G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members
G-MacG-Mac    1,576 posts
1. M0 M2 F&M 2100m MS Jonty Bromac should have enough to cross from gate 4. She was restrained from the same gate last start as it was clear that Monarco Miss would have enough to hold up. Tonight she should find the front and win. Monarco Miss led and won well last start but the draw will ensure her pattern must change. She is good enough to figure in the finish. Disco Sulinka got back in similar company last week and finished impressively to win. It was a good trip she received but I can see her having to do a bit more in transit on this occasion. Lincoln Beach Girl was finishing well 3 wide last week but took the home bend like a camel. She can lob a position a bit closer to the lead tonight and be place hope. Tough race to start the night.
2. C2+ 2100m MS What God Knows can get a soft lead here and that is exactly what is required for him to win. His last win was at Harold Park over a year ago now where he led from the start and got a couple of cheap sectionals. This race looks likely to pan out that way. Extreme Bromac is the obvious danger but SR5 is tough for any horse. There doesn?t look to be much pace and he will be forced to use a fair bit in the middle stages to stoke the field up which could be telling. Classy Candidate can fill a hole but only because he will trail the leader for the duration and Lombo Astreos should restrain and take the trail into the race provided by Extreme Bromac.
3. M0 M1 2100m MS Zanardi drops in class here and will find the front without too much trouble. I expect Robberyto lob the death chair early and these two will dictate terms in what looks to be a leisurely run affair. Amongst Abbey looks to me to be the one who will bring the race alive and bring Zed into the race for a strong finish. I like horses that have had success on country tracks and come to the city soon after; winning form is good form.
4. TM0+ 2100m MS The trotters are always tough and I would like to thank the club for making this the first leg of the quaddie. Cillas Earl looks the obvious danger; it can lead from gate 5 and dictate terms. Compressor should kick through and ensure that if Cillas does lead it will be well earned. As there will be pace on early the back markers can get a chance. I will be having a bit each way on Our Macarthur Park who will benefit from some early pace. River Red and Nicky Eileen can feature also. In short, go wide on your quaddie.
5. M0+ 2096m SS Change of Tact is a solid stand start performer and the 20m head start on Artorius will be just enough should he step well. That is the quinella for mine. Hilton Mile High is a horse I have always liked but is very hard to catch; I expect him to do just enough to keep me interested. Dance Band was strong last week and didn?t lose any friends; he will get another cheque tonight. Courageous Ned is another who will be thereabouts in this company
6. M2+ 1700m MS There are at least 4 of the 7 off the front line who want to lead here which plays right into the hands of the fast finishing Grinjaro. Milwood Meg can log a very fast mile rate and I expect her to get the front with Cromac Johnny happy in the end to take her wheel. Smart Cullen is a good chance of a place as he should get the leader?s back. But I like Grinjaro in a slick mile rate as he should only need to make one run.
7. M0 M1 1700m MS I can?t go past Borat here. The draw is too good and his main danger, Wrongly Accused, has the outside of the backline so his best chance to win is to burn early and takes the breeze. He is in great form but I think this draw and the way the race will pan out falls right into Borat?s hands. Very nice. My Jasami will get into the race when Wrongly Accused makes his move and Soul Tana will play a part in the finish
8. M0+ 2902m SS: Pacific Idol has had 6 attempts at this distance and never missed a place, shapes as a very good each way bet. Alzona comes off the 40m handicap but showed last week he is back in form. Glacier Star won the Marathon on 5 August so the conditions will not be a problem for the 8yr old. Davy Maguire gets the lead from G Hall Jnr as his choice of 3 in the race and should be thereabouts despite the 30m
9. M0 M1 2100m MS Rebel Deago is the obvious leader here and it would be a surprise if it didn?t figure late in the call. I expect Chief Inanga to perform better from the backline draw as he will be forced to sit quietly early and make a later run; he was gassed early last week which didn?t suit. When the Chief makes his charge Goldanova will get moving and I like him as an each way proposition. He had a profitable few days in the Goldfields and comes back to headquarters full of confidence. The only thing that stops me from bacing him outright is he is 0/40 at GP.
10. C2+ 2100m MS Twisk is the only one I can make a case for here and it isn?t a very strong one. At a push I will throw him in with Habemus, Turbo Gold, and Yagermeister for a quartet. One for the hangers on.
Good luck.

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    Wes Cameron ? Gloucester Park (tonight) : 3-1 Rokewood / 7-1 Borat / 9 ? Chief Inanga.

Richie Bell - Gloucester Park (tonight) : 1-1 Terrifying / 7-1 Borat

Mick Radley ? Gloucester Park (tonight) : 2-8 Hilarious Life / 3-1 Rokewood / 7-1 Borat
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,749 posts
    R1 Think Terrifying might actually hold up. Easton Swift a good each way for me, showed a very good all be it short turn of foot monday.

R5 Think Courages Ned will get a lovely run through behind the good beginers and be hard to beat.

R6 Saw Melwood Meg trial on the weekend and wasn't overy impressed by it, wasn't overly bad just didn't jump out as good to me. Actually think Mcgintys Goat will get the front and be a good each way.

R8 Tartary Gladiator was very good late last week, heard Keys say he wants the horse driven soft now days. Think he might pop to the front then be nice to be able to hand up to Real Life.