G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Gloucester Park 2/9

Harness & Greyhounds
GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
edited November -1 Harness & Greyhounds
A few querries for Rob or anyone. Does Fairly Powerful have the speed to get straight to the front in race 2? Do you think Heza Hudsen will hold the front or hand up in the 3rd? Lot of speed from 2,3 and 4 and then Bronzewhaler Whitby to pull like a train, seems to set it up for On All Fours, think I'll be making it a special.

McGintys Goat fit enough to lead all the way the 4th or will the sparrow over power him? Think the goat might go around unders.

Will Cuzin Judd hold up or hand up? Bit suprised they've been handing up with him. Mister Veejay's Fella, Mattnamara's Band and Bakerandthefatman all have speed, though they haven't used Bakers for a while now. Would love to be on Mattnamara's Band if I knew he has going to lead.

Royal Opera pings the stand and hands up again to Soul Tana. those 2 and Why live Dangerously fill the placings.
Get on Lombo Navigator again!

Does Terrifying get an easy lead? I'd think not making Elena S my bet but woried where it gets to in the run.

Good luck to the owners who win a metro race in the last!

Comments

• PunterPunter    947 posts
    said:

Do you think Heza Hudsen will hold the front or hand up in the 3rd? Lot of speed from 2,3 and 4 and then Bronzewhaler Whitby to pull like a train, seems to set it up for On All Fours, think I'll be making it a special!

You are reading my mind. I think Heza Hudson finds the lead but at what cost? Good gate speed, and some horses needs the front to perform at their best, like Little Sonny Bill. On All Fours should settle back from the wide draw and cover them with 200m to go. Small field suits On All Fours.
    HTA to win again. Over the longer trip, but no gate speed inside. Should find the front easily this time in and over the longer trip can run decent sectionals. Lombo will have to sit parked and that will prove the difference here.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    HTA to win again. Over the longer trip, but no gate speed inside. Should find the front easily this time in and over the longer trip can run decent sectionals. Lombo will have to sit parked and that will prove the difference here.

I like that you have that opinion Punter, means that the price will be better! Watch the replay of there last 2500m race. HTA got the front easy, Navigator sat outside gim and beat him. This time Navigator gets the choice to sit or breeze. Tartary Gladiator has good gate speed and the 1,2,3,5 will all be trying to go forward and get HTA's back.

Was 3 starts back for Navigator the HTA was wide very ealry but still got the front relatively easy and Navigator beat him with a sit.

• robertdrobertd    138 posts
    Heeza Hudson is a natural front runner and could lead but little sonny bill has been firing outta the gate of late and Callan might wanna take the sit after last weeks come from behind the leader win,wouldn't wanna hold up to Bronzewhaler Whitby on that form.

I can't see Fairly Powerful leading,not saying he can't but with Debbies horse in one,and Debbie does like her horses leading at GP,and the new comer in the Prentice stables,it could be hard to see him leading,but if he did he;ll be hard to run down

McGintys Goat should lead,i see the big improver to be Courageous ned

Cruzin Judd imo should hand up so he doesn't get in a speed duel with the 2,3,4,but won't hold up to the 4,no chance then,as you mentioned Mattnamars Band could lead and give Judd the perfect chance

Go The Navigator
  • TheDarkHorseTheDarkHorse    129 posts
    I've returned.

Race 1.

1. MY JASAMI (Ran home strongly last start in a good form race and from the draw should lead and win....atleast he should win this seeing as they paid a fortune for him!)
    8. TUXEDO (Loves the suck along runs and gets the perfect draw here for connections behind the leader and just has to follow G.Hall Jnr's helmet everywhere it goes and fill the placings)
    6. POWERFUL ALBERT (Will appreciate the 2506m upgrade as he is a bit more of a roller and will be pressing forward for a forward position can see him battling on strongly and running a strong race)
    12. IN A FASHION (Hit the line as if he was just joining in last start when first up for the genius that is Tony Svilicich. Awkward Draw but will be running on well again)

Race 2.

7. PROTOCOL (Is getting better with every run and last start just missed on winning...with another stride he would of won. Has to overcome the wide draw and alot depends on the start but I think we will see the best out of this horse Friday and has a big chance of winning)
    6. FAIRLY POWERFUL (Funnily enough they have been restraining this horse from the gate when drawing bad barriers but no doubt he does his best work in front. Should be pressing forward and if he found the front will be very hard to roll)
    11. COLOUR OF MONEY (Rocketed home last start and was an eyecatching 6th the start before he went huge in quick time over the mile - Will need the cart up but will be running home strong again)
    2. SPECKS PERTUM (Should get a lovely run from the draw and run on well but is only a novelties prospect in this field)

Race 3.

4. LITTLE SONNY BILL (Is racing in amazing fashion his last 2 runs have been off the planet when he ran home in 56 and change without G.Hall Jnr turning the whip last week - small field suits and from the draw will be in a very good position and if he goes like his previous 2 runs he will be winning this)
    5. IM GRANT LEA (Made alot of ground last start in that quick last half home and was an eyecatching 5th the start before as well - Is racing well in Hubba's stables and look for another good run here)
    3. SONNY ARMBRO (WILL CROSS THE 1 and I think from there he'll take a sit on Little Sonny Bill - we'll see if my predicition is right but he will get the nice run and should be able to fill a place)
    1. HEEZA HUDSON (Should get a soft run and run home well but doubt he can match these ones for speed at the start)

Race 4.

11. CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW (Is banging down the door for a win with a solid last start 2nd in quick time over the 2506m - Should whip around the field and be too strong for anything else in this field)
    1. MCGINTYSGOAT (Ran home well last start and has the ace draw here will likely be unders in this class but is a good chance to run a big race here from the draw. Keep Safe)
    8. SNOWCHAIN (Should get the pie ride behind the leader and be in the finish for the multiples)
    3. COURAGEOUS NED (Got KO'D off the back last start...then picked himself up and ran home strong in a 28.3qtr to run 6th will be an improver here)

Race 5.

6. PARASITE (Is racing strongly in his past 2 starts in very quick time - Battled on strong when 2nd to Little Sonny Bill in a very quick last half Friday week ago - This is his race he is tough and should be driven accordingly and looks the one to beat)
    3. MATTNAMARAS BAND (Been unlucky his last few runs and gets his best draw for a while. Whether he can lead or breeze he is the locigal danger in this field to Parasite and will be driven postively - Go Well)
    12. XUPAN THREE (Has had a freshen up after running some enormous races, Is quite mad realistically and the back line drawn wont help this mad puller expect him taking off at the 1200m and running another big race)
    2. MISTER VEEJAYS FELLA (Racing well and from the draw could be a knockout at odds but alot would have to fall his own way)

Race 6.

6. CROMAC JOHNNY (Was sensational in winning last week over the longer trip in good time and a very fast last half he did that from the breeze a vast improvement on the ice cold drive the start before - I see this horse in a very handy position and think it could knock over Jumbo)
    7. JUMBO OPERATOR (Has done nothing wrong in his career but he still has knockers - This will be a good test but this horse does know where the line is and he loves a good dog fight - If he gets out of favouritsm he'd be the one to be on as you know he'll be there)
    3. FEW GOOD MEN (Ran up behind tired horses last start and from the draw here I think he could run a much forward race in this)
    1. LUCKON LAD (Purely for the place - Outclassed here)

Race 7.

1. SOUL TANA (If he leads - He will win....Simple but racing is never that simple....he has just come back from his ODS and has draw one which can be deadly if you miss the start at all few nice beginners outside him and he'll need a safe beginning to hold them out, on the plus side A.C.Lewis is aboard and he can time a start to perfection)
    9. WHY LIVE DANGEROUSLY (Ran home excellently last start from a long way back in what would of been a quick last 600m by the horse - Just needs a little bit of luck and he can do the rest - If they give him a cart up this horse will make them pay - Keep Safe)
    7. THE ANTARES (Steps safely and from the draw could lob handy and play apart for the placings)
    10. B GRUDGE (Expect vast improvement in the stables of J.Prentice and could place without surprising)

Race 8.

10. LOMBO NAVIGATOR (Outstanding last start sitting outside the gladiator that is Has The Answers and in all honesty he ran him into the ground over the longer trip - Only just won beating Rocket Reign who flashed late but this horse has the mental edge over HTA over the longer trip now and the key to him winning is to get to the breeze ASAP - If HTA tries to make him work to get to the breeze HTA will most likely fireup and undo himself so I see Navigator getting to the breeze soft and setting up another memorable battle between the champ and this up and comer)
    7. HAS THE ANSWERS (Will cross - K.Harper aboard for the suspended M.Woodley and great pressure driving the horse over 2506m - He is a champion but his Kriptonite is 2506m and this will be another great race)
    5. FAST PLAY (Place best)
    8. ALZONA (Hasnt come back the same - Place best)

Race 9.

9. POLE DANCER (Will follow through and likely be up outside the leaders early and on its last 2 runs looks too strong for her rivals here - She is fit and flying)
    1. DISCO SULINKA (Trialled well at Pinjarra in a bulldog like run and from the draw could be the knockout chance at odds)
    7. JONTY BROMAC (Very handy mare but has to overcome the draw and could be tough from out there first up from a break - May pay to watch first up and go from there)
    8. ELLA SUE (Forget her last run - form before that was solid and from the draw just needs an ounce of luck to play apart in the finish here and is more than capable)

Race 10.

7. TORBRAE (Carried a flat tyre last start when a good 4th to Robbery and this is not a strong field - Best chance to win an M0 for this charger - Go Very Close)
    2. ARMBRO HOTSPURR (Appeared disappointing at Kellerberrin when 7th to Ezy Fella - Should of run on better, In saying that he was first up and from the draw this time can lead and run a big race - Keep Safe)
    10. SACRE COEUR (Been racing fairly and its best chance to earn in an M0 and maybe even win if he can get a cart up - Been following him for a while and has been costly...this race suits him much better)
    4. SIRDREMMA (Possibly the worst horse in the R.Oliveri stables and think it can earn here but the only reason I keep giving this more chances is because of the trainer)

Best Bet : R5. N6. PARASITE
    Best Each Way : R9. N1. DISCO SULINKA
    Best Roughie : R10. N10. SACRE COEUR
    Quaddie
    1L : 1,3,11
    2L : 2,3,6
    3L : 3,6,7,10
    4L : 1,9
    $72 For the 100%
    You guys give Melbournian no chance?

Tough animal on his day.
    I think Melbournian's problem of late is that he's been running in collectively tougher fields than when he was winning. I think this is a bit easier but I can't really see how he gets into the race.

R1: Trap race, My Jasami will be unders, if anything Ip Game Of Chance a chance to lead and give something to catch but leave me out.

R2: I see Fairly Powerful working to the front and being to good.

R3: Really hope Sunny Ambro does try to cross the 1 and create speed because I can't see anything crossing Heza Hudsen if he wants to hold up. Don't think he will but won't want to hand up to Sonny Armbro so means Little Sonny Bill works hard to get the front, Bronzewhaler Whitby goes 3 wide at the 800 giving On All Fours the trail and the win!

R4: McGintys Goat leads, Sparrow is outside him. Does the Goat hold on??? Captain Jack Sparrow

R5: Cuzin Judd to hand up to Matnamarra's Band after a little early speed from the 2 making the band a great each way chance. Think Parasite was a bit flatered by the way the field settled last week making the breeze easy for him to get. I now he ran good time from there but I just think he'll have to work to hard to get there.

R6: No form opinion here but hope Jumbo Operator can brain them to just despell a few of the doubts about how good he is. I personally have those doubts but I'd love for him top top line.

R7: Said it before but Royal Opera crosses, hands up to Soul Tana. Why Live dangerously breezes. They run 1,2,3. Maybe back Royal Opera at big odds.

R8: 1,2,3,4 all Vie for HTA's back. Lombo Navigator pops around. They sprint hard from the 700. HTA lools like he has him 300 out but Lombo Navigator reaching his true talents.

R9: Think the 2 will fly out but sensibly hand up to Terrifying. Elana S is the breeze horse for me and I think she can win from there.

R10: Lucky metro winning owners stakes!

Best Bet Lombo Navigator

Best Each Way On All Fours.

Quad

Bets
    On All Fours 20 by 50 style
    Lombo Navigator 50 by 120 style (Runs a place money back)
    20 win all up On All Fours, Captain Jack Sparrow, Lombo Navigator
    40 place all up them 3
  • TheDarkHorseTheDarkHorse    129 posts
    Few things regarding that....I know your allowed your opinion and got no beefs with that but behind Has The Answers, Sonny Armbro is the 2nd quickest beginner in the state and IF he wants the lead he will get it.....Little Sonny Bill sat parked in 1.57.5 over 2506m and On All Fours had drop on him and couldnt reach him....whats gonna change here over shorter distance and barrier draws?

Just interested in your opinion not arguing.
    How'd Guys,another friday,another interesting but great nights racing,here's my view tonight

Race 1.

1.My Jasami-should injoy this draw and distance,has been close since resuming without winning but gets his chance tonight
    8.Tuxedo-should get the perfect run behind the likely favorite,last few runs haven't been flattering but has a good chance tonight with luck in running
    10.Bruce Almighty-tough horse that has to do alot of work in his races from the horrid draws,ran on ok from well back when wide a long way out to finish 3rd last week,should be in the thick of things again
    12.In A Fashion-got that wonferful run 3 back on the rails and driven a treat by morgs first up for tony,will find it harder tonight from the draw and always seems to struggle to win in town when having to come wide,but in the right stables to produce a win

Race 2.

6.Fairly Powerful-in splendid form on country tracks and gets his chance to win in the city tonight,should go foward and find a foward postition to inhance his chances,has the inform driver in chris brew who drives him a treat
    7.Protocol-improving with every start in WA since joining the hall stable,is another that could go foward but has a strong finish also,big chance here
    2.Specks Pertum-looks a great place chance here from the dream draw and debbie takes theses chance from the good draws,should have a good sit hopefully behind one of the favoured horses
    12.Rokewood-hard draw but does have some tallent,place chance though

Race 3.

4.Little Sonny Bill-winning form is good form,brezzed 2 back and was to strong,then lead last start and proved to good again,has gained a leg in the claimers since joining the hansen stable and should be hard to beat again tonight
    3.Sonny Armbro-i tip him for a place last week but got polaxed,before that ran on strong for a good 3rd,will be in the firing line again
    1.Hezza Hudson-a regular claiming entrent who's always a chance if run to suit,does have gate speed but looks to be 3 back which at GP is not hopeless,place looks best
    2.The Hunter-loooked a shade disapponting last week as an odds on favorite,could be there abouts again

Race 4.

1.Mcgintys Goat-2nd up and wasn't that far behind uppy son at bunbury,big look to pull up big in condition(we where stables beside him) so he should strip fitter for the outting and won't have to work hard early
    8.Snowchain-should get the lovely run behind the pace and if the speed goes on when Captain Jack comes around he could boob up at good eachway chances
    11.Captain Jack Sporrow-improving improving improving,do i sound like patto ?? lol gave a great site last week but will have to do a little work to get to the brezze if thats the plan,but will look the winner at some stage
    3.Courageous Ned-didn't get the best of luck in the stand last week but he's the big improver this week,has trialed well

Race 5.

1.Cruzin Judd-lead over the 2500 but run down last start,back to the 2100 tonight and IMO isn't hopeless,is speed all along the front line so could also take a sit,my roughie of the night with a little luck
    3.Mattnammaras Band-has to be his best draw in some time and last 2 starts where without any luck in been held up,great chance tonight WITH LUCK!!!!
    6.Parasite-improving with each outting and you just know he'll go foward and battle away all day,another who will look the winner turning for home
    2.Mister Veejays Fella-hasn't won in a long time and can't see it happening tonight,but has the draw and a great chance to run and improved race tonight

Race 6.

7.Jumbo Operator-i have to agree with the dark one that he has his knockers but he keeps answering them each week,has a fantastic record and his first 2 runs since a spell have been tough wins,looks likely to have a tough one again tonight but is the class
    6.Cromac Johnny-love this horse he's just a goer,sat parker outside Captain Jack Sporrow and proved to strong last week,he'll be there when the dog fight begins
    1.Luckon Lad-form is better than it reads but can't see him knocking over the more fancied 2,place looks ya best bet
    5.Omegarama-has ran some handy races since joining the new stables of Sarah Darcy and looks an eachway chance with the right run,going ok

Race 7.

1.Soul Tanner-should take a power of catching if he gets the lead,worked to the lead last week after a safe beginning and held them off with a strong preformance,sure to go well here again tonight
    9.Why Live Dangerously-ya had to have liked his run last week when well back before powering home to finish 2nd behind soul tanner,will be running on strong again and if can get a little closer in running could be hard to hold out
    6.Royal Opera-brillant stand beginner who lead before handing up to the evental winner before finishing on their heels for a close third,just needs his general fast start to be in the running again
    2.Ohoka Dakota-is generally a good beginner in the stands and is steadily improving for the turvey camp,good place chance with the right run

Race 8.

10.Lombo Navigator-super super run last start to brezze outside hassie and prove the stronger over the long distance,i see him there again tonight and we'll see another battle between the iron horse and the up and comer
    7.Has The Answers-should lead without any problems and you know he's gonna look the winner on the home corner,will have the Navigator breathing down his neck but as soon as we right him off he brings the goods
    6.Fast Play-has good gate speed to be in a foward postition to bsattle for a place
    9.Pacific Idol-massive jump in class but i see him getting a soft run and can run on for a place at odds

Race 9.

9.Pole Dancer-not a bad draw as she'll follow through a noted fast beginner,her form is honest and in an open race is a great chance
    4.Terrifying-a tallented lady but has a few fast beginners inside of her but if she could gain the lead or be close handy she'll run a great race,he chance begins at the start
    8.Ella Sue-tallented yes,draw tricky though,got no favours last week but back against her own sex is a eachway chance in an open event
    12.Parsonemby-form hard to fault with a great drive to beat Artic fire the a game second to Jumbo Operator,will be at good odds but isn't hopeless despite the draw

Race 10.

2.Armbro Hotspur-could be a big improver second up for the Turvey stable and with the right draw has to be a big chance
    7.Torbrae-should be the favorite in what looks his chance to break his metro duck,nice return when resuming when running on with a flat tyre,he'll be there when the finishing line appears
    11.Pinga Ping Ping-not in the same form from a couple seasons ago but this is a week race and could be there abouts for a place
    10.Sacre Coeur-place at best.

Best Bet-Jumbo Operator.

Best Eachway-Pole Dancer.

Best Roughie-Cruzin Judd.

Quaddie.

1/8/11
    1/3/6
    6/7
    1/6/9

good luck gand :)
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    Racing Radio boys tips:

Wes Cameron ? Gloucester Park (tonight) : 2-7 Protocol / 5-6 Parasite.

Richie Bell - Gloucester Park (tonight) : 4-11 Captain Jack Sparrow.

Mick Radley ? Gloucester Park (tonight) : 1-1 My Jasami / 2-7 Protocol / 3-4 Little Sonny Bill.
    Total wipe out for the punters in the first race.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few things regarding that....I know your allowed your opinion and got no beefs with that but behind Has The Answers, Sonny Armbro is the 2nd quickest beginner in the state and IF he wants the lead he will get it.....Little Sonny Bill sat parked in 1.57.5 over 2506m and On All Fours had drop on him and couldnt reach him....whats gonna change here over shorter distance and barrier draws?

Fair enough mate, just thought the 1 would be able to kick up under Sonny Armbro which I still think if he absolutely wanted to he might have been able to keep the tip of a shoe up there! I just though Little Sonny Bill would work hard again and On All Fours had a great chance to sit and get somewhere near him in that senario. As it was the 2 out makes it even easier for Sonny Bill to get over and it was pretty much a non competitive race. But as my prefered betting method I still made a pretty decent return on what I thought at the odds was the bet for me.

I don't mind if you are looking to argue it any how, that's why i'm on here! It's good if you have a strong opinion, might mean you know what your talking about we can actually help each other out. I guess it's more to do with the sort of runner I want to back.

At least I got My Jasami crossed and beaten!

said:

Tough animal on his day.

hope ya had a few bucks on :D
    said:

said:

Tough animal on his day.

hope ya had a few bucks on :D
    Sure did pal. At that price I couldn't resist.
    Punter!! Melbernian bursts down the outside. Hope you were on, would have been a good feeling watching from the bend!
  • ericwanduericwandu    544 posts
    what a champ
    HTA champion.
    You have to love a winner don't you. Great race, good to see a couple of genuine top liners battling it out in the winter.
    Lombo Navigator is such a machine now. Great strike rate and can do it very tough. HTA is a horse that motors along in front so the effort of Lombo Navigator was superb.

HTA was equally great doing it over the 2506 and not getting the lead easily as expected tonight.

Two great WA warriors. Throw in Im Themightyquinn and bring on the Inters!
    I know roll on march, not to go off early but we can run the top 3!! Haha. Make up for that devistating one stride short on The Facon Strike. Know the owners of lombo Navigator and they are great people, deserve a good horse.
    9th race Mares. Two races in one. Alot of the drivers got caught asleep and got far too back.
    Gee Woodworth over drove Disco Sulinka a bit in it.

Interesting night, i've made a pretty handy profit whilst managing to tip 5 seconds and get my 2 rough tips into bloody 4th place out of 8 tips!

If anyone followed my bet tips (Which i'm sure only I did!) you would have got 191% return on investment, i.e. 91% profit. Not bad if I could find that every week without a winner!

Cracker FFA, would have loved to have seen White on Navigator just get himself another half a metre wider from HTA. Probably didn't matter but I just hate the thought of locking wheels and they were very very close to it.
    Really liked the Protocol Mach Dynasty race as 2 horses to follow and the run of Why Live Dangerously, deserves to win another race in town soon.
    Great night out.

You bet each way on your selections? How much each way?
    I bet more place biased and a place all up. Just had 4 bets 2/5 ratio on On all fours 5/12 ratio on Lombo Navigator. And a win all up I missed and a place all up which came in at about $6.60.

Doesn't seem like a very exciting way of punting I know but i'm kinda trying to stay disciplened at the moment. I'm pretty confident betting like this i'm not going to lose much if at all. And while it might not seem like i'm going to win to much if I happen to snare the win all up once in a while it can work out at big odds.

I find that more profitable for myself than playing the quad or other novelties. I just can not get a quad up! Tend to put them on the night before otherwise i find myself betting all night chasing the value and not what I think will actually win.
    2/5 is interesting. I dislike anything that requires coins. I like 5/10 1/4 as I can hand over notes to the till.