G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 22 Non Members

Gloucester Park 25th Nov

Harness & Greyhounds
GilgameshGilgamesh    4,749 posts
edited November -1 Harness & Greyhounds
Golden Nugget night sees a very good one contending it with the barrier draw nearly making it a no race but it is racing so well just have to see what happens.

R1: Dundee Three will be very short and looks to good. I like Sports Adda as a banker behind him in the novelties as I see him getting around to the breeze first and then handing up, though Dundee may just work to the front. Take the 1,2,8 from the good draws as well as the 7 and 10 who are racing well.

R2: Think the race for the lead between Change Of Tact and Lavros Conquest is very important with the one who gets there the one that I want to be on. (Who will it be guys??) I think Change Of Tact might get there. Has been racing well without any luck and I think he can lead and win. Some Kind Of Tactics is stepping up a fair way in class, he has some tractability issues and I think he may have some troubles getting around making it hard for both himself and horses like Erris Lad and Dalvey Gold who would be looking to trail him.

R3: Not a bad claimer with Little Sonny Bill being hard to beat again. He should work around to the breeze and sit outside Sonny Armbro. I'm going for one a bit out of form Lukcon Lad. He loves the pegs and shoud settle with the soft run three back the fence. Being a claimer I think a few horses will get tired and Lukcon Lad will get the splits.

R4: McGintysgoat lead and won 4 starts back and I think he can do it again. Artesian Boy is a good horse with a trail, the stables horses that are getting the lovely run have been winning of late and I think he represents the danger. If McGinty's doesn't lead my quads are screwed!

R5: Bit of talent here. Was on Dasher VC first up and he showed he wasn't far from his best. Think that Rakarebel will cross though and can run a mighty race from the front. Mellsop could have something to say about that but I don't think Im Percy The Punter will step well enough to safely be bussled. Love Tartary Gladiatior but don't see how he can get into it.

R6: Don't know much about Brayden Green, can he drive alright? Think he is on a good chance with Sunsets West who is probably equally as good with a sit as leading. If Millwoods Meg charges you'd think he would hand up which would make Meg hard to beat, she's infinatley better infront IMO. Pole Dancer will get a nice suck, Falcon's Medley is flying and Off The Cuff Lombo is very good at the sprint trip.

R7:The Gold Ace leads and wins the Nugget. Was very impressed with Lovers Delight last week, think he can breeze and runa brave 2nd with the 8 and 9 drawn to fight out 3rd.

R8: Backed Reggie Royale last week and it was bolting on the line. It steps safely but not brilliantly but would like to think it could get the front and be hard to beat. Marquee Star has been disappointing for me, could probably lead but isn't racing well enough to warrant being driven that way. Star Of Dalvey racing well and could get a nice trail behind either Captain Dale or Melbournian.

That will do for me, last 2 races a bit skinny but no doubt being there will get involved! What are your thoughts guys?

Comments

• PunterPunter    947 posts
    McGintysgoat is a risk. Had gate 1 before and stuffed up. Was well backed that night. Will it do that again?
    Lavros Conquest disappointed two starts back. Field lacks depth in race 2 and the 12 horse should run over the top in the final lap getting a cart up. Should pace OK if following another horse closely. The final bend is the question.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,749 posts
    This is the way that I'll be punting on the night.

R2: Change Of Tact. Agree lavros conquest was disappointing a couple of runs back when he lead and really can't see the 12 handling the rise in grade and bends and will be unders so Change Of Tact hopefully at a bit of value with the change to a mobile.

R4: Had another look and in this class McGintys Goat nearly has to be a special. I know he got beati leading a couple ago but it was only by 10m going 1.56 by Grinjaro and there were some other good ones too. Take the Q with Artesian boy, that really is a special.

R6: Hood goes onto Sunsets West which makes me think they'll be shooting for an all the way win. At each way odds I want to be on her, always liked her at the sprints.

R8: Will round it out with Reggie Royale. Bit apprehensive in that I think he needs the front to beat this field but if he gets it will give a great show at odds.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    Mick Radley GLOUCESTER PARK : 4-5 Captain Jack Sparrow / 8-8 Captain Dale

Wes Cameron GLOUCESTER PARK : 1-12 Dundee Three / 2-12 Some Kinda Tactics / 6-1 Sunset?s West (each way)

Richie Bell GLOUCESTER PARK : 5-2 Dasher VC
    12-10-2-6 mystery quartet
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,749 posts
    A great nights racing with the highlight definately being yours truely tipping and backing a $29.60 winner! Go Reggie! (FIGJAM! haha)

Racing wise the highlight was probably watching Dasher VC, a tremendous talent rating 2 mins flat in a very tough battle with Rakarebel.
    The drive by Chris Voak on Off The Cuff Lombo was an absolute gem and added some real excitment factor to the evening, definately had the people at the track talking. I've heard he's been doing a bit of work with G J Kersley and that drive definatley had a bit of that about it.

In the big race The Gold Ace was really made to strech his neck but was just that bit to good.

Want to commend Ritchie Bell for his calling. It's been of a really high standard for quite some time now with his level of enthusiasm and level of knowledge of whether or not a horse is getting the right sort of run for it's attributes is really adding something to the racing.

A bit of a low light for me was the size of the crowd which for mine was very disappointing. I don't know what sort of crowd they were catering for but if that was it they really need to raise the bar. Plus looking around i'd say about 80% of the faces were ones that i'd seen somewhere before as some sort of industry participant. At $20 to get in I don't think it represented great value, "lets take the kids to the trots for the night" $40 bucks down before the guy and his Mrs even put a bet on, buys the kids junk, $4 bucks for the book, $8 for a beer and then we still expect him to put a bet on. So they just don't come.

Was there with a mate who's a sports fan and a beer fan but he wasn't keen on going again at least untill the inters, purely because there was no atmosphere. As someone who loves the sport if I can't get my mates to go because there's not atmosphere then in all likely hood i'm not going to head along by myself so it has a flow on effect. Anyhow don't know how they deal with the issue, at least some half price drink vouchers on entry or something like they had on offer a while ago would be nice. I don't know anything about Mick Radley other than he's from NSW and I'd gather that no one really went to HP in it's later days so maybe this size is all we're expecting now. But it would have been with that same mate that I went to GP with within the last 2 years on the run of the mill friday and the crowd was bigger and he really enjoyed it. I'm not talking about the halcyon days I just want a good enough crowd to be able to take none harness fans along without them thinking I'm A douche bag.
  • SpannerSpanner    7 posts
    said:

A great nights racing with the highlight definately being yours truely tipping and backing a $29.60 winner! Go Reggie! (FIGJAM! haha)

Racing wise the highlight was probably watching Dasher VC, a tremendous talent rating 2 mins flat in a very tough battle with Rakarebel.
    The drive by Chris Voak on Off The Cuff Lombo was an absolute gem and added some real excitment factor to the evening, definately had the people at the track talking. I've heard he's been doing a bit of work with G J Kersley and that drive definatley had a bit of that about it.

In the big race The Gold Ace was really made to strech his neck but was just that bit to good.

Want to commend Ritchie Bell for his calling. It's been of a really high standard for quite some time now with his level of enthusiasm and level of knowledge of whether or not a horse is getting the right sort of run for it's attributes is really adding something to the racing.

A bit of a low light for me was the size of the crowd which for mine was very disappointing. I don't know what sort of crowd they were catering for but if that was it they really need to raise the bar. Plus looking around i'd say about 80% of the faces were ones that i'd seen somewhere before as some sort of industry participant. At $20 to get in I don't think it represented great value, "lets take the kids to the trots for the night" $40 bucks down before the guy and his Mrs even put a bet on, buys the kids junk, $4 bucks for the book, $8 for a beer and then we still expect him to put a bet on. So they just don't come.

Was there with a mate who's a sports fan and a beer fan but he wasn't keen on going again at least untill the inters, purely because there was no atmosphere. As someone who loves the sport if I can't get my mates to go because there's not atmosphere then in all likely hood i'm not going to head along by myself so it has a flow on effect. Anyhow don't know how they deal with the issue, at least some half price drink vouchers on entry or something like they had on offer a while ago would be nice. I don't know anything about Mick Radley other than he's from NSW and I'd gather that no one really went to HP in it's later days so maybe this size is all we're expecting now. But it would have been with that same mate that I went to GP with within the last 2 years on the run of the mill friday and the crowd was bigger and he really enjoyed it. I'm not talking about the halcyon days I just want a good enough crowd to be able to take none harness fans along without them thinking I'm A douche bag.

Well said finally someone is talking the same language WATA have a lot to answer for they are a venue that have approx 3 million homes in driving distance and can only pull a 1000 if that a night. If that was a business management would get the sack exactly wat needs to happen. They refuse to listen to the people and are only initial for there own gain.

They spend over a million dollars on refurbishing the pure steel room etc and in there plans for the near future they are talking about knocking down everthing and rebuilding that just makes total sense.

As you said food drink entry all to dear and food had better pub meals by the time you pay for all that there is nothing left for punting. When you consider that stake money is derived from tote turnover you would think that they would encourage people to have a bet on course but they don't because they have grabbed all the money on entry and food so they can fund there little drink and meal festival punched high above us all looking down on us. They have group 1 races at 9 clock at night which is midnight in the east know one having a punt over there at that time. Of course is our biggest tote turn over and we can't utilize it properly.

My vote is to sack WATA committee and restart the whole thing again , perhaps put the pinjarra committee in there place they would learn a thing or two about running a great meet

• CookieKwanCookieKwan    64 posts
    said:

Well said finally someone is talking the same language WATA have a lot to answer for they are a venue that have approx 3 million homes in driving distance and can only pull a 1000 if that a night.

My, Perth must have grown since I was last there.
  • SpannerSpanner    7 posts
    said:

said:

Well said finally someone is talking the same language WATA have a lot to answer for they are a venue that have approx 3 million homes in driving distance and can only pull a 1000 if that a night.

My, Perth must have grown since I was last there.
    Sorry typo