G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 42 Non Members

Golden Slipper

East Coast Racing
JazzHJazzH    314 posts
edited November -1 East Coast Racing
what are people's opinions on the $2.90 on player for Sepoy to win the golden slipper?... I'd forgot last start. It's a super horse and I still think it's a good bet in the slipper... What are your thoughts? What can beat it?

Comments

• VorgtrafficVorgtraffic    1,755 posts
    Baring wet track it wins by 5
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Might be coming to the end of the its prep but i do agree rather see it on a dry track
    Snowden wouldn't risk sepoy in the slipper if it was coming to the end of its prep.
    I think we need to remember its still a 2 yold and been up for a while and had to travel to Syd and go opposite way around
  • RazorSharpRazorSharp    439 posts
    did you forget?

he wont run unless he is 110%, his run on the bog the other day was a beaut
    Forget what ??
  • Barrier Draw coming up on SKY now
  • DRAW is

FOXWEDGE 11
    DO YOU THINK (EMG) 9
    SATIN SHOES 2
    SALADE 12
    RUNNING TALL 8
    EMPRESS ROCK 3
    KARUTA QUEEN 13
    SARAMENA 15
    ELITE FALLS 16
    SMART MISSILE 5
    MOSHEEN 1
    SEPOY 10
    MASTHEAD 4
    FAST N SEXY 17
    HOT SNITZEL 7
    ALTAR 14
    SHARED REFLECTIONS 6
  • ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Think i may back Hot Snitzel & fixed odds of $51 tomorrow , have a weird feeling it will fire with CB back on
    even though CB wants to get off it :(

i reckon u will get $100's if u wait coldy

$67 atm on ias
  • ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    said:

even though CB wants to get off it :(

i reckon u will get $100's if u wait coldy

$67 atm on ias

Hope so CB rode its 1st start only, way syd carnival is going will not shock me 1 bit :wink:
  • perfectjetperfectjet    217 posts
    I'm going to have a few bob on FAST N SEXY at any old odds.

Barrier 17 makes it almost impossible but if it gets some sort of good fortune in the run I can see it running a hole.

Blinkers on, it's my bolter selection.
  • TorpedoPuntTorpedoPunt    1,891 posts
    Good to see Danny O'Brien with a runner.

Smart Missile for me.
    Still reckon sepoy is an absolute moral. $3+ is a massive price.
  • HitmanHitman    146 posts
    If Do You Think gets a run, LOOK OUT!
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    said:

what are people's opinions on the $2.90 on player for Sepoy to win the golden slipper?... I'd forgot last start. It's a super horse and I still think it's a good bet in the slipper... What are your thoughts? What can beat it?

The bloke from Racenet potted it from the yard pre-race, told subscribers it couldn't win. Fantastic effort that at $1.20
  • did he tip the winner tho?
    Does he have to? Hard man to please if you can't make enough $$$ laying a $1.20 pop
  • not knocking it - just dont see whats so fantastic about it

to say a horse couldnt win I would expect it get beaten a lot futher than it did
    Getting it beat not enough, you want margins now . . . . . fair dinkum :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • edited March 2011
    so anytime someone tips a $5 winner its a fantastic effort

gee if someone tipped a $20 winner - what would happen?

Poullet obviously does a good job - doesnt need all the hoo-haa to promote his service

I notice Robbie Waterhouse poking a bit of tongue in cheek fun at it - saying Poullet was the man with the keys to the kingdom and had all the Golden Slipper answers

Poullet is a good punter but dont forget - he has gone broke more times than Alan Bond

maybe he has seen to many that "couldn't lose" before
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    said:

not knocking it - just dont see whats so fantastic about it

to say a horse couldnt win I would expect it get beaten a lot futher than it did

why would it not be a super effort? potting a $1.20 fave is like tipping a $20 winner. Surely you can see that?
  • i did maths at school

would need to be $1.05 for me
  • anyway lets hope they get good weather and all the horses run on there merits - may the best horse win
    said:

not knocking it - just dont see whats so fantastic about it

Maybe that speaks volumes about how good the horse is
    It's funny... So much talk about sepoy didnt get through the wet track last time.

Yeah, he dropped the bit for a few strides but once mcevoy gave him a shake up.....i'l turn it up if sepoy didn't get back on the bridle and travel from the 600m to the post. He got through it GOOD!

Sure, he is better on top. But he handled that track the other day for mine, it just blunted his explosion. But to say he didn't handle that track at all the other week is rubbish.
  • RazorSharpRazorSharp    439 posts
    said:

Poullet obviously does a good job - doesnt need all the hoo-haa to promote his service

I notice Robbie Waterhouse poking a bit of tongue in cheek fun at it - saying Poullet was the man with the keys to the kingdom and had all the Golden Slipper answers

Poullet is a good punter but dont forget - he has gone broke more times than Alan Bond

when was he ever broke?
    said:

said:

when was he ever broke?

Heard he had millions and lost almost all of it at one point. Can't remember if it was property or What.
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Salade looks the value runner, 8) on
  • said:

Might be coming to the end of the its prep but i do agree rather see it on a dry track

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: