G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 40 Non Members

August Cup GP Preview

Harness & Greyhounds
robertdrobertd    138 posts
edited November -1 Harness & Greyhounds
well after a black cat stole all the money last week with only 1 single priced winner we'll be looking for a few winners tonight :)

Race 1.

12:Jumbo Operator-i think tonight he's second up,he has loads of class and should account for this lot even though he has the 12.His first up run was gutsy,had the 20m came wide,brezzed and was just to strong,he should be fitter.
11.Cromac Johnny-muched improved effort last week when he brezzed and finished a strong second,the draws a little tricky but has to be a chance here.
10.Mattnamaras Band-has been super consistant without winning and did look a shade unlucky last week,with a shade of luck he's another who can be a player
4:Parsonemby-strong winner over the tallented Artic Fire last start when she found the front and ran away with it,that was against her own sex and tonight she's up in class but has claims

Race 2.

12.Nimrod-won very well in the wet conditions at pinjarra on monday and i also think the draw is an advantage over his stablemate.I think he'll go foward and prove hard to beat at some stage.
4.Nuclear Bunny-another who won well last outing when was mid bunch with speed on up front and ran over the top late,if he finds the front he could be hard to run down.
8.Lewis Hamilton-has been very impressive since coming to WA and he has a win over his stablemate Nimod,this is a tricky draw but the 2500 suits and if he can find the gaps he'll be hard to hold out
6.Nik Nac Nero-a very consistant 3yold without been outstanding,but on his night he can be a knockout chance.lead and won as he liked at bunbury last week but this is a rise in class.

Race 3.

1.Little Sonny Bill-best draw since god created earth,improved last week when 3 back the rails and got home ok to finish 3rd,he has the draw and if he can't win tonight he never will.
2.Arma Harris-has just droped his form of late but the draws helps and will look for a soft run to play a part,is a claimer contender
8.On All Fours-a drop in class saw him return to the winners list last outing,he should get a lovely trip just off the leaders here
3.Flaming Roadstar-consistant place getter who realy runs a bad race in these conditions,chance again in an open race.

Race 4.

6.Chocolatto-reports outta NZ that he has good gate speed and if so will be very hard to beat if he found the front and this is his best draw to date.Ran 5th last week when was late wide and was trying to chase the tearaway leader.Looks suitable tonight
1.Colour Of Money-i have to agree he could be the big improver here and wasn't digraced last week when a good third to I've Dunarunner,should get the run of the race and if last week was no fluke he'll play a part
3.Gate Bender-very disappointing of late but should we right him off,mmmm last chance for me from the good draw and we know he's better than recent form suggests
12.Soul Tanner-hard draw but good horse who has to come into claims here tonight,with a little luck and speed up front he could be rattling home late.

Race 5.

1.Grinjaro-finally has the draw to be hard to beat and he has the gate speed to hold them out early.Just did to much work last week when wide for a long way and they ran a 1.56,doesn't have to do that tonight
2.Elite Under Fire-i don't think stands were his go and his form suggests i'm right as he has began badly most attempts,back to the mobile tonight and i reckon we'll see a muched improved preformance
8.Jack Cantell-should get the run of the race and can bob up at good odds time to time,was a handy effort 3 runs back and since has has bad draws,great place chance in this
6.Franco Renegade-would he give anything to get a good draw,but i'll stick with him,i have faith he'll pay me back soon.Has to do alot of work in his runs but should be finishing home late again

Race 6.

7.Davy Maquire-this is a very hard race but he's been in very good form of late,has just been sitting off the pace and with a good turn off foot he's been finishing over the top off them and i can see that happening tonight with a good start
4.Pacific Idol-grand stand start preformer who if he can find the front tonight always proves hard to run down,did win off 60m on the country 2 starts back and with a front line draw that proves good form
6.Im Grant Lea-now with ron huston and reports he's working well,was a good back to back winner in the claimers before finishing 6th last outting,another with claims in an open race
2.El Padrino-star youngster who at the moment is a shade of his former self,i think he's another on his last chance but i wish he'd find that form cause he adds interest

Race 7.

2.Lombo Navigator-one of my favs and has the draw to win tonight,he has gate speed and could make Hassie work early over the longer distance and then take the sit and run home strong,did this 2 starts back and last week was screaming for a run well held up badly late,he's classy
3.Has The Answers-The iron horse just continues to win and proved last week he could come off the back line and win well,he'll look the winner coming to the home corner again tonight but distance is always in the back of ya mind
9.Rocket Reign-just behind the placegetters of late but could get his chance if the 2 more fovoured horses have a little battle up front.Should get a good run through the feild here and is not hopeless
4.Albert Jaccka-very consistant in this grade and could be the knockout horse,got along way back on the rails last week before finishing strongly when clear to finish third.

Race 8.

2.Pole Dancer-tough race to call,ran an honest 2nd behind Fairly Powerful on monday when trailing the leader,should get another run like that tonight
1.Monarco Miss-should strip fitter since arriving in WA,was a tough run last week and looked in need of the outting,much better than form suggests and looks a big improver tonight
8.Disco Sulinka-Has been racing well and was rewarded for that when deadheating for 1st at pinjarra on monday when wide late and finished strongly,should get a soft run here
4.Easton Swift-honest effort when resuming from a spell when well back early the got a trail into the race to finish a close third,should be fitter for the outting and does has ability

Race 9.

7.G'day Mate-has loved the moved from mobiles to stands.Has been finishing full of steam over the last couple of runs and looks to be close to a win with an once of luck,if he can step safely he'll be hard to hold out
5.Royal Opera-another who loves the stands and is a fast starter,has lead at his last 2 outtings for a win and second and with a same start tonight will be hard to run down
8.Laser Edge-starts like a bullet which will see him handy early,he'a another to have good form last 2 starts in stands and he'll be eachway all day with luck
11.Mister Gallenti-lead early then handed up to his stablemate then never got clear to finish third,he's like the rest and enjoys the stands and has a fast gettaway.

Race 10.

7.Western Cullen-has a touch of class and has won well within himself at his first 2 runs this state,lead last start and proved to strong to his muched improved stablemate,looks like he'll go foward again tonight.
2.Little Boy Blue-he's going well,lead and handed up to his more classy stablemate but fought back strongly to finish a close 2nd,that followed an all the way win at bunbury,could win this but will be hard
5.Itz Darknstormy-retired at his first run from a spell then followed it up when way back early and got home well when finishing 4th to the more fovoured 2 tonight,should be fitter and improving
8.Dreadlock Rockstar-doesn't know how to run a bad race and has finished 3rd behind the 2 fovoured tonight,should get a soft run and sticks on well.

Best Bet-Western Cullen.

Best Eachway-Davy Maquire.

Best Roughie-Franco Renegade.

Quaddie.

1/3/6/8/12
1/2
4/6/7/9
2/3

Good Luck :)

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    the racing radio boys have tipped these tonight:

Wes Cameron ? Gloucester Park (tonight) : 4-6 Chocolatto / 5-1 Grinjaro / 7-2 Lombo Navigator.

Richie Bell - Gloucester Park (tonight) : 1-11 Cromac Johnny / 2-8 Lewis Hamilton / 6-4 Pacific Idol / 9-7 GDay Mate.

Mick Radley ? Gloucester Park (tonight) : 1-12 Jumbo Operator.
  • ph3varph3var    64 posts
    Selections by Wes Cameron
    BEST BET: CHOCOLATTO (Race 4 No 6)
    BEST VALUE: LOMBO NAVIGATOR (Race 7 No 2)
    FLEXI QUADDIE: 6, 12 / 1, 2 / 4, 5, 7 / 2, 3, 9 (Cost $50 for 138.88%)
  • Chocolatto 2nd last - never looked like winning
  • Grinjaro beaten as $1.40 fav
  • agro58agro58    294 posts
    the drive on capt jack should be looked into as he gave his horse and the fav very little chance of winning.fav was great run ,capt weakend badly due to incomptent drive.
  • Robert looking good for the quaddie
  • PunterPunter    947 posts
    Yes he is. Shame it won't pay much. Probably do your money having four horses in each leg tonight.
  • robertdrobertd    138 posts
    not a shame punter,$100 bucks for 100% and the should pays hassie is $800+ and if lombo wins its $1200 plus,only shame would be if they lose lol
    said:

the drive on capt jack should be looked into as he gave his horse and the fav very little chance of winning.fav was great run ,capt weakend badly due to incomptent drive.

totally agree,but drive would have been under instructions as thats how tony races his animals,but was a gallent effort in defeat :D
    Congratulations! Good form reading there. Keep it up Rob.
  • Well done robert
    said:

Well done robert

cheers guys,another 20m rocket reign wins though,tough win by the Navigator :D
    You should do a quaddie for each WA meeting.