old wooden grandstand - 100 year old - the Jack Dyer Stand - well guess what heritage listed and all its getting demolished . Same thing at Carlton - and ive been to that ground - i think its the Heatley stand - beautiful wooden structure - behind the goals - well the Carlton ground is going to be the home/showpiece for Womens football - lights are getting installed for night games - and that granstand is also getting demolished 

There is a word called progress - put a 950 metre track in at GP for goodness sake - and you solve so many problems - and who gives a stufff about the heritage buildings - if no one goes their - and some of them aernt even heritage - that G/Stand at the top of the home straight - it is an art deco glass thing - and the administration building - that is an absolute dump

capgun likes this post.

• capguncapgun    25 posts
    As for the York cup; it was a disgrace… all blame can be directed to the harness racing manger.
    All country cups should be restricted to non metropolitan winners.
    There is huge money on offer every week at gp for metropolitan horses, so leave country cups alone.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• capguncapgun    25 posts
    Also if the York cup was a standing start it would have been a full field.
    Oh yeah - just wanted to mention one other thing about Northam Sat night

Race 1 looked a good competive race - who got the best run of the faves was going to win - so i just took a couple of 1st 4s - no damage done 

However there is a certainty to  come out of that race ( after how horses were driven ) and that is Corey Peterson under no circumstances whatsoever will be sending Gary Johnson  a Xmas card - no chance in hell of that happening 

And 40 metres from the finishing  line - Corey totally frustrated and understandably so - just looked back at him - and gave him the stare 

capgun likes this post.